• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What sorts of communication or phrasing offend you, as a consequence of your type?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What sorts of communication or phrasing offend you, as a seeming consequence of the mbti type you identify as?

(Or in lieu of "offend": grates, annoys, whatever seems most fitting).

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When someone presents something that is complete bullshit as a fact. It's only when I know they're wrong though. If am unsure I usually just go research later.

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why are you so upset? don't worry ----- which is fair enough . but it ignores the feelings I have in the moment. it feels like blocking my speaking - aaahh that's fine it's all good. And I'm like close to a depression or something

yeah that's it.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People that refuse to support themselves with any kind of supporting evidence - in other words, bullshit artists - similar story to [MENTION=35103]Madboot[/MENTION], I would imagine.

People get so offended and agitated when requested to provide a source, lol.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Speaking in absolutes in serious discussion is a borderline trigger. When I'm joking, I tend to be hyperbolic, but aggravated use of "always" and "never" is upsetting. I try as often as possible to use I-statements (I feel ____, I think ____) because I know how much I appreciate it when others do too. If I had to tie it to my typing, I think it's an e2 hang up over not receiving credit for all the agonizing and labor intensive sacrificing I do for everyone. That was a joke but I seriously hate when my efforts are treated as if they aren't valid or somehow don't count. "You never do so and so" after me literally doing so and so pisses me off. At the very least say "You never do so and so to my standards" or "It seems like you never so and so". That way it isn't a spit in the face.

Talked about it on Discord before, but if your writing is difficult to read aloud, I'm mad. I read through posts on here pretty thoroughly and it stresses me out when I can't understand you. Bad spelling, poor grammar, improper bbcode formatting, it's too much. Just... reread your posts before you send them! I can understand the occasional 'from the phone' typo, but the 'Go Advanced' button is right there. You can press 'Preview Post' before sending it. You could've easily fixed pressed enter twice in between paragraphs. WHY ARE YOU SO BAD AT WORDS? It's probably a symptom of uptight ESTJism.

Speaking of which, I hate hate hate when people mutter. Speak up or stop making noises. Not type related, I just have terrible hearing.

Also people who are weird about eye contact are suspicious. I always look people in the eye, it's pretty rude not to. Same with poor handshakes. That could also be an ESTJ thing but I have a feeling it's a #SouthernValues thing.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As a ESFJ I can get pretty uptight over logic funnily enough which I suspect is my prickly inferior Ti poking through. Like people who make comments that make no logical sense like "The stars are my dead relatives souls" and my Ti is like "NOPE THEY ARE BIG BALLS OF GAS". I also get offended by rudeness and lack of respect for others due to Fe.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What sorts of communication or phrasing offend you, as a seeming consequence of the mbti type you identify as?

(Or in lieu of "offend": grates, annoys, whatever seems most fitting).

There is one subject that has always raised my ire in the typology realm. Truly left me foaming at the mouth. The inference that INFJs are human; I mean could you imagine anyone directing that level of respect to those savages? I mean they have the potential to over come their barbarous natures, but lets evaluate that on a case by case basis.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People who use passive aggression and has a lot of arrogance, people who are unnecessarily rude, gratuitous cursing/usage of unpleasant words.
The last bit is just a personal pet peeve.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are you so upset? don't worry ----- which is fair enough . but it ignores the feelings I have in the moment. it feels like blocking my speaking - aaahh that's fine it's all good. And I'm like close to a depression or something

yeah that's it.

Ugh, I hate that too. I don't think it has anything to do with my being INFJ, but maybe being NF in general. It's so dismissive though.

There is one subject that has always raised my ire in the typology realm. Truly left me foaming at the mouth. The inference that INFJs are human; I mean could you imagine anyone directing that level of respect to those savages? I mean they have the potential to over come their barbarous natures, but lets evaluate that on a case by case basis.

You're not wrong.

Suaimhneas

Similar to some of the above posters, I find it frustrating when someone makes false statements or presents fiction as fact... even more frustrating is when they are asked to further explain or to provide some backing, they become defensive or shut down in response. Spouting off falsities is potentially dangerous and quite simply, annoying. It reminds me of a verse from "Even in The Dark" by Company of Thieves.

