• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AM I ENFP OR INFJ????

Warddisco

Guys!
I am a Dutch guy and I'm 19 years old. And for the last couple of years I've been learning about the mbti. Every time I take the test on multiple sites the outcome is ENFP. I can relate to it very much but when I recently read the discription of the INFJ type I was very confused because I think I can relate even more to that than to the ENFP.
Let's give you some background information:

• my parents are divorces and though it's sometimes very hard to not begin a discussion with a stepfather or stepmother, I have always managed to keep the peace. But when something or some situations affects my loved ones like my mother father or brother, I will always do what's needed and say what I really think deep in my hart, whatever the consequences are.
  • I am very creative. I have a optimistic solution for everything and I always want to help. I played the drums for 10 years, I like drawing but I'm not very good at it, I like producing music on a software for music production, and my biggest passion is cars. But, I'm also very practical. For example once I noticed that my father had some of his old but very good speakers stored in the garage, they were just catching dust. My new room was just build (only the walls and there was nothing but concrete) but there were switch plugs, so I went to the mall and get some new speaker cable. I was about 10 years and didnt know anything about how I was going to do it, but in the end of the day, with no eating, I had installed and fine tuned the speakers and receivers to perfection, and made the homework I still had to do in my new, unfinished room, with my favorite music. I was very proud and satisfied. (cool fact: that homework was the most important essay of the year and I had to study till 4 am because I had to deliver it the next morning)
  • COOL FACT: when I was like 6 years old I was in lower school and my class had an assignment: drawing our best house on a piece of paper. I never liked to do what every other person was doing exactly the same, and when I was bored I always started drawing houses or cars, so I took one of that drawings I already had and started to order and clean the closet, because the tray in which the pencils, glue and papers were stored, was one big mess. In the end of the day, when every kid had their papers with drawings hanging on the line, every parent came to take a look on their kids drawings and my father asked where mine was. I showed my copy book to him with all the drawings from when I was bored and took him afterwards to the closet which was really clean and ordened now, against all the rules. I think I liked the appreciation but above all I really wanted to make a difference and thought the closet was more important and worth my time.
  • I talk easy to people but I don't like the standard conversations like 'hey how are you doing?' 'I'm good and you?' I really get frustrated or really bored then. But when people like teachers or managers are very rigorous or factual, it's very hard for me to keep a normal conversation because I can't 'read them'. I want the real conversations, also with girls, but most girls on this age think that is a form of being insecure I think. Girls are very hard for me because when I act just how I am, it seems boring or childish for them I think. I also get anxious some times when it's going further or more intimate. It makes no sense to me. I have some girls that I see often when I go out at a club, and sometimes I take them on a short tour with my car, with nice music on and then when laugh and have deep conversations where they can give their personal problems and I think they like it. I think it will turn out fine. I'm sure you will never have a normal or boring time with me. I am shy or insecure to people sometimes but I think that's because they are people of whom I think of having a judgment on me. I don't like that.
  • also when it's finally weekend, and I worked all week. I text all my friend to ask them to go out with me and with each other. I can get really excited about the weekend even if it's only Tuesday for example. Because of that all my friends are now each other's friend, because of me 😂. I always want to do something, even if it's going to the club till 3 am and I have to work the next day. But sometimes they can't go out or have to do 'their homework'. I have also homework but I do it Sunday evening or something, almost at the deadline. Why can't you do that? Is what I say then. I can get really really disappointed when there is a situation like that, so sometimes I go out by myself, hoping to see someone I know in the club. When I'm with friends (I have like 4 really good friends and many people I know there's no in between), we laugh at every sentence and I can be very lively and loud then. But when I come home form work, most of the time I go to my room and start listening music or play some game. I need isolation now and then, to think about what I will do with my life and that it has to be something meaningful and things like that. Because in half an hour I have to eat and then I will go to fitness with my friend! 🏆
I can't keep up to any schedule or deadline and I'm always exactly on time, or 1 to 5 minutes late. Every single time. Only at things like job interviews I'm on time. Lol
Can you guys help me out if this is infj or enfp?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you take the test on the home page? Post the URL of your results here .

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
P/Js are often mistyped, because P and J don't get at the gist of the functions.

(ENFP)s sharply catch onto things they interpret happening in situations, reading into 'what's really going on' under the surface or nearby, without having to put much thought into it.
- Ne is situational instinct; it is the Intuition of external events, a radar or imaginative vision towards situations (see full link below.)
- Fi is really about getting to know something more deeply; it's a sweeping undercurrent of sentiment rippling inward to reflection, a private floor of passion and love where externals often don't fit.
- Te means that in day-to-day activities, you have a logical flow which can be impersonal and task-focused. Since your first instinct is to adhere your actions to a logical program of systematic behavior, even though you're cordial, you tend to miss the richer opportunities to relate emotionally with people.
- Te is worded this way due to being the Logic of Environment Immersion, vs Ti, the Logic of Lone Reflection. While (ENFP)s can fit this objective personality, (INFJ)s are not like Te at all; their hearts are on their sleeves and they naturally stop to see how they feel and relate with people and their environment.
- If you're into YouTube, I think the gamer Pewdiepie is very strong on the Fi-Te axis.

Everyone uses all the functions.

