• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament

KDude

You sound precisely like a Performer, just like my brother who also is one. I think you've got your type figured out for sure.

cool man.

hey what books do you read/recommend? the web is actually sort of limited.

i guess it's just hard to fully embrace my type if i'm supposed to be some bubbly blonde or obnoxious cretin with a "low IQ". my IQ isn't the highest, but isn't very low either. and i'm not blonde.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tend to test as an ENTP, but I don't particularly identify with them... I identify more with the STPs... I have strong self taught Ne and strong natural Se :newwink:

So, when you typed yourself as ENTP you were just going by tests? And when you actually evaluated yourself you felt ESTP fit better?

furthermore, I'm going to eat your avatar :drool:

Heh. This inspires me to think of things I could change my avatar to that would make that post very funny. :devil:

Seriously, it's so strange to think that anyone could be different than oneself, but just proof of that can prove to be very inspirational indeed. ROCK ON, LIGHTYEAR! :rock:

Thanks for all your contributions here, Stellar. Good stuff. :nice:

*waits for more Jeffster knowledge* :D

You don't have to wait, Sister. Just search my posts and let the knowledge flow. :cool:

Is it a Fe thing? And can someone explain to me why that's ESFP's job? Like ENFPs, ESFPs don't have Fe as a primary function. Yet ENFPs don't get rep of being excitable, so why would ESFP?

I think you only get confusion when you try to match functions to behavior. Functions can be useful to sort of "fill in the gaps" of personality types, but when you try to base everything on them, it tends to fall flat.

And every ENFP I've known is excitable..or rather, to be more accurate, enthuse-able. ;)

i guess it's just hard to fully embrace my type if i'm supposed to be some bubbly blonde or obnoxious cretin with a "low IQ". my IQ isn't the highest, but isn't very low either. and i'm not blonde.

Well, whoever told you that you're supposed to be that is a moron. So feel free to embrace yourself!

I KNOW I EMBRACE MYSELF A LOT.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Please Understand Me II and Brains and Careers (currently out of print but soon to be back on the shelves).

Basically this site: Keirsey Temperament Website Watch out though, I'm a Keirsey cultist. :newwink: Just only cuz he's that amazing, though.

KDude

not that i'm anti-mbti or anything, but i'm not sure i'll embrace a type for awhile. that's why i asked stellar about books. could use more info..

actually, i wouldn't mind reading something that delved into the negative aspects of all the types (like enneagram books do).

[edit] thx stellar

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
So, when you typed yourself as ENTP you were just going by tests? And when you actually evaluated yourself you felt ESTP fit better?
Boy, how those tests can screw you up. :yes:

Heh. This inspires me to think of things I could change my avatar to that would make that post very funny. :devil:
hah, I've done similar things before. Nice.

Thanks for all your contributions here, Stellar. Good stuff. :nice:
Anytime. I might have to raise my rates just a little next time, though. :newwink:

And every ENFP I've known is excitable..or rather, to be more accurate, enthuse-able. ;)
:yes:

I KNOW I EMBRACE MYSELF A LOT.
:rofl1:

KDude

you know what guys, i'm afraid i'm not a sensor. i'm in my 30's, and perhaps a little "balanced" (some of you are probably too), but i realize now that i can suffer from overload in the sensory respect. it takes effort to keep track of the details around me. eventually shit will just start crashing down in certain "sensory oriented" tasks and jobs that a sensor would probably better handle. enough that i just quit. it feels more like a nervewracking juggling act than some natural "flow" for me.

and i'm not being hard on myself. just honest. maybe it's just been hard to tell because i try hard to live in a sensory oriented world..

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
you know what guys, i'm afraid i'm not a sensor. i'm in my 30's, and perhaps a little "balanced" (some of you are probably too), but i realize now that i can suffer from overload in the sensory respect. it takes effort to keep track of the details around me. eventually shit will just start crashing down in certain "sensory oriented" tasks and jobs that a sensor would probably better handle. enough that i just quit. it feels more like a nervewracking juggling act than some natural "flow" for me.

and i'm not being hard on myself. just honest. maybe it's just been hard to tell because i try hard to live in a sensory oriented world..
What are you talking about, exactly? How do things come crashing down? Are there significant problems or even crises happening in your life? That can definitely contribute to that.

Do you live in abstract world instead? Does your mind often escape into its own realm?

It just seemed to me that you came off very much as an Artisan SP. I have to tell you that we all have issues sometimes, I used to think I was an N because I could be very imaginative and dreamy and often had a hard time staying focused on externals. It's very much like an SP to be unsteady and flip back and forth between things, which you are doing now.

Also, Keirsey isn't MBTI. That may help? Because MBTI sucks. Why don't you join the Keirsey message board? It's amazing fun and we keep getting new people all the time: Keirsey Forums. His next book is an exposition on the negative aspects of the types called Dark Escape, and we already discuss some of the concepts in it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

tests and other people's opinions... then I decided they were all bullshit and read up more on the functions and such... ESTP is a better fit! :cheese:

a more comfortable fit as well... it's like changing from work clothes into jeans and a tank top :wubbie:

I somehow was paranoid that you'd do that as soon as I posted that thought :doh:

I KNOW HOW YOU OPERATE JEFFSTER!!!!! :thelook:

:laugh: