• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why Introverts Often Feel Like a Fraud or Impostor [article]

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is one of the few typology blogs I read consistently. Most of them tend to be circle-jerking fluff bullshit written to make INxx types feel like superheroes. Drenth tends to focus more on introverts and intuitives but he at least tries to look at all facets of introversion and intuition, including the less flattering ones.

Why Introverts Often Feel Like a Fraud or Impostor

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There might be a touch of anti-sensor bias in that article.

Suaimhneas

I can somewhat relate to this article, being an introvert. I would probably be the 'less self-assured' type that they describe. I frequently downplay my accomplishments or positive qualities... I move on to the next thing and feel restless with what I have done, because there is always more to do. Perhaps I have insecurities that say I am never good enough? Rarely do I feel I've done enough or am qualified enough. When I do 'settle' I tend to feel some of the anxiety they mention about feeling like an unqualified 'imposter.' I tend to hesitate expressing myself for the fear that it will not be understood or received well by others. I also worry that it will be an incorrect or incomplete expression of myself as an individual... an individual that I am very unsure of at times. The (potential or real) finality of creating an image or assertion that misrepresents myself is a fear for some reason. I suppose it's a mix of perfectionism and the fear that either others won't 'get it' or that it won't be an accurate depiction of what I am trying to convey. Depending on the situation, I guess this could be perceived as an insecurity... apprehension and fear of rejection by others. I also feel sometimes that it has an air of condescension... that others are not worthy of whatever it is I cannot or will not express... or perhaps that they are not able to understand. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?