• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What RPG class would suits an ENFP at best?

Venoriom

MBTI Type
ESTP
What RPG class would suits an ENFP at best?
Considering the D&d system or anyone you prefer.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ENFP (or any type) can be any class, if you use your imagination and avoid stereotypes. In D&D system, the obvious ones are bard and some forms of cleric.

Venoriom

MBTI Type
ESTP
Well, I do understand your way of thinking, but the way I see ESFP ( the entretainers) are, by definition well... entretainers, so Bards! Not exacly ENFP, but close!
As clerics... seens that ENFP lacks on discipline for that. What do you think?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I do understand your way of thinking, but the way I see ESFP ( the entretainers) are, by definition well... entretainers, so Bards! Not exacly ENFP, but close!
As clerics... seens that ENFP lacks on discipline for that. What do you think?
In my group, the game world has many different religions. Some have clerics who are quite monastic and would need discipline and attention to detail. Others are more hippie/flower child-like, and would emphasize love, compassion, helping others, communing with nature, etc. which a sterotypical ENFP would do well, hence "some forms" of clerics.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't think people are all that likely to gravitate to the jobs they are best suited for consistently... ditto on cor's cleric thought (religion being more influential than the class itself on focus)... i also think wilder would be a pretty good fit (psionic class)... or maybe a medium (from pathfinder), though that is stretching a bit...

Venoriom

MBTI Type
ESTP
I've been reading around and couldn't come to a conclusion.
The most often suggested classes (in a D&d base) and their incompatibilities with the ENFP personality traits were theses ones:

Paladins: ENFP's love inspiring and likes to be in the frontline, but they lack in discipline.
Cleric: also works with the inspiration aspect, but having to serve a deity may be problematic.
Bard: jack of al trades, but for ENFP's the storytelling is not the main reason for adventuring. Definitely a ENFP thing.
Sorcerer: wild magic that comes from inner power and conjured trought charisma, but sorcerers barely become the leaders.
Rangers: versatile but apreciate the isolation of the wildness. ENFP's are enthusiastic comunicators.
Rogues: also versatile and quick thinking, but sneaking, stealthing and outlawing aren't ENFP characteristics.

Stereotypically I’d say bard or rogue. Perhaps swashbuckler. Yet I agree really that the types would gravitate towards classes based on individual passions. I definitely feel ENFPs have no shortage of passion yet it’s source varies from person to person.

This INFP loves the ranger class, but I’m sure others would feel different callings.

Okay /nerd analysis.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From a player point of view, I always gravitated towards playing a Monk, because I didn't have to hassle with all that daily spell memorization, equipment rosters, etc. All I needed were a two fists and two feet of fury at my disposal.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Tourist.

"A Tourist character starts with very weak weapons and armor. It is imperative for a Tourist character to find better weapons and armor as soon as possible. Tourists should use their starting pet to test whether weapons and armor items are cursed prior to wielding or wearing them. (Of course, pet testing is useful for all characters, but it is especially important for Tourists, since other characters start out with better gear, whereas Tourists need to rely heavily on items that they find.)"

Ne/Si

Tourists tend to start with good stats for cavorting with demons, but not everything that comes out of a sink has eyes so they might consider settling for heavy petting. Female Tourists have a 2 to 1 cavorting advantage in the quest, but Tourists lose few abilities from being polymorphed into a demon so this can be overcome.

Self explanatory.

XL 1-2: Rambler
XL 3-5: Sightseer
XL 6-9: Excursionist
XL 10-13: Peregrinator/Peregrinatrix
XL 14-17: Traveler
XL 18-21: Journeyer
XL 22-25: Voyager
XL 26-29: Explorer
XL 30: Adventurer

These are clearly ENFP life rankings.

In the intermediate stages of the game, the best weapon for a Tourist is a unicorn horn. Even though the unicorn horn does slightly less damage per hit than an equivalent dwarvish mattock, the unicorn horn has a better chance to actually hit, since you can advance unicorn horn to skilled, whereas mattocks can only be advanced to basic. Also, dwarvish mattocks are quite heavy and encumber the character a lot, whereas a unicorn horn is something that you will need to have anyway for the healing properties. Typically, a Tourist with a well enchanted unicorn horn should have no problem completing the Quest and Castle levels.

Ideal weapon is a unicorn horn. I rest my case.

Tourist | Wikihack | FANDOM powered by Wikia

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ENFP are known as healers though you can say the same for every F type.