• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Self-Image of Artisans

Self-Esteem in Artistry

"Artisan self-esteem is greatest when they see themselves and are seen by others as artistic in expediting and improvising productions. Most Artisans enjoy presenting themselves as graceful in action, their sense of pride stemming from their ability to act fluidly, beautifully, and with effortless freedom."

Since I was a kid, tv show ideas have been one of the things I've come up with the most. I created my own entire fictional network when I was in 6th grade, with an entire program schedule with all the show titles, synopses, characters and the actors who played them. I would use magazines like TV Guide to make it as realistic as possible with the mix of comedies, dramas, variety shows, and the way the descriptions were written, right down to those little symbols that TV Guide used for closed-captioned, and in stereo and all that stuff. :D

I want to learn the drums too. I've always had a good sense of rhythm. Drums or harmonica. I've always thought it was awesome just how much different sounds you can get out of such a simple seeming instrument as a harmonica.

You got me. My real name is Paco De Sancho Villa, and I travel the world as a sniper-for-hire and bullfighter. :sombrero:

I like writing poetry a lot more than reading it.

I love song lyrics though, just usually not as much when they are detached from the song itself, but some lyrics are great even by themselves.

"Artisans will expend whatever effort is required to adorn an activity, styling and restyling their performance, pushing their artistry to its limits, failing again and again until fluency is reached."

A lot of my artistry I think comes out in my sense of humor, my ability to spontaneously come up with things to say or do that make people laugh or at least smile, and can break up the tension or the hurt or the drama by interjecting something that I weave together instantly in my mind and then say it or do it, and see how it goes over. It's exciting just to try to amuse people, even if it fails, I'm compelled to try again, and do better next time, this might be what Keirsey meant by "perfecting my craft." While some might work to perfect paintings or clothing or decorations or a musical composition, my craft tends to be improvisational actions, verbal or otherwise - to amuse, to cheer up, to excite, to entice, to draw attention to myself, yes, but also to other things, sharing things, sharing humor, music, stuff I think is funny or cool or beautiful or exciting or mind-tingling in some way.

Larry: You know, I have always been jealous of women for being able to carry all that stuff in one place.
Gina: I find your purse envy kinda hot. You wanna dance?
Larry: Hey wait I didnt start this conver-..ah, never mind, sure, let's dance.
Paul: I am also a fan of dancing
Mike: At my high school dances, we used to do this thing called the Mustard.
*poof*
Gina: Hey, where did Mike go?
Larry: He was moved over to condiments.
Paul: Did you say condoms?

*poof*

Dear Brendan,

Thank you for your recent comments.

We'd like to take this opportunity to point out that Sprint still sucks worse than us.

Love,

AT&T

P.S. Our logo is cool too, so ner!

Eh, now that you're here, try the finger sandwiches. You can really taste the finger.

That's cool. I liked seeing everybody's results. And I took it again and this time did the "intelligences" one too. :)

95353.png

Thanks for bumping this thread, it was hilarious to read.

Here, I'll sum it up:

Poster A: I totally found the way to tell between S and N, S's do this, and N's do that.

Poster B: Wow, that's totally true. I know like two other people that do/don't do those same things.

Poster C: I know plenty of S's who do that and N's who do this.

Poster D: No way, the real way to tell is that all S's are such and such and all N's are so and so.

Poster E: That's so true! My ESFJ mom is totally such and such and I'm INTP and completely so and so!

Poster F: I'm an N and much more so and so and my dad is an S and completely such and such, so I don't think this is right.

Poster G: Actually, according to Espereanagua's theory of abstract recognizance, intuitive dissonance has been petrified by regurgitated personification. This faulty non-correlation has been debunked by Professor W. Q. Whatshisface in the Journal of Really Important Theoretical Crap, published in 1978 by Harpers'.

Poster H: OMG like my mom is ISTJ and she does that all the time! You are so right.

And there ya go. :laugh:

Just sticky any thread that I create.

Issue solved. You're welcome. :cheese:

McDonald's and Motel 6.

For the second date, you can just flip the order of those.

Fantabulosuperawesometastilicious :cool:

MAYBE HE IS NOT YET ASSIMILATED.

HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ALL OUR HOPE AND CHANGE ARE BELONG TO OBAMA.

OBAMABOTS - SURROUND!!!!

He's saying you're nuts. But not in that "I'm a mad scientist, making a robot out of peanut butter jars to take over the world" kind of way, but more in the "I'm a fairy and I'm going to ride the magic purple dragon to the magic candy castle" kind of way.

