• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] In what ways do you defy your type?

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's hear all the things that makes/made you doubt your type, that defy type descriptions and stereotypes!

I'll start: I never leave things until the last minute, but prefer to get started right away. I also don't make my own memes (I just share them) :D

á´…eparted

passages
For ENFJ:

- I do not enjoy being a home-maker/host in pretty much any context, nor do I like caring for others physical needs (outside of a crisis/bad situation).

- I am very selective with the people I let in and get to know, and have no desire to be friends with everyone or bring everyone together.

- Atheist, and rather anti-theist too.

- I'm a scientist.

- Logic, objectivity, and fact are extremely important to me.

- I am not overflowing with love and affection, and saccharine stuff is revolting.

Those are the main ones I could think of. For the most part when people meet me they seem to assume I am an ExTJ until they get to know me more.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
For a long while there I found myself in an occupation which required me to be an outgoing, wisecracking Mr. Good Guy.

I did it, which is not typical of an INTJ.

I did it extremely poorly, which is Tuesday for an INTJ.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Intp

-Easygoing
-Yoga and meditation
- Good with kids
-Playing Piano/guitar ( jazz and classic )
- I don't like useless Sci-fi ( star wars , star trek ,ect )

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm... let's see.

In terms of being an ESTJ, I am very turned off by monotonous work. In fact, too much repetition in general will irk me. I think I'm rarely too rigid or detail oriented outside of work scenarios. I also do not value security to any significant degree. For the most part, I'm very nontraditional and will need a better reason than "this is how we've always done it" to do it that way. I am not humorless and I can be fairly indecisive at times.

In terms of being a 2w3, I am not as blindly people pleasing as type descriptions push I should be. I'm very much a people pleaser, yes, but only to people who are worth pleasing. I think I'm pretty independent for an e2, though I do think my level of independence is probably more exaggerated than it actually is (and definitely fueled by a strong 8 wing).

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
For ENFJ:

- I do not enjoy being a home-maker/host in pretty much any context, nor do I like caring for others physical needs (outside of a crisis/bad situation).

- I am very selective with the people I let in and get to know, and have no desire to be friends with everyone or bring everyone together.

- Atheist, and rather anti-theist too.

- I'm a scientist.

- Logic, objectivity, and fact are extremely important to me.

- I am not overflowing with love and affection, and saccharine stuff is revolting.

Those are the main ones I could think of. For the most part when people meet me they seem to assume I am an ExTJ until they get to know me more.

Why do you want to be an intp xDDD ?

á´…eparted

passages
Why do you want to be an intp xDDD ?

I am still absolutely an ENFJ at the end of the day, no question there! On the surface though I don't seem like one. A lot of it comes from the fact that I am a 1w2, which adds an unusual flavor to F types (typically).

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENTJ

-I am highly methodical person
-I would not tolerate fools
-I am assertive person, has confidences over roof
-I can be very over-confident about impression of someone
-I think a loud.
-I would done things exactly how I plan to do or none at all - low tolerance on compromises
-Others can see me as easy going and crazy person.
-I can be sometimes slave to others
-I always fear of betrayal, controlling makes thousands pictures in my mind
-I have scientific mind but often can speak like reporter
-I want to be alone yet I am hating be alone
-My predictions often comes true whenever is come to emotional reactions or logic reaction, especially long run.
-I wish others are just like me
-I have high EQ.

Can be subject to bouts of logic.

Can definitely be aggressive if I feel I’m being challenged.

Don’t see the good in everyone. Although I can on occasion be more forgiving than I should be because of understanding someone’s inclinations due to their history.

Can be very judgmental underneath.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually thrive when I have a lot of people in my life, like.. caring about me, as I care for them. I'm very other oriented this way. Big crowds and too much socializing definitely drains me, but I actually like it when I feel like a lot of people pay attention to me or something.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have to consult my Feeling friend about romantic relationships because I don't trust my inf Fi regardless having high EQ :D

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I once told someone I was a "peacemaker" and they laughed.

