• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Recognizing Te and Ti discussion/argument style

Do you use Ti or Te more?

• Te

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Ti

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

natalia93

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm trying to fully wrap my mind around the difference in Ti versus Te thinking and communication. I've read so many different things about it that as soon as I think I understand I end up questioning the nature of my understanding once again.

Here are a few brief summaries of the way I've read them described:

Ti: Processes information in the external world so that it can be incorporated into their own internal patterns, schemas, and ideas. Subjective and not necessarily interested in how things are in reality; more interested in perfecting their subjective understanding of information.

Te: Processes information in the external world so that it can be objectively defined and described. Wants to be able to put order to objective information in a logical and undeniably objective/universal sense.
Ti: Comes to conclusions based on a logical sequence of ideas that necessarily follow each other and usually can't be disputed by pure logic. Ex: A+B+C=D
Better at distinguishing specific flaws in a system, but often is inclined to miss the overall picture or general idea. May take longer to come to conclusion, but usually ends up correct because of making sure each logical step is valid (validity is never assumed).

Te: Comes to conclusions quickly, concerned with meeting the end goal rather than establishing specific steps. Formula more equatable to: A=D. May base decisions off of faulty premises because of lack of consideration of validity of each step in a process.

I'm not terribly great at reiterating what I have learned so far, but this is the gist of what I've heard.

I'm interested in general discussion about the Te/Ti functions, what their form of communication looks like/how it can be detected when one is being used over the other, and how to help Te and Ti thinkers communicate effectively.

I'm MOST interested in Fi/Te and Fe/Ti discussion, but I don't want narrow the thread down that much just yet ;)

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Ti is more subjective and abstract .
I guess the language isn't very different from Te except that Ti will try to think other posibilities that break the rules .

Fe and Fi is relative , This is different to other types but my father is an Intj and he is alot more Egocentric ... so assuming things and create histories that everything is about them , it's very Fi.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually get into misunderstandings with those who just want the action done. And I'm like hold on a sec guys, it's not that simple. Are you sure this is going to lead to this result? If only we can fix this step, this and this will happen.

I mean don't get me wrong Te is needed at times, sometimes it is a direct step, but not always. Ti can trip and self-rationalize and self-sabotage their own goals because they don't think the end at times.

But, sometimes I do act in a Te manner when I'm impatient and I'm like guys, nothing is getting done and it's been SO long. Lol and the rest of the group just don't respond and I'm like okay this is how it gets done.

Some people are too proud tho.

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ti/Te: Comes to conclusions based on a logical sequence of ideas that necessarily follow each other and usually can't be disputed by pure logic. Ex: A+B+C=D
Better at distinguishing specific flaws in a system, but (??invalid response deleted). May take longer to come to conclusion, but usually ends up correct because of making sure each logical step is valid (validity is most always assumed, due to survival necessity).

Not a function but a position of Primary Judging (Ti/Te): Comes to conclusions more quickly, concerned with meeting the end goal rather than establishing specific steps. Formula more equatable to: A=D. May base decisions off of faulty premises because of lack of consideration of validity of each step in a process.

Fixed. As far as 'speed' of thought, the speed of Ti/Te depends on if it's the individual's primary function, seeking resolve, or if P is their primary function, seeking exploration. For INTPs and ENTJs, T has no perceiving primary function to elongate it. These types are primary judgers who come to quick decisions.

The true difference between Ti and Te, since they're both inclined to deep thought and decisiveness, is whether it comes to decisions via a firm internal worldview (Ti) where the "definitions" are clear and assured (Ti), Or whether its rationale is about individual external contexts (Te) where the "factors" are clear and assured (Te.) That's usually why they say thinking is thinking, xNTJ does whatever an xNTP can do, but they have different values cognitively:

The introverted function is manifesting viewpoints via -> the subject, while the extraverted function is processing base information via <- the outside. Thus xNTJs stay with an open-minded worldview (Pi) while preferring resolve in factual summaries (Je.) xNTPs stay with building a solid worldview (Ji) while preferring participation in the change of new outside perceptions (Pe.)

Thus, xNTJs will look at one thing in a hundred different ways (JePi), while xNTPs will look at a hundred things in the same way (PeJi). The 'way' is the internal processing (Xi), the 'thing' is the outside objective fact (Xe) we're dealing with. This is the J vs P difference in general. Has very little to do with if you have a decisive tendency to life, that is if you're Judging primary or not. Nothing to do with Te. Te is about assuming order to outside factors and objects.

True J vs P thus is about whether the external situation has been summarized and an object chosen, or whether the external situation has been left open to perceive and an object not yet chosen. I hope this opens you up to the more rational and technically correct way of viewing the cognitive functions as they occur.

Last edited:

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the best way it's occurred to me to explain the distinction of philosophies (obviously this is my interpretation, that I think best addresses all the writings i've read on the topic) is Ti is model-dependent/oriented, Te is more result-oriented (this is also why I think it's appropriate to see Ti as subjective: invoking a model is a matter of choice, ultimately). A way to think about this is that you can't always prove a statement about an object in certain models of it. Te, especially I think the N-T version, will switch amongst as many models as you need to ultimately output the result desired.

Te pairs with Fi because you can think, where Ti tells you what's true relative certain axioms, it does not tell you what axioms you actually desire. This, only Fi can, because it's complementary to Te, since this is related to what goals/output you want.

I find it's easier to recognize Te or Ti in a type by being specific what type it is. The type will have a particular philosophy towards each of those.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This video has been brought up in the past as a good example of Te vs Ti differences playing out irl. The script is an actual court deposition. Although it's comedians ramping up the ridiculousness of the communication misfire for the sake of making it as funny as possible, it still seems to be an effective little caricature of the difference.

Here's one of the past threads on it, which is worth perusing because there are some useful comments in it. IMO.

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
People are a little confused about MBTI's original definition. I don't follow their definition personally, but I will quote their viewpoint simply:

With ISTP & INTP, Ti is Step 1 reasoning. Induction and empiricism. Experiential reason. Ti learns its life philosophy from its own personal experience, testing and observations; from the ground up it figures out what's true. Its job is to test the accurate reality and effectiveness of all things until it can believe them confirmed to itself. It will only take seriously others ideas once it verifies them through enough experience.

With ISTJ & INTJ, Te is Step 2 reasoning. Deduction and classic logic. Holistic thinking. It doesn't test for accuracy in the real world, it moves to the next step. Te uses logic on knowledge we already assume to have as a culture. It learns its life philosophy from taking already established ideas and combining them into new understanding and applying further reasoning. Te by rule, as the function, is subject to possibly incorrect information if it doesn't develop Ti to verify truth experientially.

Again, this isn't my view, because my view is based on the real definitions.

rav3n

People are a little confused about MBTI's original definition. I will make it simple.

Ti is Step 1 reasoning. Induction and empiricism. Experiential reason. Ti learns its life philosophy from its own personal experience and testing; from the ground up it learns what's true. Its job is to test for accuracy of all things until it can believe them confirmed to itself. It will only take seriously others ideas once it can verify them through experience.

Te is Step 2 reasoning. Deduction and classic logic. Holistic thinking. It doesn't test for accuracy in the real world, it moves to the next step. Te learns its life philosophy from taking already established ideas and combining them into new understanding and applying further reasoning. It uses logic on knowledge we are already assumed to have. Te as the function doesn't focus on observable verification.

Ti-Ne is deductive and Ni-Te is inductive reasoning.

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
I personally agree with you. However, because we have so much data on the more common ISTP and ISTJ, many MBTI practitioners have disagreed with you on the definitions of Ti-Ne and Ni-Te. Due to INTPs and INTJs often mistyping in P/J, their functions are assumed in MBTI obtained from their clearer SP SJ counterparts. This is why MBTI originally clarified Reasoning as "Ti vs Te." This is also why MBTI defines both Ne and Se as external perception, Ne taking outward information via assumed perception of what's there, while Se taking literal perception. That part I believe to be true, but they messed up on the Ti/Te.

It is only until we abandon MBTI's lies of Extraversion and Introversion being about the social sphere, and adopt the true definition of E and I, ie. External object immersion vs Internal subject reflection, will we as a community know the truth of the innate functions in people. Te wants to test and verify certainties of the direct world, Ti wants to think and reason out established knowledge. In effect, both functions come down to the desire to "know." See my original post:

The true difference between Ti and Te, is whether it comes to decisions via a firm internal worldview (Ti) where the "definitions" are being clarified and assured (Ti), Or whether its rationale is about individual external contexts (Te) where the "factors" are being clarified and assured (Te.)

The introverted function is manifesting viewpoints via -> the subject, while the extraverted function is processing base information via <- the outside.

In Socionics, ILI is referred to as the Skeptic, the Observer, LII is the Analyst, SLI the Craftsman.

On the Nature of Externals and Internals (Te's and Ti's definition of "Truth")

xxTJs and their respective Socionics equals, favor The Thinking of Externals. They want to reason things firsthand and are skeptical of knowledge-bases and assumptions, uncomfortable with any leaps to untruth. The Skeptic and Craftsman's reasoning is focused on a personal relationship with firsthand reality, discovering fundamentals and philosophies through experience and empiricism, distrusting in a sense "logic" and seeking to uphold in themselves a confidence for what's really real, aiming for what they know can definitely be achieved or discovered. Te is the thinking of externals. LxEs for instance in Socionics are "Think on their feet" by motto, but for the xLIs, "think after wading around... there is too much information out there in the world to really gain a personal familiarity and confidence with," and this sure confidence is what the Te type really seeks compared to the Ti type. So Te often has to pause all the fields of material it doesn't know for sure, and establish linear priority. Hence Te's love for utilizing generalities as a pseudo-intellectual shortcut to gain grounds: Charting data and finding correlations, charting business mottos, applying rules of thumb, the best concepts to make mechanics move. They're all individual Te ways of dealing with the mess of skepticism it has, allowing itself to know in the very least "approach B works better." Extroverted functions may by nature, focus on the existential need for resolve rather than the mental ease of subjective interests. Hence Te focuses more on the means to a 'result,' while Ti eases into the thinking 'process.' This is because Extraverted functions may be dopaminergic in overcompensation, and thus seek real resolve while having problems with confidence in its T cerebral areas. Don't confuse these traits with the entire type however, ie. INTJ, who is introverted, low-energy, comfortable.

xxTPs and their respective Socionics equals, favor the Thinking of Internals, thus going back to what we're talking about in the previous post, these types skip "step 1 reasoning," the outside judgement filter, and move onto the next stage of verification requirements. They will simply take and accept academic knowledge-bases and then begin to do things with them, reasoning all about their internal potential and conclusions: they can find great patterns and internal consistency, even in solutions that aren't true, they systemise rules, LIIs for instance in Socionics have used logic alone to develop wide interconnected theories and real solutions brilliantly complex in achievability. We say that Ti has much more trust to simply take knowledge and use it, because it continues to rely on its own judgement: the difference is that Ti is the inside judgement filter, the next step of verification, not the outside filter. It's more focused on the process, less worried about being right than it is being reasonable, although they would say that reasoning IS the truth: Ti's truth comes down to the "way" things work, not the separate facts. LxIs don't worry about verifying externally, they see something with impressive roots and want to start thinking about it, reasoning in all the ways in areas' manifested parameters. The Analyst and Investigator's reasoning is holistic because it values it can afford to be, and is focused on a personal relationship with academics and logic. It is the thinking of internals. Introverted functions may by nature, focus on subjective interests rather than on an existential need for resolve, this is why Ti has a confidence to just 'think' as an activity of leisure. Introverted functions may be serotonergic in overcompensation, and thus embrace confidence and comfort while their main problem lies in neglecting thorough resolve in its T cerebral areas. Don't confuse these traits with the entire type however, ie. ENTP, who is extraverted, high-energy, direct.

I agree with Socionics that Te egos are good at using Ti, and they do so, but categorically we can make a clear distinction. Te egos don't compulsively focus on Ti. So why did MBTI call ISTPs Ti, and Socionics call ISTPs Te? Because of my point above: MBTI didn't adopt the correct Jungian definition of Extroversion vs Introversion and their functions. In reality, ExTJs aren't focused on the social sphere; they're focused on externals, on a one-to-one immersion with immediate reality via Thinking dominance. So ISTPs the same thing, but with Si coming first.

Last edited:

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
You are some wrong about Ti and Te.
Te just simple accept acedemic knowledge ... Te is very good at following rules and solve problems in a linear way .
Ti simply doesn't care what rules are about maybe for getting good grades ... Ti doesn't trust anything , Concept rebel is a good word for Ti.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't listen to people that talk about inductive and deductive logic being related to Te/Ti - it doesn't work, won't help type people or yourself.

Te and Ti are both the same thing, Thinking - the only difference is one is predominantly oriented towards the subject on account of introversion, the other is oriented towards objective/external data on account of extraversion.

