• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just what I got from the title of the thread... I take things very literally.

OMG ME TOO...IT'S LIKE WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON! :cheese:

Unique

You know what I can't stand as an ESTP

Sugar coating things... and I'm not talking about my breakfast... I mean when people lie and change around the truth to make it sound better than it actually is

While I have nothing against lies, some people just abuse the "sugar coating" of everything, just tell it how it is for once!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Orientation of Artisans

Hedonistic

WARNING : Today's lesson carries with it the distinct possibility of the appearance of photos of skimpily-dressed women. If you find those offensive, you might want to skip this post.

Here's some background music for ya:

And some more:

And one more:

"It was Aristotle who detected the underlying hedonism in Plato's Artisans. Hedonism is the ethical philosophy that defines the 'good' as what is pleasurable, especially to the senses. Of course, all of us want to have pleasure, some of the time anyway, but not with the insistence of the Artisans. Idealists (NFs) would take pleasure in what they do, but if pleasure interferes with their altruistic goals, then pleasure must be forsaken. As for Guardians (SJs), pleasure must wait upon a stoical acceptance of their duty, and duty need not be pleasurable at all. And for the Rationals (NTs), if what is done is not pragmatic, that is, does not lead efficiently toward their goal, then it is simply not done, no matter how much fun it might be."

"Artisans, on the other hand, do things for the fun of it; to them, a life without pleasure is not worth living, and the hedonist's motto of 'eat, drink, and be merry' are words to live by. To wait, to save, to store, to prepare, to sacrifice for tomorrow -- that is not the Artisan way. To these Dionysians, today must be enjoyed, for tomorrow might not come."

I just found out today that you can RENT a college cheerleader.

I'll see y'all after the semester's over. :devil:

Sure. I'm gonna need you to remove your clothes first, so I can take some measurements. :cool:

Ooh, don't tease me with ideas about my potential rule. I hereby declare today BIKINI DAY!!! :party2:

Oh come on. EVERY weather is sex weather. :banana:

But..but...it's so fun to dip things!

Give pizza now. :woot:

Make sure you make a video of it and include hot chicks.

n16733585_32587867_8582.jpg

1957088.jpg

n16703669_33948785_2002.jpg

mmmm...legs...

Less talk, more babes.

For the people who said my last crop were brainless...

n16727133_32408795_7563.jpg

These are businesswomen. See? They have ties.

Apology accepted.

I do. Especially when she wears that tight sweater. :wubbie:

I'd just like to say that "sexywrestlingbabes.net" is among the greatest domain names ever. :yes:

I don't know what that means, but I want you to do it to me. :blush:

Someone starts a topic with "girls" and "beach" in the title, I am required by law to post in it. That's just how it is, babe. :yes:

I am the one you should listen to if you DON'T know what's good for you.

I think you should give the last place team cash.

In fact, screw the team, just give ME cash.

If it was a book on something I was really interested in I would definitely put it 2nd.

As for frat party vs PTA meeting, well the only thing that would appeal to me about either would be the women, so...

young hotties vs MILFs....that's a dilemma that has confounded man for centuries.

Yo. Have fun and be merry! :party2:

There's only one way to settle it.

A BOOB-OFF!

(yeah, I dunno what that actually means either, but it sounds hot, right?) :D

159 posts and no pics? This topic title is blatant false advertising, man.

So, now's when we make out, right? :cheese:

Ladies...ladies, please. Now surely this can be resolved with some good ol fashioned jello wrestling. :yes:

alison-angel.jpg

1738.jpg

StarlaSterling.jpg

Hmmm..maybe golf's not so boring after all...

The descriptions of SPs as "hedonistic" in Keirsey's original "Please Understand Me" were the things that made me immediately dismiss the idea that I could belong to this group. But that was because I took the word and defined it very narrowly and thought of people I knew in high school who had no interest in anything but getting drunk all the time, and I never related to those people. Also, at the time I read "PUM" I was 20 years old and had just recently become a Christian, consumed a lot of writings on Christian life and sin, and many things which used the word "hedonism" as an inherently evil adjective. Hedonists, according to these authors, were those that glorified sin and lack of self-control, and were inherently hostile towards Christian principles. It was only after reading more expanded views and really thinking about and examining my own behavior, that I realized that the basic philosophy fit me very well. Like any other individual, I have my own unique twist on it, with my desires tempered by my strong values about what is right and wrong and where the lines are drawn, no matter how strong the impulse.

