• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What if we've been looking at 'man' and 'woman' wrong?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- - - Updated - - -

I have been exploring typology/psychology/neuroscience just for fun. My mother disagrees with all of it and could care less. To which, I brought up her devoutness to the Christian faith. Specifically because my middle son recently had an existential crisis because he didn't want to go to a Heaven where you could only feel joy and it thought it was unfair that he would have to go to Hell to experience sadness; and I was basically telling her to lay off the Jesus talk when they went to spend vacation time there.
My mother and I were discussing marriage/ relationships according to the Bible, because my oldest son just came out as what he labeled "bi-curious" a few months ago and his grandmother is the last person to know. (She's not very lenient) And I was sort of feeling her out because my oldest wants her acceptance but doesn't want to tell her if she won't be accepting. She essentially said, "marriage is a man and a woman." And I said well maybe its about archetype or personality type or anima vs animus.
And that's what got me thinking.

Interesting. Thanks for elaborating.

I hope your mother doesn't give your son a difficult time.