Therefore the main way to tell the two apart is whether the persons Thinking (regardless of position in "stack") is introverted or extraverted - do they seek themselves for what works, their own personal reasons and logic, or do they look outwards towards what works, a wider collective "reasons" or logic if you will - that's the only difference.

Ti types can seek outside themselves and do "Te", vica versa with Te being more than capable of "doing" Ti - so trying to type via skill or ability won't work either, it's dependent on what is the most natural preference.
Ti prefers itself as the sole authority on what makes sense. Te prefers objective data/external source. Again, both can do the other - the Ti guy can seek objective data and external reference points, and the Te guy can look within themselves for what makes sense. One of them will be less natural for the person.

With regards to communication there may very well be no differences, you can't really type people based on what they say because who knows the context, it might be an out of character quote, etc etc too many variables - hypothetically, though, Ti types will communicate that things make sense to themselves and that's really the main point, and Te types will communicate that things make sense on a wider external spectrum, and that's the main point.

So Ti might be someone that has completely mastered how to build say a cupboard, but the way it's understood is unique to the Ti type - it would be very difficult for others to recreate - Te can be understood as more like IKEA, simple, easy to follow instructions, intended to be easily understood by others/everyone.
Again, the Ti guy can make a cupboard that can be built by everyone, he can create things with Te in mind no sweat, and the Te guy can definitely make things with only himself in mind disregarding whether or not it works for others at scale.

It's literally just introversion vs extraversion - the actual Thinking remains exactly the same.

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
Eh usually we humans do both. Research others points of views, look at observations, facts, listen to others reasons, follow rules if or because they make sense. You've painted a really hazy and nonexistent dichotomy that doesn't have to do with the thinking type. Nor especially the great dichotomy of Te-Ti. At the end of the day a thinking decision comes down to the individual's reasoning capabilities, while a people-oriented decision weighs group points-of-view, reasons and feelings (what we find as the definition of F https://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/thinking-or-feeling.htm?bhcp=1). Feeling types typically trust the group or an authority with complex reasoning matters, while many Feelers have tertiary Thinking they can combine with Feeling.

What Thinking (Te/Ti) isn't is letting others and the group make important decisions for you or making them together. Yes it's absolutely essential in this day and age to trust scientific knowledge, experts in their individual fields, to be cooperative in group environments like a project or workplace, and to be communicative and sensical if you want to advance your ideas. In everyday life however, the Thinking type does his/her own thinking, about all important matters, always. If it's something we feel we can entrust to someone else, it's moved along.

I particularly enjoy my last posts' definitions, I believe they're pretty spot-on using a few general observations I've noticed from MBTI and Socionics. More advanced and useful:

On the Nature of Externals and Internals (Te's and Ti's definition of "Truth")

xxTJs and their respective Socionics equals, favor The Thinking of Externals. They want to reason things firsthand and are skeptical of knowledge-bases and assumptions, uncomfortable with any leaps to untruth. The Skeptic and Craftsman's reasoning is focused on a personal relationship with firsthand reality, discovering fundamentals and philosophies through experience and empiricism, distrusting in a sense "logic" and seeking to uphold in themselves a confidence for what's really real, aiming for what they know can definitely be achieved or discovered. Te is the thinking of externals. LxEs for instance in Socionics are "Think on their feet" by motto, but for the xLIs, "think after wading around... there is too much information out there in the world to really gain a personal familiarity and confidence with," and this sure confidence is what the Te type really seeks compared to the Ti type. So Te often has to pause all the fields of material it doesn't know for sure, and establish linear priority. Hence Te's love for utilizing generalities as a pseudo-intellectual shortcut to gain grounds: Charting data and finding correlations, charting business mottos, applying rules of thumb, the best concepts to make mechanics move. They're all individual Te ways of dealing with the mess of skepticism it has, allowing itself to know in the very least "approach B works better." Extroverted functions may by nature, focus on the existential need for resolve rather than the mental ease of subjective interests. Hence Te focuses more on the means to a 'result,' while Ti eases into the thinking 'process.' This is because Extraverted functions may be dopaminergic in overcompensation, and thus seek real resolve while having problems with confidence in its T cerebral areas. Don't confuse these traits with the entire type however, ie. INTJ, who is introverted, low-energy, comfortable.

xxTPs and their respective Socionics equals, favor the Thinking of Internals, thus going back to what we're talking about in the previous post, these types skip "step 1 reasoning," the outside judgement filter, and move onto the next stage of verification requirements. They will simply take and accept academic knowledge-bases and then begin to do things with them, reasoning all about their internal potential and conclusions: they can find great patterns and internal consistency, even in solutions that aren't true, they systemise rules, LIIs for instance in Socionics have used logic alone to develop wide interconnected theories and real solutions brilliantly complex in achievability. We say that Ti has much more trust to simply take knowledge and use it, because it continues to rely on its own judgement: the difference is that Ti is the inside judgement filter, the next step of verification, not the outside filter. It's more focused on the process, less worried about being right than it is being reasonable, although they would say that reasoning IS the truth: Ti's truth comes down to the "way" things work, not the separate facts. LxIs don't worry about verifying externally, they see something with impressive roots and want to start thinking about it, reasoning in all the ways in areas' manifested parameters. The Analyst and Investigator's reasoning is holistic because it values it can afford to be, and is focused on a personal relationship with academics and logic. It is the thinking of internals. Introverted functions may by nature, focus on subjective interests rather than on an existential need for resolve, this is why Ti has a confidence to just 'think' as an activity of leisure. Introverted functions may be serotonergic in overcompensation, and thus embrace confidence and comfort while their main problem lies in neglecting thorough resolve in its T cerebral areas. Don't confuse these traits with the entire type however, ie. ENTP, who is extraverted, high-energy, direct.

I agree with Socionics that Te egos are good at using Ti, and they do so, but categorically we can make a clear distinction. Te egos don't compulsively focus on Ti.

Last edited:

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Man , Turi that was a great post the best argument so far.
Dashy ... all your posts just fail to reality , yeah there is some true and alot of Bs.

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
Most of his post wasn't even about Thinking, let alone his examples are too simplistic to be applicable to the majority of Thinkers. Please if you can resource back to Jung and MBTI for the definition of Thinking.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Most of his post wasn't even about Thinking. Please if you can resource back to Jung and MBTI for the definition of Thinking, let alone I believe his examples are too simplistic to be applicable to the majority of Thinkers.

My problem with that descriptions is that there is alot of assumptions without any context and some are totally incorrect ( Reality probe it wrong ). There is alot of other funtions contamination and over-romanticized concepts.

Turi words actually work in reality without the fantasy behind .

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
What Thinking (Te/Ti) isn't is letting others and the group make important decisions for you or making them together. Yes it's absolutely essential in this day and age to trust scientific knowledge, experts in their individual fields, to be cooperative in group environments like a project or workplace, and to be communicative and sensical if you want to advance your ideas. In everyday life however, the Thinking type does his/her own thinking, about all important matters, always. If it's something we feel we can entrust to someone else, it's moved along.

If you say this about thinking, then it must stand for feeling, and that just isn't the case. Je is frequently oriented toward some level of consensus. Perhaps you'll see it more in tertiary/inferior Je types due to a lack of confidence, but it's still there as a whole.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used the Gabriel Genesis vs Gabrielless Genesis argument from personal experience to sum up what I think is more characteristic of Te argument style in another thread but I'll paste some of that here:

Also, Te is maddeningly "just the facts, ma'am" and I think this can come across as offensive to other types. For instance, I knew a Te dom (probably) in college who was quite frustrating to argue with, not because he was necessarily right or better at arguing, but because he had a forceful way of stating the last word to shut down a discussion. For example, if we were arguing the merits of Peter Gabriel era Genesis vs post-Gabriel era Genesis, he'd loudly argue that 80s Genesis sold far more records and had more number one hits as though this was the only yardstick and point worth considering in the debate. No matter what sort of nuanced argument you might come back with regarding the strength of Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Hackett's superior guitar playing, etc, he'd make this one fact loudly known, and that was it, he was done, he was shutting the discussion down with that one statement of fact that in his mind superseded all other considerations.

This can sometimes come across as brutish, almost bully-like behavior, particularly to introverted P types who prefer a fine tuned scalpel to a machete.

There's also a speed of argument with Te dominants that is frustrating. They might seem to "win" an argument in the moment, but in my experience, I can spot the errors or prove them wrong, it just doesn't always happen as quickly, it happens after some reflection and inner analysis. It might be an hour later, it might be months later, that I'll think of why they're wrong and think of a really strong counter-argument, but by then, it would seem odd or obsessive to bring something up that they've probably not given a second thought to since the initial debate or argument occurred. Unfortunately, debate doesn't usually reward those with time-delayed responses. Now, there's the odd scenario where I had already given a lot of thought to a topic, or perhaps the argument concerns a topic I know a lot about and have researched or thought about extensively prior to the argument, in which case I am a lot more confident debating the Te dom and can hold my own quite well against their brutal onslaughts of blitzkrieg Te, sidestepping and blocking them like Neo to Smith in the end of the Matrix.