No, all SPs aren't walking disasters. Most people aren't very careful in how they define "hedonism" and other words Keirsey used to describe the SP temperament. People automatically think of words like impulsive, risk-taking, hedonistic in their worst possible light, so no wonder they think badly of our temperament.

Better definitions:

Hedonistic: focusing your mind and body on the pleasurable aspects of whatever you encounter instead of dwelling on the negatives. Also, having a strong desire to turn everything in your daily life into an object of beauty, sensual delight, and having the ability to turn challenges into fun and exciting games.

So am I hedonistic? You bet! But only if you define hedonism the way I do.

Luke said I wasn't presenting the STP perspective enough, so you'll find some mixed in this next set of quotes. ;)

Yes, all SPs are reckless hedonists. They spend their days riding motorcycles -- the extraverts in bike gangs, the introverts jumping cars on dirt bikes. At night, they drink whiskey and snort coke, and can usually be found passed out on a friend's couch, unless they're also on a meth binge, in which case they can be found pacing in a friend's living room. They do all this at friends' places because no bar within a fifty mile radius will let them through the door. All SPs are also terrible at paying bills on time, so they avoid going home as much as possible. No one knows exactly where they get the money to party this hard, but many suspect they work odd hours with the local fire department or EMS.

(on a more serious note, I'm thinking about going to the coast this weekend to try to catch the hurricane. :) I think I'm going to miss it by a day, though. :( Maybe it will at least bring some rain so I can go kayaking.)

Sorry to chime in, but at an earlier age I was entirely an irresponsible daredevil drug addict. In my early twenties I would have smoked anything, taken any pill or snorted any substance you would stick in front of me (no needles though, ouchie). I just had to experience everything while I could. The only thing I got hooked on was heroin but I kicked its ass in about a year and a half.

Now, in my mid-30s, all I have is the occasional beer or glass of wine. I look back at those times with fond memories of some stupidly fun times, and I am constantly amazed I survived it. I don't miss those times, but I am glad I had them.

I wouldn't consider myself reckless... though most people would. To other people it seems like I take a lot of risks but I only take them because I know I can make it work. I definitely relate to descriptions about thriving on the rush of risk-taking and pushing my skills to the limit. I see life as a period of time where I can do whatever the hell I want until I die. There's nothing immoral about the pursuit of happiness.

I always have a starbucks special in hand, I drink heavily at times, I smoke delicious cigars, I go on crazy shopping sprees, I like to eat out, I drive fast, I bust out into song and dance when I'm either very bored or very excited, I love to get my hair done, I need loud music on to get chores done, I flirt indiscriminately. The examples go on and on. and on.

I don't do drugs, though. And on the plus side, I like to be outside, run, eat healthy, and drink lots of water to make my body feel good, too...

Next time, we'll talk about Optimism!! :cheese:

(meanwhile, anybody who wants to chime in with more stories on this subject, feel free!)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
That was a fun lesson. I wish school had been that much fun!

Yeah, me too! I read one article online that said that despite the fact that 30-35 percent of school students are Artisans, less than 5 percent of the teachers usually are. It made so much sense to me when I read that, because it seems like there's so much potential for making school more fun, but the people in charge aren't the ones who know how to make it fun. ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Optimistic

click here for the music for this lesson:

"Artisans are the supreme optimists. The past is water under the bridge, so forget it. The distant future is a long way off, so don't waste time planning for it. But the next moment? Here the SPs shine with a natural confidence that things are going to turn their way. SPs feel lucky: the next roll of the dice, the next move, shot or ploy will be a lucky one, never mind that the last few have failed. What comes next is bound to be a break, a windfall, some smile from Lady Luck. And once on a roll or a hot streak, SPs believe their luck will hold, and they will push it to the limit."

My apartment is boiling, the AC unit froze up. They're sending someone to fix it, but I must go somehwere cooler for a while.