Depends on so many factors. Are we at work? Is her dad outside the door? What about the cops? Does she have her shot records? Insurance? Is the place on fire? How late to work am I? Is it a movie theater? Am I going over 80 on the freeway? Does she have weird looking boobs? Did I feel a burning sensation last time? Is that a birthmark or something communicable? Does she have electrodes on her tongue? Damn, have I seen this episode of Futurama before? It doesn't look familiar. Damn, baby, do you need a lawnmower for that or what? I'm gonna need a map and compass. Wait, can I see some ID?

So, my girlfriend keeps leaving nasty notes on my door, they say things like "Stay off my property" or "Stop rummaging through my garbage" or "If I see you using those binoculars again, I'm gonna call the cops." I'm thinking maybe we just aren't connecting on a spiritual level or something. What gift should I get her? Lingerie? Or a coupon for 20% off a breast enlargement?

Yeah, now that you mention it, I was just thinking "this forum sure does resemble a box with words both inside it and outside it."

Dear Edahn,

Find the lowest prices on George W. Bush at amazon.com

Buy trailers online at UncleJerrysTrailersUSA.com

Find friends at ohmygodimsolonely.com

Find great deals on vegetarian at beetsnotmeats.com

Sincerely,

Google

Oh, you're so full of crap, Jack Flak. Left-handed ENTJ prostitutes NEVER use the word "Negro."

Yeah...dude, I totally relate. I mean, my jokes are even FUNNIER than I think they are!

No, I especially relate to the part about being in danger of poaching. I'm always having to watch my back since the poachers are everywhere. I don't even eat poached eggs, just to be safe.

Join us next time, when we dare to talk about AUDACITY! :cool:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For a bit of input from an STP type Artisan here (you covered the artistic aspect of SFPs wonderfully there Jeffster!) :)

I suck at art... totally... unless we're talking about fingerpainting, which is awesome! :yes: I test very high on kinesthetic intelligence- if I can use my body to do something I learn best- learning through motion (that's how I memorize telephone numbers). I've always felt most alive while hiking, climbing rocks or just DOING something... that feel in your muscles of movement, exertion and exhaustion is body tinglingly wonderful :wubbie: I'm also a perfectionist at cooking and have been known to throw a fit when a pizza I made dropped on the way into the oven :boohoo:

I definitley agree on using a sense of humor to diffuse situations though- or kill the seriousness when people are being boringly serious. There's a time and a place for things like penis jokes, and that time and place is whenever people are taking themselves way too seriously arguing something pointless and boring :yes: It's also a good approach to make people who have the power to screw you over laugh- like police officers who pull you over for speeding- humor is a wonderful weapon and should be used early and often! :cheese:

sorry for interjecting in your thread... :blush:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I suck at art... totally... unless we're talking about fingerpainting, which is awesome! :yes: I test very high on kinesthetic intelligence- if I can use my body to do something I learn best- learning through motion (that's how I memorize telephone numbers). I've always felt most alive while hiking, climbing rocks or just DOING something... that feel in your muscles of movement, exertion and exhaustion is body tinglingly wonderful :wubbie: I'm also a perfectionist at cooking and have been known to throw a fit when a pizza I made dropped on the way into the oven :boohoo:

In the broad definition of art we're using here, cooking definitely qualifies. Rock-climbing as well. Fine arts are only one limited portion of artistic action.

I'm curious, though, you said before you believed you were ENTP and your identifying yourself as ESTP for the forum was an experiment of sorts. Are you conducting more research or do you feel you really relate to the Artisan temperament more so than the Rational? If so, what changed your mind?

I definitley agree on using a sense of humor to diffuse situations though- or kill the seriousness when people are being boringly serious. There's a time and a place for things like penis jokes, and that time and place is whenever people are taking themselves way too seriously arguing something pointless and boring :yes: It's also a good approach to make people who have the power to screw you over laugh- like police officers who pull you over for speeding- humor is a wonderful weapon and should be used early and often! :cheese:

Totally. The people I have the hardest time getting along with are the ones who don't seem to have a sense of humor. I can adapt to almost anything else, but without that, it's tough for me to know how to communicate with someone.

sorry for interjecting in your thread... :blush:

No apology necessary. I welcome interjections as long as they are on topic. In fact, I like it a lot better if I get some feedback rather than wondering if the whole classroom fell asleep. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm curious, though, you said before you believed you were ENTP and your identifying yourself as ESTP for the forum was an experiment of sorts. Are you conducting more research or do you feel you really relate to the Artisan temperament more so than the Rational? If so, what changed your mind?