Now, forgive my bias, I don't mean I think Te is a bully function, to the contrary. It's just impatient with too much theory or subjective analysis and wants results, results, results. Sometimes, however, I think Te dominants can think they're super-objective, when they can be just as subjective or selective in their omission and/or interpretation of certain facts and considerations as any other type.

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you say this about thinking, then it must stand for feeling, and that just isn't the case. Je is frequently oriented toward some level of consensus. Perhaps you'll see it more in tertiary/inferior Je types due to a lack of confidence, but it's still there as a whole.

The reason for it (Turi's and Non_xsense's words) not working, is not just because its a superficial and nonbeneficial way to understand people, if they ever wanted to go deeper and more useful into understanding peoples' differences they could, but more importantly, if you wanted to implement these wacky descriptions, they would have to be factually accurate. They aren't. About 90-95% of Intuitive types in real life, according to these definitions, prefer both Ti and Fi in cognitive polarity over Te and Fe (a common phenomenon and complaint I don't believe they've truly researched or been honest about.) This is because Intuitives value their own way of looking at life, ethics, facts, values, not oriented to a consensus etc. These descriptions aren't the true Ti and Te types. We can begin to understand true Ti and Te not by looking at MBTI's incorrect definition of E/I of dealing with the 'social sphere,' but as the correct Internal (I) vs External (E) orientations we see in reformed MBTI, Jungian Typology, and even socionics.

Now if Non_xsense wants to paint my perspective of Ti and Te as 'romanticized,' that is his opinion. I paint my perspective as solid in distinction and much more meaningful in understanding useful cognitive differences between the Te-Fi types and Ti-Fe types, aimed on the T pole. However, what I'm not saying is that my description is excellent or perfect, but it's not pseudo-psychological nonsense or garbage with little benefit in understanding or categorizing humans' deeper natures.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
The reason for it (Turi's and Non_xsense's words) not working, is not just because its a superficial and nonbeneficial way to understand people which it is, if they ever wanted to go deeper and more useful into understanding peoples' differences they could, but more importantly, if you wanted to implement these wacky descriptions, they would have to be factually accurate. They aren't. About 90-95% of Intuitive types in real life, according to these definitions, value both Ti and Fi in cognitive polarity (a common phenomenon and complaint I don't believe they've truly researched or been honest about.) This is because Intuitives value their own way of looking at life, ethics, facts, values, not oriented to a consensus etc. These descriptions aren't the true Ti and Te types. We can begin to understand true Ti and Te not by looking at MBTI's incorrect definition of E/I of dealing with the 'social sphere,' but as the correct Internal (I) vs External (E) orientations we see in newer MBTI theories and Jungian Typology, and even socionics.

Now if Non_xsense wants to paint my perspective of Ti and Te as 'romanticized,' that is his opinion. I paint my perspective as solid in distinction and much more meaningful in understanding useful cognitive differences between the Te-Fi types and Ti-Fe types, aimed on the T pole. However, what I'm not saying is that my description is excellent or perfect, but it's not pseudo-psychological nonsense or garbage with no benefit in understanding or categorizing humans' deeper natures.

I get and agree with the orientation bit, I'm just saying the two perspectives/explanations aren't mutually exclusive and that consensus certainly - at some point in time - is a common goal of every human. It could be a major life-changing decision, or deciding where to go out for dinner, but decisions will be made within a group on occasion.

As for your example of intuitives going their own way, Ne doms are some of the most indecisive folks around. Half will prefer the decision making of their aux Ji, and half will prefer the decision making of their tert Je (input from the group). Neither will do one 100% of the time.

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
Both Ne and Ni by definition are open, indecisive, speculative. Relying on others for Judgement doesn't have anything to do with the Judgement function. There's too much emphasis you're putting on this idea of "consensual Judgement" which is a mostly nonexistent characteristic of cognitive Thinking and Feeling. Honestly, I'm not too into discussing the shallow perspective of their definitions. It's also okay if some don't go with my description, they should research around, but if they want a deeper understanding of humans they should definitely ignore Turi's/Non_xsense's description and find something useful.