• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] In what ways do you defy your type?

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
This is so funny xDD , I guess is truth that intp tend to be an old man when child and Little kids when adults xD. For other types this seems backwards.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me as well, actually. The way [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]'s mind works suggested to me that she'd be very skilled at the sort of logic one needs to employ in chess.
The two are of course related: I don't play well because I don't play much, and even if one has the ability to do something, skill requires practice. Nothing wrong with chess, there are just lots of other things that claim my attention, including some that might resemble chess in RL.

á´…eparted

passages
The two are of course related: I don't play well because I don't play much, and even if one has the ability to do something, skill requires practice. Nothing wrong with chess, there are just lots of other things that claim my attention, including some that might resemble chess in RL.

I went to the chess club a bunch in 10th grade because a number of my friends went to it, so it was an excuse to hang out, and while I didn't go out of my way to play chess, it was fun to dabble once in a while. I was quite poor at it though, I just don't have the mind you need for it. It also seemed to me like some people took to it really easily and were naturally skilled at it. Practice of course helps but there seemed to be quite a varied level of entry points for it.

Overall I have always been quite poor at logic and strategy games. Never fully understood why but my brain just doesn't think well that way.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to the chess club a bunch in 10th grade because a number of my friends went to it, so it was an excuse to hang out, and while I didn't go out of my way to play chess, it was fun to dabble once in a while. I was quite poor at it though, I just don't have the mind you need for it. It also seemed to me like some people took to it really easily and were naturally skilled at it. Practice of course helps but there seemed to be quite a varied level of entry points for it.

Overall I have always been quite poor at logic and strategy games. Never fully understood why but my brain just doesn't think well that way.

Too, there is a fair amount of memorization and study involved for those who are super into it - learning all of the varieties of how a game can unfold and what to do with what play, etc. I had a friend growing up who was super into it for several years, going to competitions, having a private instructor, etc. And she would study these books with different plays.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People are comfortable coming to me and talking about their personal issues. Somehow I make them feel comfortable. I am not sure exactly how I do this, and sometime I learn things I would really not know. People have actually started telling me intimate details about their love life, looking for advice, before I have a chance to stop them. Do you people really think your significant other would be happy you are telling me this stuff.:doh:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
When meditation works to be more focused and less stress on things aux Ni, instead be irritating by that thing calling ter Se. ENxJ thing.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I tend to be very critical of other people's competence and intelligence. Huge trigger for me.

I am not some sort of naturally patient child-loving fairy-wizard. Other people's kids can make me very uncomfortable. My own kids can even feel intrusive sometimes.

I can get very annoyed by people who are too over-the-top with their expressiveness/hyperness, not excluding Ne doms, even though I can be the same way.

I feel drained after awhile by people who are emotionally needy.

I am actually kind of coldly indifferent to at least 90% of people.

I have been told I am intimidating and unapproachable (even though my default demeanor is quiet). I am aware of this and secretly like that about me.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Too, there is a fair amount of memorization and study involved for those who are super into it - learning all of the varieties of how a game can unfold and what to do with what play, etc. I had a friend growing up who was super into it for several years, going to competitions, having a private instructor, etc. And she would study these books with different plays.
See - I could never get into that just for a game, which would limit right away my potential skill at something like chess. If I am going to invest that much time and effort in reading and study - and I have - it will be for something more useful like my profession or productive hobbies.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like in a sense I use Fi and Ne almost equally strong and could equip either one as my dominant on a need to need basis. There is times my values come first and idea second, or the possibilities come first and my values go secondary for translation.

I think I like people less than the average ENFP. ENFPs are always stereotyped as these really upbeat people loving people - but that doesn't really fit me. I can be pretty upbeat but I tend to enjoy being alone. Socializing sometimes feels pressuring, like I have to keep up with everyone and then I can't have the time to commit to doing the things I love in my off time. So sometimes people get shut off and I absolutely need isolation for a bit.

xNFP types are considered A+-Level procrastinators. I don't do that. I equate it to being an E1 though, we're perfectionistic. XD

I'm not as reckless as the average 7.

I am not as "enabling" or "manipulative" as some see E2s.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
bitch.gif

i’m a proud bitch!
Nawh you aren't that much of a bitch

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm terrible at math.

I'm not bad with money. In fact, I'm pretty much a tightwad and monitor my spending very closely. It takes me quite a long time to decide to spend a large amount of money on something that isn't an absolute necessity.

I have some sense of fashion, even if I don't always choose to display it.

I can entertain small talk on a small scale, yet too much gets to be monotonous.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I defy my type because I actually relate to it.

Shh! Shhh shhh.....

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually love this. I should use this next time someone calls me a bitch for having a backbone XD

You’re such a beautiful intelligent talented creative honest individual Crystal for having a backbone. 😌