"For those who seek no answers
Keep it from the table
Ignorance is eaten up
When everyone must be fed"

I think the biggest one for me, though, is domineering personalities that ignore the input of others or railroad any opposition without consideration.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
For me, one pet peeve is when people give 'corrections' that are actually incorrect. Especially when the thing they think they're correcting was right to begin with. If someone is going to offer a correction in any way, the least they should do is fact-check first. Oh my goodness.
Also, needlessly bossy people frustrate me. Live and let live, yo.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Speaking of which, I hate hate hate when people mutter. Speak up or stop making noises. Not type related, I just have terrible hearing.

Yeah, not type related, but this is frustrating for me as well. Especially when I've told someone I'm hard of hearing and I need them to repeat what they said a little louder - and they continue to mumble.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When someone tries to educate me on how I feel or correct me when I express what is important to me. This is often where I clash with high Ti types, but I'm very positive I get on their nerves too so it's easily forgiven.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dragging out the "everybody knows", "everybody does" phrases in communication meant to influence you. There are many other things that do annoy me, but I wouldn't claim that they're strongly type related.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Dragging out the "everybody knows", "everybody does" phrases in communication meant to influence you. There are many other things that do annoy me, but I wouldn't claim that they're strongly type related.

Not making fun of you but I'm immediately reminded of this comic:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

#manypeoplearesaying

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
As a ESFJ I can get pretty uptight over logic funnily enough which I suspect is my prickly inferior Ti poking through. Like people who make comments that make no logical sense like "The stars are my dead relatives souls" and my Ti is like "NOPE THEY ARE BIG BALLS OF GAS". I also get offended by rudeness and lack of respect for others due to Fe.

So, I already KNOW I'm not going to be able to explain what I mean here but, as you can find frustration in logic as you've shared, it boggles my mind when someone doesn't make..."emotional" sense?? to me. Not that I claim to know how everyone feels and operates, but there is almost always a very clear and universal "logic" behind the emotional palette that we all share as humans, so when I come across someone that...hmm...I guess appears to have thrown everything I know of people into the blender just for shits and giggles it would seem, it kind of just short circuits my brain for a moment.

Ya, I tried, but I feel like I'm still not adequately explaining what I mean here. But it's an internal logic of sorts, that can get "triggered" or stirred within if something is off about another person. Ugh, I can't explain it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People that refuse to support themselves with any kind of supporting evidence - in other words, bullshit artists - similar story to [MENTION=35103]Madboot[/MENTION], I would imagine.

People get so offended and agitated when requested to provide a source, lol.
When someone presents something that is complete bullshit as a fact. It's only when I know they're wrong though. If am unsure I usually just go research later.
These, of course, but that applies more to the content of their remarks, not the phrasing or style. For that I would call out customer service scripts, those paeans of inefficiency and condescension that are littered with empty apologies and superficialities, interspersed with the occasional legitimate question or helpful fact. I do my best to short circuit these, but often must endure the charade in the interests of getting whatever it was I needed to call them for to begin with.

Now if they are calling me, e.g. to fundraise or conduct a survey, all bets are off.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, I already KNOW I'm not going to be able to explain what I mean here but, as you can find frustration in logic as you've shared, it boggles my mind when someone doesn't make..."emotional" sense?? to me. Not that I claim to know how everyone feels and operates, but there is almost always a very clear and universal "logic" behind the emotional palette that we all share as humans, so when I come across someone that...hmm...I guess appears to have thrown everything I know of people into the blender just for shits and giggles it would seem, it kind of just short circuits my brain for a moment.

Ya, I tried, but I feel like I'm still not adequately explaining what I mean here. But it's an internal logic of sorts, that can get "triggered" or stirred within if something is off about another person. Ugh, I can't explain it.

I'll add to this and say that I find psychopaths (as in true learning disability because they can not understand emotions etc) are the most frightening people, especially when their needs have been neglected and they are dangerous. People like Robert Durst frighten the life out of me, trying to get through to someone like that would be impossible and I think it's that which frightens me, the void of emotions, nothing to connect with, nothing to salvage.