I tend to test as an ENTP, but I don't particularly identify with them... I identify more with the STPs... I have strong self taught Ne and strong natural Se :newwink:

and I like the broader definition of art :)

furthermore, I'm going to eat your avatar :drool:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I tend to test as an ENTP, but I don't particularly identify with them... I identify more with the STPs... I have strong self taught Ne and strong natural Se :newwink:

and I like the broader definition of art :)

furthermore, I'm going to eat your avatar :drool:

Dudette, I used to test as an N, too. I think it just may have been my ENTJ dad's influence, though.

And, ohmygawdIwantthatshakerightnow. :drool: :wubbie:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah, I blame 6 years studying Social Sciences in the university for that in a way :laugh:

and it's terrible, every time I see his avvy I start to picture how it would taste and start salivating... I'm worse than pavlov's dogs :cry:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Optimistic

I'm the huge optimist to my SJ girlfriend's pessimism. It never comes out so clearly as there. This is also what contributes to me not learning from my mistakes. :doh: I've never been able to shake the feeling that things will turn out okay in the end, ever. It's caused others to be highly disconcerted by me. Try as I might to encapsulate the thought that I might fail so that I can become more responsible, it never comes. The concept of certain doom is foreign to me. There's always a way out, and I usually find one. My girl says I'm an excellent troubleshooter. :D

Cynical

She also tends to hang on my words or believe me when I say I'll go to her place at a certain time, which is simply inconceivable to me. I never believe anyone until they actually do what they say they'll do, but she has trouble just throwing away the issue of trust. To me, times are completely relative, because no one knows what's going to happen in the future or how it's going to go down. I explain this to her to no avail. She still needs to feel like she can trust me.

I have a HUGE distrust of the government. I don't trust any politician past his campaign funding. I'm seriously planning on buying up some firearms just in case. Obama's speeches had absolutely no effect on me because they were made of nothing more than cotton candy fluff. I hate both parties, which no one expects when I'm bashing one or the other because they immediately demonize me as the opposite. I don't think it's appropriate in any way, shape or form for humans to be ruling over each other. This can only lead to degradation and social disease and the eventual breakdown of society. The forefathers of our great US of A understood this which is why they held the rights of the citizens as crystalized in the constitution above all else, with government officials as nothing more than stalwart caretakers of it. And even then they said we need a revolution like every twenty years or something. :rock: :woot: :yay:

The Place Is Here, The Time Is Now

Try as I might, my brain will NOT think of the past or the future. Sure, I have an alternate stream of thoughts running through my brain like anyone else when I'm bored, but when it's time for action, my face is lit up and I'm in the moment. This makes me a great negotiator because I care not for any other obligations other than that of the current moment I'm in. This is a great attitude to have in retail. No matter what project you're involved in, if a customer comes up to you, you better be prepared to drop everything and attend to their needs right away. It keeps 'em coming back. ;) I'm constantly shocked at the gall of those who are rude to customers by copping an attitude as if they are superior and the whole reason they even make rent isn't because of these people asking pesky questions.

Of course, it was often extremely difficult for me to remember what I was doing beforehand, since I made such a full-on change in focus... :laugh:

I absolutely suck at forms. I have no problem immersing myself in detail, at least artistic detail. In fact I have a hard time pulling myself out of it. But when it comes to all those tricky little numbers and letters that don't mean anything apart from the concrete machinery that they refer to (I'm in truck dispatching), and you've never had experience with those types of things, mistakes are bound to occur. I usually have to physically SEE what's being referred to in order to understand or even remember it because I have little to no imagination. I can do the same thing over and over and over again and the ten thousandth time my brain changes it up on me just for kicks. And then I have trouble remembering what I did or didn't do. I'm taking gingko biloba to solve that little problem.

But when it came time to on-the-spot dispatching, juggling a thousand details all at once, constantly going going going, my VERY first time I earned a huge "NICE," from my normally inexpressive boss as he left for the day.

It made me feel like the shit after all that constant ragging, I tell ya what. :happy:

The Self-Image of Artisans

I have to clean my room now, so I'll just quote something I said elsewhere:

Yes, exactly. This touches on the heart of who I am and is the strongest evidence for me being an Artisan. While I think my development was kinda screwed up, there's nothing truer about me than what you just wrote. I excel in grace and style, and when I don't, it's devastating for me. It's the number one thing that will cause me to crumble in an instant.

Now, I think I see what you're getting at. I'm not sure how beauty works for Guardians, though I suspect it has something to do with conforming to what others consider beautiful? But an Artisan must be beautiful in a creative and non-conformist way. Like, for many of us, this would be considered beautiful:

3216056902_6db931aa18.jpg

It doesn't have to be that unconventional necessarily, but we hate seeing even two of the same thing. An artist is an individual, thus that's what we respect.

