• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are Narcissists Attracted to INFJs?

rav3n

I don't agree. INFJs are notoriously difficult to get close to.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Are they? I wouldn't have thought so.

I dislike the saintly tone the article paints infjs with, but I have noticed that infjs are somewhat susceptible to certain varieties of narcissists. They are good listeners, empathic, and project a fairly blank canvass for other people. They also are fairly dedicated in relationships and are reluctant to give up on someone they've invested in. They live in the future, and also envision people's potential, so I see how that could provide an hospitable setting for narcissist types.

I might not go so far as to say I've been attracted to narcissists, but I would say that insecure and slightly self centred, albeit competent and intelligent men who have a veneer of confidence and have actively pursued me bamboozled me more than once.

Amberiat

Infinity
I don't think INFJs make easy targets at all but they definitely make worthy targets. They have everything a narcissist desires in their victims so I can see the "attraction", but most of the times INFJs won't be easily tricked by their facade if they can trust their instincts and avoid falling into the empathy trap.

This is only an "average" though, if we look at it case by case, it's not nearly that easy to generalize things.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't agree. INFJs are notoriously difficult to get close to.

Everybody might try reading the article I posted before hastily disagreeing.

punkermit

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
The article is not without merit but what makes INFJs more susceptible to narcissists than INFPs?