Edit: Oh this is MBTI...ISFJ is a broad type and that makes it hard to "defy".

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Per ISFP stereotypes:

- I am less athletic and aggressive than most people, but more competitive.
- As an art, I like writing more than visual or kinesthetic stuff, although visual is not too far behind.
- Children I like are extremely rare.
- I dislike surprises and do not crave novelty much.
- I am energized by social gatherings longer than many extraverts will last before needing to recharge.
- I am disposed to workaholism.
- Acting according first to feeling is not a habit of mine. I could actually stand to make feeling more of a factor in my choices.
- I am a verbal processor when something is on my mind.
- "Peaceful" is not a good descriptor for me.
- Consensus is a strong source of information to me.
- I am comfortable in job interviews, and don't feel fake or icky about formal situations in general.
- Nonverbal communication is almost everything to me. I appreciate it a ton and have intentionally developed it more in myself.
- My taste is food is very unrefined, and it's someing I care little about.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure how contrary to type all of this is:

• I am good at public speaking and enjoy it as long as I know the subject well.
  • I am fairly tolerant of emotional reasons in others, as long as they are explicitly stated.
  • I like to keep my options open.
  • I have no problem asking for help or admitting someone else knows more than I do. I can learn from such people.
  • I am fairly polite and try always to be considerate of others.
  • I don't mind hosting gatherings at my house, as long as they are small and the people agreeable to me.
  • I don't play chess much or well.

Digital Lion

I once read somewhere that being an enneagram 8, in its interactions with MBTI, theoretically lowers one's "feeling" and raises one's "thinking" and "sensing." As a particularly ersatz ENFJ, I definitely relate to this. I vibe very "mild" EXTJ/ESTP in my day to day interactions, especially at work.

1.) I have a confrontational, in your face, intense, aggressive bent and I love "conflict (arguing, debating, martial arts)." The emotion I'm most familiar with is anger. Admittedly terrible (lol), but I generally channel it to drive my endeavors, primarily in the form of righteous indignation.

2.) Most of the time, I'm very much the lone wolf doing his own thing, going where he pleases, without people (and their thoughts, wants, desires, etc...) factoring much into what I do or how I feel. I use Fe to get things done and accomplish my goals (via people) but I don't possess a general, all encompassing Messianic love and sentimentality for humanity.

3.) Objective truths, logic and rationality are extremely important to me. One of the reasons why I never resonated with most ENFJ profiles is because there seemed to be an emphasis on weepy, maudlin hyper-emotionality, irrationality and a struggle with logical systems.

4.) I'm more so willing to do what others might see as mean or callous for the sake of the greater good rather than selflessly martyr myself and others in the name of being "nice" for the greater good.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For an ENFJ,
I am fairly socially aloof
Non-religious
Not big on children/marriage
Not big on sentimentality/emotional expression
I value logic over emotional reasoning
Horrible host

In real life, I have been told that I come off as INTX but I relate most to the motivations and processes ascribed to the the ENFJ type.

My 359 tritype is pretty rare for an ENFJ because it seems to be highly correlated with IT types.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Going through some of the horoscope-esque profiles I see posted online, here are ways in which I differ from the standard INFJ:

-I am not particularly idealistic, nor am I a moralist
-"Counseler" and "advocate" are not words I would describe myself with
-I am focused on other people's feelings but not would I call empathic

. . .Actually, these profiles are not that bad. I suppose it's partly because they're so generic.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More subdued, withdrawn, introspective, calculating, and accommodating than your average ENTP or Three.

That's it in a nutshell, and it's thrown me off for years.

Last edited:

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More withdrawn, introspective, calculating, and accommodating than your average ENTP or Three.

That's it in a nutshell, and it's thrown me off for years.

Twinsies!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don’t like anime and i’m a bitch