I wish I hadn't waken up so early this morning! I'm going out, pray that I don't pass out while driving. Or if I do, then I wake up getting mouth-to-mouth from a hot babe. :yes:

Good to know life is awesome. It is for me too. :)

I mean, I'm broke, but that's nothing new. It's still awesome.

:laugh: Nah, life goes on, man. Tomorrow I'm gonna have fun at the Renaissance Festival with my family, and Monday I get to taunt my co-worker for being too chicken to bet on Oklahoma when he had the chance. This game sucked, but life is good.

I think there will always be a little bit of kid in me =)

Oh but they ARE that simple.

Just leave the situation, move on, next.

It's all perception, to you it seems complex and to me the path is clear.

One example was when I had to drive a moving truck back from Michigan to New York to get my SO out here. I hate driving trucks, with a passion, they're just too big for me. Add to that the fact that half of the trip was in the middle of an ice storm, and the fact that I was alone since she was driving her car out seperately, and it made for a pretty shitty experience.

The thing that got me through it was actually two fold; I knew it had to be done, and I knew it would be over at some point at which we'd be moved in together and finally happy.

Looking back now, the trip was a blur, but I got through it, and sure enough, there was a rainbow at the other end of it. That's pretty much been my philosophy my entire life. Suck it up, get through it, cause things are going to be a lot better on the other side. If they aren't, then suck it up and get through that too. I tend to think there are more good times in life than there are bad, it just seems that most people only ever pay attention to the bad stuff without focusing on the good.

Realist/optimist.

Whatever happens happens.
I don't feel lucky or unlucky. Just accepting or nonaccepting of situations. I figure if I accept and handle every situation to the best of my ability then there is nothing to fear.
I can't predict the future.

I proclaim myself as an optimist. Why? Even though I got a low score in a quiz because of my being a procrastinator(to beautifully put:living in the moment), I always tell myself that there's still going to be another quiz that I can possibly get a high score on and that will pull my grades up.

I guess the kind of optimism I use is the optimism of ... zooming out. Like if you zoom out, or approach from another direction a tragic situation can have a humorous/wry bent- or a ridiculous situation has a heavy underpinning. We choose the view that suits our purpose, but a little perspective can help us navigate way better. That is the approach I try to take (but it is not so simple in reality).

I have a pretty optimistic approach to life; I do what I desire, mostly don't think too much at it, because it's gonna be great anyway! Yeah, future can be bad, but there's no point in expecting it to be so. And I also live with a deep conviction that if I am really set for something, I will achieve it. Until now, it has worked well.

The general feeling of being able to adapt to any situation, so believing things will turn out alright, that's optimism to me. It may be partially due to skill, but it may be also due to something else that's more chance, and luck seems a pretty common way to describe that other thing.

"Along with their optimism, Artisans have an incorrigible belief that they lead a charmed life, which makes them easily the the most devil-may-care of all the types. And which can get them into trouble. SPs are more subject to accidents and downturns than other temperaments, injuring themselves through inattention to possible sources of setback, defeat, or loss. SPs often live a life of violent ups and downs, winning a fortune one day and gambling it away the next, trusting the fickle goddess Fortune as she spins her wheel."

I think the reason why we sometimes might feel lucky is because we are lucky.

Now I don't actually believe in luck, but there is being aware of and more open to opportunities in the immediate environment, and we are very good at that. So we feel "lucky" and the luckier we feel the more open and aware we become of further opportunities.

I saw this show on TV and they were showing how people who think of themselves as "lucky" are more likely to see money lying in a gutter than other people. They are just more open to seeing positive things and of course that is a reinforcing cycle...

I just know that even when I *know* that I'm choosing the dumb way to do things, just because I'd rather do things my own way. Even if I was about to do it the "established" way before someone ORDERS me to do it that way... I automatically start planning to do the opposite.

I guess it's sort of a destructive tendency. You just got to play the odds, I suppose. Play it safe when the stakes are too high and go for broke when you can. It's hard to tell which is which when you're up close and personal though.

The only advice I have to give, having overcome such fears early in life myself, is "JUST GO FOR IT!" :D

To hell with what anyone thinks, really. If you believe yourself to be a capable person of good intent then why not just be yourself and see what happens?

Trrryyyyyy iiiiiiit! Yooooou'll liiiiike iiiiit! ;)

My worst drunk ever was when I was about 19.

