-Rilke

"Expect the end of the world. Laugh. Laughter is immeasurable."
    -Wendell Berry

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug
    Likes Avocado liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't like noise, crowds or things about which I am supposed to be enthusiastic

my knowledge of cars and sports is completely nonexistant

I like books and fantasy and spending way too much time online
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett
    Likes Bush, Avocado liked this post

Potential is My Addiction Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

If I’m not in the mood, the excitement and high energy can be a bit much. But, I’m sure I can be that person on occasion too so eh, I put up with it. They’re in a great mood and feeding off a high, I'll let them enjoy it while it lasts
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Avocado liked this post

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I feel like I'm a lot nicer than a lot of INTPs, or at least the ones I've met on the internet.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I feel like I'm a lot nicer than a lot of INTPs, or at least the ones I've met on the internet.
    This is interesting, as I I'm not sure I can say I'm "nice" or "nicer than others", yet I've never actively held so much contempt for others as lots of intps seem to display, but again maybe most of this conclusion derives from interacting with them on the internet.

Defining yourself as an angsty and misanthropic, yet highly intellectual loner just seems like a trope, one which seems too over-saturated with participants for me to find appealing.

I see myself as mostly indifferent towards most people -- They are what they are, yet so far as they don't try to infringe upon my autonomy, I'll keep this in positive regard.
    Likes Lady Lazarus, Tilt liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post

I see myself as mostly indifferent towards most people -- They are what they are, yet so far as they don't try to infringe upon my autonomy, I'll keep this in positive regard.
    Granted.
    However, let us argue a certain point. Indifference is often the source of a certain feeling or a reason. You're indifferent for you're not cold and hold aversion towards people, rather, indifferent because you want to lead a peaceful existence. You carry that indifference with niceness. You see no point holding a grudge against someone, nor do you see a point in spreading apocryphal disgust, bitterness, and judgments wherever you may roam.

From where I stand, you're one of the nicest people here, Stig.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу PumpkinMayCare's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

My oneness, I guess. But whenever I ran into fellow ENFPs in my life they did not seem to care about the differences that comes with being a one at all, quite the opposite. They seemed to love it, probably because it was different, something to explore and study, or they simply loved the differences between us for what they are.

I wish we were all rose-colored too
    My rose-colored boy

You say, "We gotta look on the bright side"
    I say, "Well, maybe if you wanna go blind"
    Likes LucieCat, Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by thepumpkinpot View Post
    My oneness, I guess. But whenever I ran into fellow ENFPs in my life they did not seem to care about the differences that comes with being a one at all, quite the opposite. They seemed to love it, probably because it was different, something to explore and study, or they simply loved the differences between us for what they are.
    I've also noticed that with my fellow ENFPs. A lot of them are really curious about differences, but it's not a negative thing at all. I have one friend who matches that to a T. They're a lot more easy to tell this quality too because they are extremely up front and open with it. It's hard to explain, but I'm a bit more reserved with my acceptance of others' differences and curiosity about them. I think it ties in to the different ways we were raised. My parents are very much the silent acceptance type. Differences don't really excite either of them all that much, but they'll just take things as they are even if they won't verbally express it. I've picked up a lot of that from them in my outward behavior. My social context was also rather conservative growing up, that might impact it some as well. From what my ENFP friend has told me, I think they were raised in a climate that was more socially liberal much more enthusiastic and verbal about accepting differences.

My ENFP friend actually surprises me sometimes. I guess I've been accustomed to being the one person who collects all sorts of people in her life and is constantly picking up on how they think and view the world that when I encounter someone else along the same vein, it's shocking.

I believe Dr. Dario Nairdi (may have spelled his name wrong) has found that the brain activity of ENFPs is the MBTI type with the highest variation in brain activity when members of the same type are compared. I wonder if that could be correlated somewhat with it. No idea how though.
    Likes Dreamer, PumpkinMayCare, ugghh liked this post

Potential is My Addiction Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by LucieCat View Post
    I've also noticed that with my fellow ENFPs. A lot of them are really curious about differences, but it's not a negative thing at all. I have one friend who matches that to a T. They're a lot more easy to tell this quality too because they are extremely up front and open with it. It's hard to explain, but I'm a bit more reserved with my acceptance of others' differences and curiosity about them. I think it ties in to the different ways we were raised. My parents are very much the silent acceptance type. Differences don't really excite either of them all that much, but they'll just take things as they are even if they won't verbally express it. I've picked up a lot of that from them in my outward behavior. My social context was also rather conservative growing up, that might impact it some as well. From what my ENFP friend has told me, I think they were raised in a climate that was more socially liberal much more enthusiastic and verbal about accepting differences.

My ENFP friend actually surprises me sometimes. I guess I've been accustomed to being the one person who collects all sorts of people in her life and is constantly picking up on how they think and view the world that when I encounter someone else along the same vein, it's shocking.

I believe Dr. Dario Nairdi (may have spelled his name wrong) has found that the brain activity of ENFPs is the MBTI type with the highest variation in brain activity when members of the same type are compared. I wonder if that could be correlated somewhat with it. No idea how though.

I think I might know what you are talking about, but only because it's something I've never really thought about! haha, well, aside from an ENFP cousin that shares my age (born a month after me) and growing up with her with many many shared interests and outlooks, I haven't come across others that seem to take that similar sort of interest in people, just for the sake of it. Like, nothing to gain from the interaction other than to satisfy that inner "hunger" if you will. But I think I know what you mean, like, I've noticed this sort of presence of curiosity in some INFPs I've encountered in real life, though, that curiosity is more inward focused. If I were to quickly make the comparison (thinking off the cuff here so don't quote me haha) I feel that ENFPs hmm...seek to understand the differences in others, as a way to understand and perhaps(?) accept and adjust to the differences that lie within them. Whereas I find with the INFPs I've come across, that dynamic is very similar, but more like...they are understanding the world more so, as it relates specifically to them. Ugh, I'm explaining this so retardedly, but...you know?? Haha it's cool, I may have a better way to explain what I'm "seeing" a bit later as I've let the visual sit a while :P
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes LucieCat liked this post

If we’re talking INFP males specifically, obviously frequency isolates me in a literal sense. I think I may have met one irl I worked with him for a few months. That’s it though.