User Tag List

First 12

phallus impudicus

Yes. INTP 9s tend to be more in touch with Fe, in my experience. I think they would look more like ISFJs in that regard. Or, even a healthy INTP 6 with a 9 fix would probably have a stronger connection to Fe.

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Yes. INTP 9s tend to be more in touch with Fe, in my experience. I think they would look more like ISFJs in that regard. Or, even a healthy INTP 6 with a 9 fix would probably have a stronger connection to Fe.
    Interesting. I do have a really strong 9 and (bizarrely) empathized with and can relate to ISFJs in my life, even if I come from the opposite end of things.

I made a number of gaffs socially when my Ne would go wild when I was much younger, despite being really aware of when I was transgressing. I also was frustrated because I could easily feel Fe society beating on me from all sides while also feeling like I had to conform in order to avoid conflict / maintain the peace. Which is another reason why I internalized / withdrew from society a lot.

I think non-priority functions always need time to develop (and/or develop nuanced use_, but I agree with someone else who said that NTPs who want to master something (seriously master it) usually can learn things. It's just funny, because it's still a utilitarian approach -- "I want to know how to use this," not necessarily to live in it.

I think I still scan as someone who values Fe kinds of interactions in my environment even if I don't present as an Fe-dom. It's like learning another language, I think at this stage I am capable of "thinking" in it. I guess getting back to the question, if you are willing to subject yourself to it and have an interest in it, you can perceive the currents around you. (This is traditionally associated more with Ne perceiving trait, because Ti judging just wants to push back hard against Fe concerns due to the inhibiting influence on impersonal logic conclusions). But I think you have to get beyond Fe as a "shallow" thing, it's part of the good-faith learning process with its own set of nuances -- you have to learn how to respect what it's trying to accomplish and see why it exists, not just view it as some evil monster out to murder rational thought and force people to conform to some pleasant external appearance. It is trying to set up balances and behaviors that build community, allowing for open pathways for risk and growth and communication. It aims for "us" rather than "me," although like any other approach it can be selfishly abused and mistaken.

I actually find Fi concepts harder to integrate because they exist on the same internal plane as my Ti processes and thus to me feel much more in conflict, like two people trying to share the same chair at the same time. I really had trouble learning how to integrate self-vision and internal subjective value about life until my 30's and later.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"
    "You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone." ~ "Six Feet Under"

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I think non-priority functions always need time to develop (and/or develop nuanced use_, but I agree with someone else who said that NTPs who want to master something (seriously master it) usually can learn things. It's just funny,
    I think I still scan as someone who values Fe kinds of interactions in my environment even if I don't present as an Fe-dom. It's like learning another language, I think at this stage I am capable of "thinking" in it. I guess getting back to the question, if you are willing to subject yourself to it and have an interest in it, you can perceive the currents around you. (This is traditionally associated more with Ne perceiving trait, because Ti judging just wants to push back hard against Fe concerns due to the inhibiting influence on impersonal logic conclusions). But I think you have to get beyond Fe as a "shallow" thing, it's part of the good-faith learning process with its own set of nuances -- you have to learn how to respect what it's trying to accomplish and see why it exists, not just view it as some evil monster out to murder rational thought and force people to conform to some pleasant external appearance. It is trying to set up balances and behaviors that build community, allowing for open pathways for risk and growth and communication. It aims for "us" rather than "me," although like any other approach it can be selfishly abused and mistaken.

I actually find Fi concepts harder to integrate because they exist on the same internal plane as my Ti processes and thus to me feel much more in conflict, like two people trying to share the same chair at the same time. I really had trouble learning how to integrate self-vision and internal subjective value about life until my 30's and later.
    This is most interesting. I'm with you on Fi, by the way. I've tried a lot in the past two years to devote conscious attention to interpersonal interactions, and sometimes just try it for the sake of it, even when I'd rather not. I think it pays off at least sometimes. Sometimes, I'll try and meet needs that aren't otherwise being met by the environment, and that helps. although it can be hard to figure out what those needs are, sometimes.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post