As for performance: a smooth flow of speech, hilarious jokes, slick dance moves, excellent timing, even the way one weaves in and out of a crowd or through a room and in and out of doors can be considered artistic.

The first is sometimes difficult for me when I don't know what I'm talking about, but if I'm well-acquainted with the subject, mostly personal experiences, I can be very rapid (speed works just as well if your speech is not particularly creative in nature). As for jokes, I often play off of what has already been said and tie the current statement spoken back in, which tends to get the biggest laughs (probably because it seems so delightful that everything came back full circle). I'm such a good dancer that I was videotaped by girls I had just met and subsequently asked to come party with them out of state. I keep working on timing, because I think I'm still a bit lazy due to the depression I recently had, but as long as I follow my instinct in jumping the gun then it always seems to work well. Sometimes I think of what to say in a conversation before it ever happens, and when it does, it plays off well. The latter I've become very good at. Every once in awhile I do something clutsy, but I've always been an expert at weaving in and out of crowds. I've been able to leave the front of the stage in a tightly packed show to get a drink and somehow end up right back where I started. Also, I'm pretty much a pro at catching things. One time I bumped into a picture frame on the wall but caught it with my body before it landed on the floor. My Crafter roommate said, "Nice catch."

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
yeah, I blame 6 years studying Social Sciences in the university for that in a way :laugh:

and it's terrible, every time I see his avvy I start to picture how it would taste and start salivating... I'm worse than pavlov's dogs :cry:
Dude, me TOO! ohmygawd. As much as I'm in the moment, pictures of food immediately make me feel as if I'm tasting them, just the same as with pictures of hot babes. :newwink:

Which reminds me:

Hedonistic

I find it nearly impossible to resist sensory pleasure. Plop a huge steaming rotisserie chicken in front of my face, and you have me, no matter the price. Candy, triple-meat burgers, artistic posters, pipe smoke, orgasmic-sounding music, luscious lips, these all captivate me and make life worth living. I am eternally indebted to my Creator for enabling me to enjoy such pleasant pursuits. :happy: :rock: :bananallama:

Lightyear

Stellar Renegade, your posts are so very interesting to me since I DO NOT FUNCTION LIKE YOU AT ALL. Catching something? Haha, maybe in my face! Just living in the moment? Nope, I am far too busy thinking (and worrying) about the future. Being unable to resist temptation? Not at all, I have no problems keeping my senses under control, what makes you excited might make me yawn.

Reading your posts is like taking a peek into a different universe. Fascinating.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
So you're saying you're lightyears apart from me, lightyear? :newwink:

Most interesting. So there ARE people who are different than me. What a revelation! :huh: :rofl1:

Seriously, it's so strange to think that anyone could be different than oneself, but just proof of that can prove to be very inspirational indeed. ROCK ON, LIGHTYEAR! :rock:

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
You are a total trip to the back of beyond!! LOL And I want to go along for the ride!! (I'll bring the tequila!!):newwink::hi:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*waits for more Jeffster knowledge* :D

KDude

It's funny.. I think ESFPs get the rep as "party animals", but it's you ESTPs who seem more giddy, effusive, talktative.. almost like ENTP but more down to earth. I mean look at the posting styles of Stellar, Halla, or whatever. You guys are always pretty excitable.

Is it a Fe thing? And can someone explain to me why that's ESFP's job? Like ENFPs, ESFPs don't have Fe as a primary function. Yet ENFPs don't get rep of being excitable, so why would ESFP? And I know I'm no introvert trying to compensate for my lack of bubbliness here btw :D I'm kind of embarassed on how I can prove this. I've got a rep to uphold y'know. :rolleyes: ;)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Psh, I'm not always this giddy and talkative, just 99% of the time is all. :newwink: :rofl1:

No, but seriously. I think there are infinite variations within each type, else how would there be 6 billion unique people on the planet at the same time? :huh:

Tell us about yourself. How do you feel you fit the type? What's your demeanor in everyday conversations?

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
Hellz yeahhhhhh, lady! Are you latino perchance? I :heart: latinas! :happy2:

I'll be sure to bring the Long Island Iced Teas. :rock: :bananallama:

No,just a bored,ole married lady who is very restless and not had the chance for much fun for what seems like forever!! Extreme ennui. You just make me smile and you live in one of the places I'd love to live or even visit one day!! As I said very restless!! (Better make it a triple!!) lol:devil::newwink::devil:

KDude

Psh, I'm not always this giddy and talkative, just 99% of the time is all. :newwink: :rofl1:

No, but seriously. I think there are infinite variations within each type, else how would there be 6 billion unique people on the planet at the same time? :huh:

Tell us about yourself. How do you feel you fit the type? What's your demeanor in everyday conversations?

I'm fairly upbeat around people (even on the days I'm a bit down in the inside.. i have an urge to be more open/honest with people i don't know too well, but it's really not cool, so i don't). I'm open enough to talk to strangers or compliment people i just met. I'm kind of flirtatious at parties, not too loud or initiating, but pretty bold in a quietly, whispering seductive way once i detect a greenlight. My friend says I can be somewhat overbearing in conversation..i don't really see it. or at least, I don't really mean to be. I just might see a lot of interesting points and want to touch on them. And if I don't, I know how to be quiet, but inquisitive. if i'm carrying on, and someone interjects, i really like giving them the "floor" not concluding my own points right away. "no, no.. you go ahead". that sort of thing. i think my friend just doesn't interject much, so how am i supposed to know?

hmm... what else. i'm rarely "instructive" or "corrective" or pushy in my speech.. i rarely say "you should do that", "you have to try this". everything's more about brainstorming with me. "you could do this..or that.. or <insert completely pointless joke or exagerrated point here>". in this sense, i think i might be enfp. :confused:

not sure where this fits in.. i was just watching discovery's "Life" series with some friends, and i noticed i kept anthropomorphizing all the animals. like if a treefrog escaped from a snake, i'd act out what he was saying (or maybe it was a she). "Later bitches!!" it was a little funnier than that though.

also, i got one of them to take a test at similar minds. he was confused on one question.. "i value compassion over competence". he didn't understand, so i asked him if he was more like Oprah, if some employee came in late and gave a sob story.. or if he'd rather be like Donald Trump "You're fired!" needless to say, he was more Donald Trump and scored ESTJ

i mention this last bit because jeffster said sensors use more similes, and intuitives use metaphors. i'm not sure how much the above applies, but since it's representative of the way i might explain something, i mention it.

Lightyear

It's funny.. I think ESFPs get the rep as "party animals", but it's you ESTPs who seem more giddy, effusive, talktative.. almost like ENTP but more down to earth. I mean look at the posting styles of Stellar, Halla, or whatever. You guys are always pretty excitable.

I was thinking the same thing. Stellar just needs to add some bold blue font and a few more smileys in his posts and his and Halla's posting style are almost undistinguishable. :D

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm fairly upbeat around people (even on the days I'm a bit down in the inside.. i have an urge to be more open/honest with people i don't know too well, but it's really not cool, so i don't). I'm open enough to talk to strangers or compliment people i just met. I'm kind of flirtatious at parties, not too loud or initiating, but pretty bold in a quietly, whispering seductive way once i detect a greenlight. My friend says I can be somewhat overbearing in conversation..i don't really see it. or at least, I don't really mean to be. I just might see a lot of interesting points and want to touch on them. And if I don't, I know how to be quiet, but inquisitive. if i'm carrying on, and someone interjects, i really like giving them the "floor" not concluding my own points right away. "no, no.. you go ahead". that sort of thing. i think my friend just doesn't interject much, so how am i supposed to know?

hmm... what else. i'm rarely "instructive" or "corrective" or pushy in my speech.. i rarely say "you should do that", "you have to try this". everything's more about brainstorming with me. "you could do this..or that.. or <insert completely pointless joke or exagerrated point here>". in this sense, i think i might be enfp. :confused:
No, all that just makes you sound like what Keirsey calls a "CoWorker," which includes ESFPs, ENFPs, ESFJs, and ENTPs. You like to help people out in a very outgoing, forthcoming type of way.

not sure where this fits in.. i was just watching discovery's "Life" series with some friends, and i noticed i kept anthropomorphizing all the animals. like if a treefrog escaped from a snake, i'd act out what he was saying (or maybe it was a she). "Later bitches!!" it was a little funnier than that though.

also, i got one of them to take a test at similar minds. he was confused on one question.. "i value compassion over competence". he didn't understand, so i asked him if he was more like Oprah, if some employee came in late and gave a sob story.. or if he'd rather be like Donald Trump "You're fired!" needless to say, he was more Donald Trump and scored ESTJ

i mention this last bit because jeffster said sensors use more similes, and intuitives use metaphors. i'm not sure how much the above applies, but since it's representative of the way i might explain something, i mention it.
You've very playful with your similies and jokes, and you do it all in a performing fashion. You sound precisely like a Performer, just like my brother who also is one. I think you've got your type figured out for sure.

I was thinking the same thing. Stellar just needs to add some bold blue font and a few more smileys in his posts and his and Halla's posting style are almost undistinguishable. :D
Hah. We already know we're brothers from other mothers. ;)