I attended the Xmas part of the company I was working for, and indulged in the open bar.

My girlfriend of 3.5 years at the time was with me. She got toasted too.

....I go to the bar and get a few more Long Island Iced Teas and kick back with my girlfriend at a table, finish our drinks, dance a few tunes, and then start on our way home. Should have taken a cab, thank God no one got hurt or arrested.

We get back to my parent's house, go to my room, get busy. Then we try to go to sleep. Bed spins! GF ends up in bathroom, I end up passing out. Next morning is very painful, worst hangover EVER. I drive my GF home, then go back to my house to sleep off the pain. At 4:00 PM my Dad storms into my room and tells me to get my ass out of bed and study for my Chemistry final exam which was known to be the next morning. I am forced to make coffee, eat Tylenol, and sit at the table with my book open "studying."

Barely passed the test, barely passed the class, headache lasted all of Sunday. Not a good move on many counts, but I lived to tell about it! :D

In my early twenties I would have smoked anything, taken any pill or snorted any substance you would stick in front of me (no needles though, ouchie). I just had to experience everything while I could. The only thing I got hooked on was heroin but I kicked its ass in about a year and a half.

Everything will turn out alright. It always does. And that's why I never learn. So the rollercoaster ride continues, loopy-doopy-doop, but I can't stay mad at myself. I'm too swell a guy. :D

Yeah, so I got my car back but now I'm broke again.

If anyone wants to give me some money, send me a PM and I'll give you my mailing address. :blush:

As you can see, I used more quotes from other people this time around. I'm thinking I will continue to do this, as it presents a little more variety in the presentation, even though my posts are always the best. :D

Next time, we'll talk about the balance to optimism...cynicism! Stay tuned.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Oh, man. I have to exhale. I didn't even read this whole thing, but thanks for posting it! I especially enjoyed the hot ladiez. ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, man. I have to exhale. I didn't even read this whole thing, but thanks for posting it! I especially enjoyed the hot ladiez. ;)

You're welcome. Yeah, that is the best part. :D

I've been...totally hard at work....on making my next entry in this thread...yeah, that's the ticket...hard at work....ok, well, I haven't forgotten about it anyway. I may have some more reasonably soon. Good thing I have no deadline! Ahahahahahahaahhahaha....haha...ehhhhh....yeah. :blush:

But meanwhile, I'm giving you time to read the stuff you didn't read. ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cynical

Today's music:

More music...

"We all have times when things don't turn out well, when we lose, take a hit, are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Each type has its own way of coping with such negative outcomes, of explaining them or rationalizing them. SJs for example, tend to take a stoical view, often believing that difficulties, when they come, are inevitable, fated, that nothing could have been done to avoid them, perhaps even that they are will of some deity. SPs, on the other hand, look upon mishaps in a cynical manner, which means that they don't see life as having some larger pattern to it. Artisans view life as chancy, risky, a leap in the dark, a crap-shoot -- and they would have it no other way. When luck smiles upon them they ride the streak, and when their luck turns sour they simply shrug their shoulders, sloughing off adversity with an attitude of "that's life," "that's the breaks," or "that's the way the ball bounces."

I'm not really angered by anything, things are the way they are. Sure I see stupidity every day by I get nothing but a mild amusement out of it

Actually when people blow up I find it hard not to laugh at them and last time someone blew up at me I was literally laughing (she was going to make more effort to do something JUST to make me have to make more effort, in other words it was simply neurotic)

"Had your emotional hit for today?"
"Nice. Had your drama now?"

Actual lines I use.

There are so so many things that need to be educated into peoples thick skulls but it's not my job to do it, if they want to be a narrow minded twit I'm not going to get angry for them, they just aren't worth it.

But to answer your question, I will verbalize if I think the person is the kind that will respect what I have to say but if they are the kind that is "my way or the highway" I don't even bother with them

In simple terms there are plenty of things/people out there that I don't like but most of it isn't worth getting shitty about cause it wont result to anything

"Artisans can be cynical about human motives as well. They harbor no illusions about people being noble or saintly -- "come off it" says the SP, no matter how virtuous we think ourselves, we all have feet of clay, we are all ultimately corruptible and self-serving. With their cynical take on people's intentions, Artisans know to look a gift horse in the mouth and to check on their wallet when someone is trying to give them something. And a great source of chagrin for SPs is to be naive and fall for a trick, to be taken, duped, to be a sap or a sucker."