(INFJ) is NiFe. (ENFJ) is Fe, then Ni.
- Ni is the 'armchair' contemplator of deeper implications about philosophy and life. "Perception" is seeing things as they are, and so Ni is about exploring the essence or meaning of reality; it's the Intuition that ignores the outside situation, it's the Intuition of internal reflection (see full link below.)
- Fe is like a sharp crisp vision of how you feel about everything around you, more candid, vibey and relatable than Fi, embracing your feelings and relations to your environment. Don't mistake Fe as 'embracing people, expressions, or manners.' Fe is the function of Feeling about externals, it embraces its feelings and vibes towards externals.
- Ti is the attitude of deriving a nice map of reality and its various structures, an understanding of the world and its structures. (ENFP)s usually view themselves as too open-minded to view reality as set clear structures or mental maps, but (INFJ)s hold a map of reality self-evident with clear paradigms.
- If you're into YouTube, I think the gamer DreadedCone is very strong on the Fe-Ti axis. He will show you what Fe and Ti is all about.

ENFP, INFJ and ENFJ access all 8 functions. It's also best to read this information, this link and the ones in my signature. Keep posting. Try to see beyond mainstream descriptions for relatability, try to understand the cognitive essence of each type: The introverted mentality (Ni Fi) is for alone reflection, and the extroverted mentality (Ne Fe) is about immersing with the environment.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm thinking ENFP. You're writing style seems more Ne to me personally.

ENFPs can often see themselves as introverted. A lot of this has to do with dominant Ne, which can be utilized when completely alone. Ne is focused on the outside world, but it doesn't necessarily need people. Ne is focused on making outer world connections and exploring the possibilities of the world. I personally find that I get into an Ne flow state when I'm researching something alone and/or quietly observing the world around me without necessarily interacting with it. Even though these actions may seem solitary, I'm drawing information in primarily from the outside world, thus it's an extraverted perceivinhg function. Unlike Se, Ne doesn't have as much reliance on the senses which can also make it seem less attached to the external world.

A difference between Ne and Ni is often what the insight they draw will be about Ne is intuition regarding possibilities in the present moment. If asks a lot of "What if?" questions. On the other hand, Ni offers insight as to future implications, more like "What will happen if?" or "What is the likely outcome?" This is a hard distinction to explain, and it kind of makes Ni sound like fortune telling (which it isn't though some fortune tellers could very well use Ni).

To my understanding, Ne is also a quicker process than Ni.

You also mention possibly coming off as childish. To my understanding, this is a common frustration of ENFPs or at least a way they show up. We tend to have a bright, whimsical, optimistic, youthful and exciting vibe towards others. This can come across as childlike idealism and enthusiasm, especially in younger ENFPs. However, we know and acknowledge that there is so much more depth to us. It can be a source of frustration when people don't see that and tend to underestimate us or not take us seriously as a result.

With the Fi/Fe distinction, it's useful to look at the motivations behind your decisions. ENFPs use Fi, so they make their best decisions when considering "What is important/authentic/valuable/worthwhile to me?" And "What do I believe is the correct way?" On the other hand, INFJs have Fe as a strength, which means their best decisions will come based on what is good for the group or other people.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm thinking ENFP. You're writing style seems more Ne to me personally. ENFPs can often see themselves as introverted. A lot of this has to do with dominant Ne, which can be utilized when completely alone. Ne is focused on the outside world, but it doesn't necessarily need people. Ne is focused on making outer world connections and exploring the possibilities of the world. I personally find that I get into an Ne flow state when I'm researching something alone and/or quietly observing the world around me without necessarily interacting with it. Even though these actions may seem solitary, I'm drawing information in primarily from the outside world, thus it's an extraverted perceivinhg function. Unlike Se, Ne doesn't have as much reliance on the senses which can also make it seem less attached to the external world. A difference between Ne and Ni is often what the insight they draw will be about Ne is intuition regarding possibilities in the present moment. If asks a lot of "What if?" questions. On the other hand, Ni offers insight as to future implications, more like "What will happen if?" or "What is the likely outcome?" This is a hard distinction to explain, and it kind of makes Ni sound like fortune telling (which it isn't though some fortune tellers could very well use Ni). To my understanding, Ne is also a quicker process than Ni. You also mention possibly coming off as childish. To my understanding, this is a common frustration of ENFPs or at least a way they show up. We tend to have a bright, whimsical, optimistic, youthful and exciting vibe towards others. This can come across as childlike idealism and enthusiasm, especially in younger ENFPs. However, we know and acknowledge that there is so much more depth to us. It can be a source of frustration when people don't see that and tend to underestimate us or not take us seriously as a result. With the Fi/Fe distinction, it's useful to look at the motivations behind your decisions. ENFPs use Fi, so they make their best decisions when considering "What is important/authentic/valuable/worthwhile to me?" And "What do I believe is the correct way?" On the other hand, INFJs have Fe as a strength, which means their best decisions will come based on what is good for the group or other people.

That Fi description can sometimes lead people to think it's a self centred thing. From myself and other ENFPs I've chatted with, it seems like that value is more applied while inhabiting the system rather than being "what do I want and value?". Often it can be more like "if I were that person what would I want and value?", or the somewhat stranger "if I were that electron, what would I want and value?", lol. It's true that the values may be personal rather than socially held norms, but that's probably expected when your other functions make you a cynic who is wired into the external world and questions everything in it. :)

I agree with ENFP, btw.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That Fi description can sometimes lead people to think it's a self centred thing. From myself and other ENFPs I've chatted with, it seems like that value is more applied while inhabiting the system rather than being "what do I want and value?". Often it can be more like "if I were that person what would I want and value?", or the somewhat stranger "if I were that electron, what would I want and value?", lol. It's true that the values may be personal rather than socially held norms, but that's probably expected when your other functions make you a cynic who is wired into the external world and questions everything in it. :) I agree with ENFP, btw.
This is a good point.