Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    This is interesting, as I I'm not sure I can say I'm "nice" or "nicer than others", yet I've never actively held so much contempt for others as lots of intps seem to display, but again maybe most of this conclusion derives from interacting with them on the internet.

Defining yourself as an angsty and misanthropic, yet highly intellectual loner just seems like a trope, one which seems too over-saturated with participants for me to find appealing.

I see myself as mostly indifferent towards most people -- They are what they are, yet so far as they don't try to infringe upon my autonomy, I'll keep this in positive regard.
    I would say I have positive opinions as long as they aren't being overly loud when I want quiet.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because of how I got walked on most of my life I am very confrontational about things I believe in, which makes a lot view me as INFP/Fe dom or something rather than ENFP, since the stereotypical ENFP is viewed as someone who loves people and sees everything.

Oh I love to hear new perspectives, but I do care how you present it. There are respectful ways to do everything. And sometimes the blunt truth is far more important than making friends or accepting everything you hear. I do fathom your perspective, though I may strongly disagree.

After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I feel like I'm a lot nicer than a lot of INTPs, or at least the ones I've met on the internet.
    Most of the INTPs I have had the pleasure of meeting are what I would typically categorize as "nice"... just detached. It really reminds of me a time when I was staying with some family friends and the INTP son willingly let me have his room as the guest and one time I had knocked my toothbrush into the trash can and without hesitation, he fished it out for me. Just genuinely nice. I have had more experiences like that with INTPs than the stereotypical online variety.

The one thing that I have noticed is that they seem especially particular about word choice... If I don't pick the perfectly nuanced word, they correct me or give me shit for it. Ha!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by anime_nature View Post
    -I like science. Why isn't a scientist recommended as an ideal career?
    If you want to be a scientist, you shouldn't let your mbti type deter you. My father is probably an INFP, and used to work as a scientist. He especially enjoyed computer programming (and yes, I'm sure that he's not a thinking type). My cousin is probably an INFJ, and worked as a scientist for a few years. My professors have been a bunch of different types, and all good at what they do.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    469 so/sx
    Socionics
    idk?

Quote Originally Posted by ugghh View Post
    If you want to be a scientist, you shouldn't let your mbti type deter you. My father is probably an INFP, and used to work as a scientist. He especially enjoyed computer programming (and yes, I'm sure that he's not a thinking type). My cousin is probably an INFJ, and worked as a scientist for a few years. My professors have been a bunch of different types, and all good at what they do.
    I know. The thing with Fi types is that if we get passionate of something, it's most likely we're never going to drop that passion unless the crippling feeling of being unmotivated really hits them hard. Plus, I don't really take MBTI as something to follow. It's just for fun. Honestly it's like saying you're letting balls of gas dictate the actions to take during the day. Oh wait....
    While you're here reading this, yourself 50 years from now will regret it.
    Stop finding the light in this pitch black tunnel. It's probably heaven, hell, your problems stuffed into a vehicle about to ram you, or nothing but darkness. Try something else, like making your own light. You just need enough of the right resources and everything's clearer.
    Yes, you need rain to make a rainbow. But you also need light, and that's hard to forage when clouds fog the world above.
    Likes ugghh liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ugghh View Post
    I agree, @anime_nature. The careers in those lists should be described as "common", in the sense that many people in the career have that type, rather than "ideal" suggesting that other types will not do well. A person of any type can succeed in any career, though their motivation and methods might be different. That is often a good thing, as it breaks the groupthink of a similar-minded workgroup, and brings divergent perspectives. I had an INFP in my group for a few years who was just as capable as anyone else. There are several FJs that I know of also.

Bottom line: if that is what interests you, don't be discouraged by simplistic type suggestions.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha
    Likes Metis liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Needing a lot of alone time for an extravert.
    Likes Yuurei liked this post

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу PumpkinMayCare's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Actually I feel like I fit the common description of ENFPs quite well. I'm curious, open to new experiences, a tad fightly at times, sensitive, empathetic, list goes on. When I was younger it was even easier to see. There wasn't even one doubt in my mind I couldn't be an ENFP, when I read my test result for the first time. It all seemed to reflect me quite well. There are a few things that make me "defy" my type in a way, though. The older I became, the more disciplined and organised I became and thus less flighty and messy. Nowadays people would call me acontrol-freak, at times. I also seem to be better at details than most other ENFPs, which is most likely due to the fact that it's a weakness I worked on quite hard but overall my Si still needs a lot of improvement.

I wish we were all rose-colored too
    My rose-colored boy

You say, "We gotta look on the bright side"
    I say, "Well, maybe if you wanna go blind"

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

INTP's are supposed to have a fear of failure. Now, I am definately concerned not getting something right and will do my best to really look at things from all angles.

But I have never experienced this as a fear and have never withheld myself with doing what I think I should do. And just going with what I know fearlessly, even if I might not believe I had all the information that I would like to have.

I think I might be 9w8 though. I thought I was for a long time, as I do relate to more aspects of the enneagram 8 than I do 1, but it's kinda blurry so I never really could make up my mind which side I am on. But considering things like this, it seems I am more 9w8 than I am 9w1.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    INTP's are supposed to have a fear of failure. Now, I am definately concerned not getting something right and will do my best to really look at things from all angles.

But I have never experienced this as a fear and have never withheld myself with doing what I think I should do. And just going with what I know fearlessly, even if I might not believe I had all the information that I would like to have.

I think I might be 9w8 though. I thought I was for a long time, as I do relate to more aspects of the enneagram 8 than I do 1, but it's kinda blurry so I never really could make up my mind which side I am on. But considering things like this, it seems I am more 9w8 than I am 9w1.
    INtp fear failure yeah ... stupid failures maybe not but important ... using our economic and social concepts yeah... of course, maybe all types.