User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I've known people with tertiary Si who were raised by Si-doms who can mimic some of the same traits, but their use of Si is actually more rigid than a Si-dom who has more natural command of it. People with tertiary Si who overuse it can be extra rigid about specific things in the concrete world while oblivious to others. There are extremes in the use of the function instead of a more balanced, flexible, predominant use of it. I think that could be the case with other tertiary functions - that a person can go between extremes with it. I look for inconsistency instead of extremeness to see if it is a weaker function.

Even my own use of Ni might be Ni-dom for some of the extremes, but also may be tertiary because of inconsistency, but I do go between extremes with it where I can enter a completely metaphysical state, but then completely doubt it.

This is mostly experiential and observational from my life, so fwiw $0.02
    bunny omi

Likes Methylene liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post
    I've known people with tertiary Si who were raised by Si-doms who can mimic some of the same traits, but their use of Si is actually more rigid than a Si-dom who has more natural command of it. People with tertiary Si who overuse it can be extra rigid about specific things in the concrete world while oblivious to others. There are extremes in the use of the function instead of a more balanced, flexible, predominant use of it. I think that could be the case with other tertiary functions - that a person can go between extremes with it. I look for inconsistency instead of extremeness to see if it is a weaker function.

Even my own use of Ni might be Ni-dom for some of the extremes, but also may be tertiary because of inconsistency, but I do go between extremes with it where I can enter a completely metaphysical state, but then completely doubt it.

This is mostly experiential and observational from my life, so fwiw $0.02
    Yes.
    I'll add. In INxPs, Si's actually the relieving function. I've observed that they can be extremely melancholic deep down, but in a different way from ISxPs. For example, songs. I've noticed that quite a few of INxPs tend to link memories and sensorial sensations to them (it's something that I personally do very often), while ISxPs prefer something more abstract.
    The difference is that Si acts like a more immature part of the ego. To me, it somehow links Fe thoughts to make them easier to understand for Ti, but I'd be curious to know if it's the same with Te and Fi in INFPs. It's either Ti or Fi which are capable of expressing more articulated thoughts while yes, Si is not as immature as the inferior function, but still goes through extremes.
    I don't think that it's so personal
    Anymore
    I don't think that it's irreversible
    Anymore
    Sometimes I feel like I'm a sentimental trooper.

6w5 - 3w4 - 9w8 so/sp
    RLUEI
    Chaotic neutral.
    LII-Ne.
    Likes Ravenetta liked this post