• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you analyze your feelings?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I analyze my emotions, in lots of cases I just make them worse.

If I let them go through. I'm okay I suppose.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I analyze my feelings to see justification of them.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quite often. Even before I discovered MBTI I knew I was more in tune with logic than emotion. So I try to take some time every day to think about how I feel about things, to understand myself better, and be more conscious of my emotional state. We are only as strong as our weakest link after all.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes.

I can't function if I don't. I have strong Psychosomatic reactions so I need to be on top of them.
This.

Also, rarely is there not some kind of conflict going on within their activity. I suspect it's that way because on some level I want it to be - they are vetted in combat.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
When I was in love with some girl I analyzed my feelings toward her about 7-9 mouths! I was overriding my emotions again and again, to see justification of them because it was very illogical experience to me. Is that normal for ENTJ? Although my Se is not well developed function and there is state B of mind when I am too much sensitive to outer world (sounds, traffic, sneezing, voices... )

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It'd be pretty irresponsible if I didn't regularly analyze my emotions. I say it time and time again, but emotions are just signals to your body, nothing more and nothing less. Without acknowledging and understanding them, you are negating a vital part of maintenance.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm. I don't really. I've been consumed by my emotions, but I've never really taken time to analyze them. It's something I've had to learn to do in certain situations.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ahahah man , That is so deep actually .
I guess Ti-ne can see alot of interpretations of that , quite interesting.

And one more point to 854 tritype. :D

Also my ID INTP is very active since I am LIE 3 Te :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I analyze my emotions, in lots of cases I just make them worse.

If I let them go through. I'm okay I suppose.
If I analyze my emotions - well, I am not even sure what that would look like, or where to start. I suspect I would just end up going down some endless, incomprehensible rabbit hole, sort of like getting lost in Chinatown.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I spend about half of my waking day analyzing my emotions.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Truthfully I try not to these days, because it tends to get me stuck in circles where I'm looking for something to pin the emotion on.

I tend to feel emotions, not in a vacuum, but far removed from any sensible context and even more removed from any action I could take to alleviate. But that might be a serotonin deficiency. I just feel a certain way and all explanation appears to just be an excuse for it.
I resent my emotions because of this and by extension I think this explains my self-loathing, because I am essentially only attacking myself.

Still I find emotion to be an extremely frustrating, if necessary, part of living. I just wish I didn't have my emotions, with their extremes of low and high constantly interrupting any ease of living.

Running a bit more even, until something that could reasonably said to cause disruption (which I believe is how most other people experience emotion) would be my aim. Instead of randomly being thrown these wild extremes without an apparent cause I or others can identify.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
i spend so much time on my feelings..i dissect my feelings on my feelings.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I analyze my emotions - well, I am not even sure what that would look like, or where to start. I suspect I would just end up going down some endless, incomprehensible rabbit hole, sort of like getting lost in Chinatown.

That can be what it is like sometimes.:(

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My emotions are just like going through fog and trying to find what the fog wants without already knowing, makes the air hard to breathe in I suppose.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I try to figure out why I'm feeling that certain way and if my emotion matches whatever caused it.

yikes on bikes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w2
I don't think I know how to not analyze my emotions, honestly. I struggle allowing myself to feel raw emotions in the moment, so the only way to "feel" them is to compartmentalize in the moment and then later look at them analytically to piece together what triggered that response in me, and how to avoid it in the future. Emotions are useful and part of what make us human, which I get, but they're mostly just inconvenient and cloud my ability to think.

everdream

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think it's typical for INFPs (or any Fi-Te users) to not want to analyze their emotions. Ti-Fe users are far more likely to analyze their emotions simply because:

(1) Fe users don't understand their own emotions as deeply as Fi users do.
(2) Ti makes them look at emotions in a detached way, and is gravitated towards analyzing things in general.

To answer your question - Yes I do. It's not a very comfortable process but it's necessary sometimes.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have gone down that road with a few INTJs and it can feel like an existential crisis with analysis galore. As an outsider, it often feels like going through the twilight zone. Once you reach a conclusion, there's still some more analysis to be had and then another curveball is thrown.... never-ending analysis. Ni-Fi loops are interesting.

As for me, I analyze my emotions all the time to help keep my PTSD at bay... It works well but it can be tiring.