I don't think there is such thing as a good person. There are good and bad actions, but people are people.

This is totally speculative and pointless. When it actually comes down to that scenario IRL, where you're freezing your ass off, probably hypothermic and therefore cloudy mind, and your rescue is loud, right over your head, blowing snow everywhere -- when it actually comes down to it, who can accurately predict what they would do? There are so many unknown variables, details, that only the most self-righteous would actually say "Oh, I would certainly cut the rope, out of my moral obligation to the others," or "Oh, I would certainly stay on the rope, out of my moral obligation to myself." When it actually comes down to it, until you're actually there, you don't know.

There's a HUGE gulf between what you think you would do and what you may actually end up doing. Intention is not evidence.

My cynicism tends to really come out whenever the subject is politics:

Pffft, no. Most republicans have no interest in reducing federal power, they just want to use federal power for their pet projects instead of the dems' pet projects.

Oh boo hoo. Amazingly enough, you're not the first one to tell me something like that. Good thing I don't care whether you consider my views outdated or not! :)

And I've already decried our screwed up economic system, and it was like that long before Bush, sorry to say. We started selling out to foreign investors a long time ago, and Bush's metaphorical middle fingers don't really have all that much effect when the whole thing is broken.

Hey, that's fine, as long as you don't try to pretend that's any more substantive than "I'd like to live in Obama's pants."

I couldn't stand Clinton. He only stood for two things.

1) Himself

2) Hooraaaay Abortion!

He did make some great speeches, though. Full of hope and good will and promises of greatness. If I just let myself out of reality for several minutes and slipped into the dreamworld of his speeches, I could kinda get with him. That's the closest I ever got to taking drugs.

And I question everything. Especially from the media.

I'm independent, but I won't decide the presidential election, because McCain will win Texas regardless of who I vote for.

Also, Chet Edwards will likely be re-elected to Congress without my vote, because he's extremely good at fooling people into thinking he's a conservative.

I would say probably being pro-life is my top issue, not that I think much will be done on that issue, just that I find it hard to support anyone who doesn't support the most basic of rights. Beyond that, the main issue to me is the bloated unmanageable federal government being reigned in from its current status as the big Santa Claus in the sky who crashes his sled more often than actually delivering the presents.

Don't like the Santa, because unlike the REAL Santa, he doesn't make his toys with elfin magic, he steals money from the people to fund his malfunctioning assembly line.

Here, I'll save you all the trouble:

McCain: Country, honor, I was a POW, country, my friends, country, POW, country, friends, POW, honor, POW, country, POW.

Senator Obama, your bebuttal?

Obama: Change, hope, change, hope, believe, hope, change, believe, hope, change, change, hope, believe, change, hope, hope, change.

*applause*

Also, you left off "There's a hell of a lot of stupid people in America" from your poll.

Join us next time as we talk about THE HERE AND NOW. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ATTENTION MODERATOR-TYPE PERSONS:

If I promise to actually add some more to this topic, can I get a sticky so this can be a readily available education source to the SP-ignorant? :cheese:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Amazing seeing pictures of these types of women....with their clothes on...kinda makes me feel like watching only the beginning parts of pornos.

Still fun. Keep up the good work Jeffster

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D
Oh! I loved this whole thread!
Seeing the quotes along with the actual information really helped me understand.
Thank you! You're a big help!

B

brainheart

This thread is great! I can see why Wolfy said I remind him of Sarah... It's kind of ridiculous, really.

Yeah, it's funny because when I read Please Understand Me, I really felt caught between the artisan and the... uh... what's the NF temperament called again? Idealist? My ESFP husband is a full-blown artisan, it's so blatantly obvious, while I... no. I think Keirsey's descriptions are better-suited for the Se dominants than the introverted types, in my experience, anyway. We Fi- dominants, anyway, aren't so... absolute.

B

brainheart

Wow... those women look... nothing like me. My hedonism is far more subtle. Far more.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey Jeffster!
I missed ya!
:hug:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Keirsey's descriptions are better-suited for the Se dominants than the introverted types, in my experience, anyway. We Fi- dominants, anyway, aren't so... absolute.

Yeah, this is a subject I have discussed many times. The thing is, with any of the temperaments, the extroverts are the ones that are out there representin', so to speak, and thus when you give examples of behavior to illustrate the concepts, they are going to describe the E types better just by default. But later in the chapter, as I'll go into, he talks about the essential elements that kinda make up the Artisan, and the impulses are the same, whether I or E, they just aren't as "in your face" in the same way, so it's harder to come up with noticeable examples, though there are some.

Wow... those women look... nothing like me. My hedonism is far more subtle. Far more.

The women were included as examples of the pleasures of my own hedonism, not as representatives of SP women, though probably at least some of them are SPs. ;)

Hey Jeffster!
I missed ya!
:hug:

I know! :cool:

Next time, aim better. :newwink:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
A Keep up the good work Jeffster

:D
Oh! I loved this whole thread!
Seeing the quotes along with the actual information really helped me understand.
Thank you! You're a big help!

This thread is great!

I really enjoyed this thread I hope you do restart it.

Thanks guys! I am a busy -errrrr- lazy -errrrr- busy man, but I will try to put some more up in the not too distant future! :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Place is Here, The Time is Now

Here's

some

music.

"Artisans do not care to take tickets at the gate, or sit in the bleachers, or referee the game. They must be in the game, at the very center of things where the action is. Just as their time is now, their place is here, and so they can be said to live in the "here-and-now." Their time and space are inseparable, and it is this unity of time and space that makes their precision of motion in the arts, especially the athletic arts, understandable. While others attempt their motions they are all too often concerned about what is going on elsewhere, or at some other time. The Artisans' only concern is what is happening here at this very moment, and this makes them the masters of timing and graceful movement."

"Far more than the rest of us, Artisans live and act in the present. After all, they tell us, "tomorrow never comes" and yesterday is "water over the dam." To an SP, there's no time like the present, so we'd better make the most of it, better seize the day, strike while the iron is hot, or get while the getting's good."

The way I think is you can't change the past, it's done so why live there? and the future is unwritten, your best laid plans could easily backfire by the unpredictability of life. So living in the moment feels right, I can change and control what I'm doing right now with predictable results. If you are always looking at tomorrow then you'll never notice how great today is.

as they say, life is a journey... forget the destination so you can pay attention to what youre doing now, youll often find you end up in the right place anyways

the idea that people can control their future to a great degree is a little foolish. principle of approach is what matters because we simply dont know what will happen. unfortunately, most people do not seem interested in refining their principles.

From the moment the single cell that we formed from began to divide, our time on this Earth began to expire. Regardless of your perspective on spirituality, whether there is an afterlife or nothing at all, this life is guaranteed. It is happening RIGHT NOW. Don't waste it. We have each day but once. LIVE each day to the FULLEST. This is not a dress rehearsal, this is the show, the main event.

...The past is gone. The present is yours to forge into your future.

"Others may grouse and groan about their errors, or worry that the next shot might fail, but less so the Artisans. They do not mourn their losses as their concrete cousins the Guardians do; they do not dissect and redesign their mistakes as their utilitarian cousins the Rationals do; nor do they live in anticipation of mistakes as their abstract opposites the Idealists do. What SPs do is keep their eye on the ball and so are able, more than the others, to hit it at precisely the right instant. Oblivious to the past and the future, they can concentrate all their powers on a clear and present opportunity. And so more often than not they win."

Anyway, there's things my body can do pretty well. Like keep blood pumping (brain stem). I can't do much to control that. I'm programmed to coordinate my hands with the eyes, too. I can control that. However, I there's a limitation to being conscious. If I focus on the wrong stuff, I screw up.

So I want to catch a ball. If I focus on my desire to catch the ball, that won't help me catch the ball. Why? Because I'm consciousness. I can't catch balls - but my good friend the body can. So I pay attention to the body. This is a little unsettling because I'm putting my trust in something that isn't me. My body isn't me.(actually, no, it isn't that unsettling, but with a different example it might be).

My body is good at catching balls though. Part learned, but natural. So I just let it. How? By focusing on the sensation without trying to make it do anything. That's good advice. Body = the machine = good at catching balls. Consciousness = I = never caught a ball.

