• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Disorders affecting type

Enneagram
9w1
Yea, I am super confused on whether I'm INTP or INFJ.It's much easier to think I'm INTP because I'm an aspie who ... well basically literally everything points to being NT. I've already bored myself of repeating everything that every Aspie or SAD person has already claimed to be affected by, but I'm very business-like and logical and don't like to look into people's words too much, but I'm also very emotional and charming when it comes to sharing my inner ideas and love for fun. I think I almost mistake emotions for fun, because I only see reason to emote when there's a passion for something, an interest. Could that be Ne or is it Fe?

Ethics functions in mbti seem way too value oriented, so it really doesn't fit the way I think.
I consider IEI/INFp only in socionics because the Fe isn't as much of a value based function.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Yea, I am super confused on whether I'm INTP or INFJ.It's much easier to think I'm INTP because I'm an aspie who ... well basically literally everything points to being NT. I've already bored myself of repeating everything that every Aspie or SAD person has already claimed to be affected by, but I'm very business-like and logical and don't like to look into people's words too much, but I'm also very emotional and charming when it comes to sharing my inner ideas and love for fun. I think I almost mistake emotions for fun, because I only see reason to emote when there's a passion for something, an interest. Could that be Ne or is it Fe?

Ethics functions in mbti seem way too value oriented, so it really doesn't fit the way I think.
I consider IEI/INFp only in socionics because the Fe isn't as much of a value based function.

Well , it's easy to think ourself in another way than how actually we are.
About Ne and Fe , It's all about what you like to do ... do you like to work with concepts or people?. Of course , there is not extreme and every healthy people have both.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yea, I am super confused on whether I'm INTP or INFJ.It's much easier to think I'm INTP because I'm an aspie who ... well basically literally everything points to being NT. I've already bored myself of repeating everything that every Aspie or SAD person has already claimed to be affected by, but I'm very business-like and logical and don't like to look into people's words too much, but I'm also very emotional and charming when it comes to sharing my inner ideas and love for fun. I think I almost mistake emotions for fun, because I only see reason to emote when there's a passion for something, an interest. Could that be Ne or is it Fe? Ethics functions in mbti seem way too value oriented, so it really doesn't fit the way I think. I consider IEI/INFp only in socionics because the Fe isn't as much of a value based function.
Well, not everyone on the spectrum is an NT. I've met people on the spectrum who are INFP, ISFP, ExFP. and ISTJ.

And we all are along a spectrum of the dichotomies. We all are F and we all are T. This is evidenced by the function stack where we all have either Fe and Ti or Fi and Te represented somewhere. The one you assign to yourself is the one you feel that you use most and are more comfortable with.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have anxiety and sometimes depression. I'm kind of in a funk right now. Outside pressure doesn't help, and I'm letting it get to me. I feel like I'm not "ENFJ enough"; I'm not that loud, but I like to go out a lot. But not all the time; sometimes I like my alone time. Maybe I don't understand this type stuff at all. I really don't, TBH. :unsure:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think mental illness can affect our type, particularly because it may more easily put us in loops or shadow functions, therefore we end up seeing ourselves as using those functions more than we do.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think I act out through my inferior Te when I get stressed out because of ‘my disorders’. I start yelling at people. Its not great.

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Indeed it was tough to type myself .. I have schizoaffective disorder.

Although because of the ENFJ's chameleonic tendencies it probably made it harder.

But once found always kept :) :)

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
I wonder if OCD and anorexia would make a person more likely to type as a J, since they are largely about control.

I think it might interfere with people figuring out their real type. I have OCD and a history with anorexia, and I think it's because of those that I tested as INFJ when I first discovered MBTI. So yeah, on the tests it can make people lean towards J. Then I thought I was an inferior Si user for a while, because some theorists say that inferior Si is related to perfectionism issues. Now I see those issues as being separate from real personality types.

Kanye69

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perhaps having ADHD would make you more likely to be a Perceiver
-Kanye69