User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Extrovert males especially pick up artists are way more happier than introvert males

I'm an INTJ an introvert and if you Google best personality type a lot of people will say INTJ is best. I don't feel this way, I wish I was extroverted as that would mean I'm socially confident and not shy. I have a friend who is a pick up artist. He picks up any girl he wants and goes for things. He is an extrovert. I wish I could do this but I don't have the skills. OK maybe it's different for female INTJ's compared to male INTJ's. Maybe female INTJ's are better than male INTJ's. And for males it's better to be an extrovert.

Here are some articles that show extroverts are happier than introverts

Are Extroverts Happier Than Introverts? | Psychology Today UK

7 Reasons Extroverts Are Happier Than Introverts

Why Extroverts Are Happier Than Introverts - Technology & science - Science - LiveScience | NBC News

Why Extroverts Are Happier In America | Thrive Global

this call is bein taped asynartetic's Avatar

The term 'pick up artist' isn't exactly well received on this forum, just a word of caution.

R.I.P. Fred "Bail Bondsh" Herbert
    Likes klimaxoxox liked this post

Am I socially confident? Yes. Does that make me a PUA? No.
    Likes klimaxoxox, Totenkindly, chickpea liked this post

You can be an introvert and socially confident/not shy and vice versa for extroverts. Being an introvert/extrovert doesn't magically make you smarter/dumber or better/worse socially (as some of the other stereotypes are that extroverts are not as intelligent as introverts).

Also, being a PUA doesn't make you a social badass, in fact PUAs are usually extremely insecure and not very competent socially, using textbook manipulative methods to trick people into dating you or whatever doesn't make you socially competent.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat View Post
    You can be an introvert and socially confident/not shy and vice versa for extroverts. Being an introvert/extrovert doesn't magically make you smarter/dumber or better/worse socially (as some of the other stereotypes are that extroverts are not as intelligent as introverts).

Also, being a PUA doesn't make you a social badass, in fact PUAs are usually extremely insecure and not very competent socially, using textbook manipulative methods to trick people into dating you or whatever doesn't make you socially competent.
    They are successful. Which is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by klimaxoxox View Post
    They are successful. Which is what counts.
    That is true, they are successful at what they do, I can't argue with that, however that success only drowns them deeper into their own insecurities and unhealthiness. The more successful they are the more they succumb to their unhealthy behavior and world view which only makes it harder for them to recover and become truly confident in themselves and capable of achieving their goals without using underhanded methods(that aren't even theirs mind you).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    The term 'pick up artist' isn't exactly well received on this forum, just a word of caution.
    The practice of people to whom that term refers is not well received by anyone with a modicum of self-respect. Sadly that leaves plenty of prey for PUAs.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes klimaxoxox, Amberiat, Lord Lavender liked this post

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

In my my recent relationships, friends and romantic, with the introverted version of myself--yes I'm happier, and I'm a moody SOB. This is primarily because as an extrovert I easily forget how hard everything is, which makes life easier, ironically. Once could say I'm blissfully oblivious in comparison.
    ▵▵▵
    Likes klimaxoxox liked this post

That is true, they are successful at what they do, I can't argue with that, however that success only drowns them deeper into their own insecurities and unhealthiness. The more successful they are the more they succumb to their unhealthy behavior and world view which only makes it harder for them to recover and become truly confident in themselves and capable of achieving their goals without using underhanded methods(that aren't even theirs mind you).
    The only female that I have cursory knowledge of, who fell for a PUA, was a self-admitted masochist with bipolar and BPD. The only reason why she fell for him is because she had special needs with sex in that she liked to be smacked around without a safety word (she enjoyed the thrill that he might not stop) and he was the only guy who enjoyed smacking her around.
    Likes Amberiat, klimaxoxox liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Anyone can be successful, if you define success the right way.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Lord Lavender, Amberiat, klimaxoxox liked this post