Making schedules (or to-do lists) just ends up depressing me, because I end up not getting most of what I planned done, so it becomes something to get stressed out about or beat myself up over. I have been much happier since I stopped trying to do that. People were always telling me to do it, and I did because I thought the problem was that I just wasn't trying hard enough to be disciplined. But I learned that some people, including me, function much better when we can go with the flow, and actually can accomplish a lot more when we don't try to stick to strict schedules that stress us out and make things too pressured.

Well, I was gonna wait until I had some more examples for this section, but I'm too impatient, so I'm just gonna post it now, and if I think of more to add later to this part, I'll just add it on as "additional notes" or something.

Oh no he didn't just quote his own post from earlier in this same damn topic. OH YES HE DID.

HELL YEAH LUKE!

I'm a GREAT planner. I plan to have a good time and my plan usually works out PERFECTLY. :cool:

As usual...just movin and groovin until I pass out. Seems like it will be pretty soon, today was pretty exhausting, and tomorrow will be too. :cool:

"However, there's a price to pay for living so intently in the moment. Since SP Artisans do not reflect very much on their errors or analyze their mistakes to a great extent, it is difficult for them to learn from their errors, and so they can become caught in a loop, repeating their mistakes."

I'm always running out of money, and I have a better-paying job than I've ever had, so I'm a terrible role model when it comes to saving or being wise when it comes to money

My rent check bounced. :violin:

Oh well, I'm now in that honeymoon before the storm period before the apartment office sends me a nasty note telling me I've got to go get a money order and give it to them fast or they'll toss me out on the street.

So, PARTY IN JEFFSTER'S BLOG!! :party2:

You'd think I would be able to keep from burning my tongue by now. But no, burnt tongue I have now, courtesy of the soup.

Thank you, Cim. I will remember that.

Until the next time I forget it. :blush:

The sad thing is with me, often if something is out of sight, it's out of mind, so I lose things and then don't even remember that I lost them, until something will remind me of it, and i don't even know where to start looking!

NO. YOU MAY NOT WAIT THAT LONG. SEE IT NOW AT THE THEATER. THAT IS AN ORDER. NOODLE NOODLE NER.

One of my friends called me the most genuine guy she's ever met, actually. When I was younger, I might have "faked" but I really don't these days. What you see/hear is what you get with me, pretty much without fail. :)

I've never taken very good care of my cars. All of my cars have had problems that could have been prevented with a little bit of actual care taken of them. Several times I have ended up in situations where my car wouldn't start and have had to rely on others to help me out of a jam that I could have prevented in the first place. You would think after several of these situations that I would learn my lesson and start taking better care of my car, thus avoiding unpleasant emergencies. Well, you would think wrong. I am LOOP-MAN! The superhero who can take you to movies and buy you lots of fast food kids meal toys but who can't change his oil or clean his apartment or ever get caught up at work or even get the rent paid sometimes. All I need is a cape. :blush:

On the positive side, Morgan finally got to pitch for his baseball team for the first time tonight. He pitched one inning, gave up only one 1 run, walked 3 and struck out 3, including the final out of the game. He was extremely fired up and happy that he got to pitch and probably forgot that he struck out twice batting. I told him his patience and good attitude paid off. The coach gave him a chance, and now he'll probly get another chance. It's awesome when he can see the fruits of doing the right things. Just like me,. he's somebody who needs to see the results to truly believe in the action.

Of course, sometimes I can see the results and still repeat the same mistakes like a moron. So once, again, folks, you see there are two sides to the coin of being a Toys-R-Us kid who never grows up. When we finally got home tonight, we ordered pizza and watched Transformers (The Return of Optimus Prime - good episode from Season 3) and I let him stay up way past his bedtime. He called his Grandma and told her the news about getting to pitch and I arranged a backup ride in case I need it tomorrow morning.

Everything will turn out alright. It always does. And that's why I never learn. So the rollercoaster ride continues, loopy-doopy-doop, but I can't stay mad at myself. I'm too swell a guy. :D

I'm beginning to think I'm too stupid for this forum.

Join us next time when we talk about artistry! :cool:

(as always, questions/comments/further examples of today's lesson are welcomed.)