• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IFP comparison

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
2. your favorite subjects from school that you would actually read for pleasure.

Physics
Astronomy
Psychology (duh)
English (I'm from Sweden so it's a foreign language)

6. what is fascinates you most?

Space and the mind.

10. What activities do you like to do outdoors?
or What physical activities do you like to do?

Long walks
Climbing

4. do you want to understand how evil works?

Yes.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
T

1. name your five favorite fiction books (and why).

Wow, there are so many choosing five is just killing me. Best I can do is narrow it down to 5 series of books:

The death gate cycle by margaret weis and tracy hickman
The wheel of time series by robert jordan
The liveship traders by robin hobb
The vampire chronicles by Anne Rice
Charlottes web from way back when I was young :smile:

2. your favorite subjects from school that you would actually read for pleasure.

My favourite subject was English, so reading fiction for pleasure for the lesson was about as good as it gets. I need plenty of caffeine to read non fiction.

3. are you fascinated in the duality of good vs. evil, light vs. dark?

All the time, never stop thinking about it.

Yes.

5. what are the topics of some of your favorite daydreams?

being able to fly, having magical abilities, going back in time to learn things or change things, going forward in time to see what comes next.

Our purpose for living.

7. what do you think about the interconnection between humans and all that is?

I don't see much of an interconnection, I read once that spiritual people see some kind of great connection between people and all that is around them, at times I believe I see a part of something bigger than me and my coerner of the world, and at others there is no connection, just empty spaces where people remain seperate.

8. What's your impression of the other IxFP type? (from SciSki)

I don't know any.

9. If someone asks you what clues to look out for in deciding if someone is ISFP or INFP, what would you say?

I would probably ask questions 3 - 6.

----------------------------------------------------------
10. What activities do you like to do outdoors? (from Placebo)

You mean people can do physical activities outdoors? :newwink:

11. - How would you describe this picture (briefly)? http://www.norcalwater.org/images/ncwa_painting.jpg

For some reason I'm thinking Oz, scarecrows and how little I appreciate art.

12. - Do you have a personal philosophy of life? if so what is it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really, the golden rule I guess, other than that my philosophy changes as I grow.

13. Who do you think's going to win the Texas v. OU game? (from Jeffster)

Sports, foreign sports? now where did I put my book.

14. Do you believe that some people are born evil, or is it a reaction to the environment in which they were raised in? (from Neo-Genesis)

I believe you can have both, people who just are bad for no reason traceable down their history, and you can have people who are bad from what they have been through.

15. If you were a tree, what kind would you be, and what would you like hirsch to make out of you? (by Hirsch)

I'd be a willow tree, and I wouldn't want to be made into anything other than what I am, a willow tree.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFPs and ISFPs are waaaaay to different to compare...though it is interesting now that im actually reading the thread

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5

I can't really say, but it seems that they're rather similar to me, for the most part.

9. If someone asks you what clues to look out for in deciding if someone is ISFP or INFP, what would you say?

I don't know. It appears ISFPs don't daydream as frequently as INFPs, so probably that.

Hiking, walking, playing a non-competitive game of basketball, or just throwing a ball around. Also driving long distances (endurance counts right?)
I work out almost every day, but I wouldn't say that I like it.

11. - How would you describe this picture (briefly)? http://www.norcalwater.org/images/ncwa_painting.jpg

I feel weird looking at it. Not something I'd buy.

12. - Do you have a personal philosophy of life? if so what is is it?

To improve myself

14. Do you believe that some people are born evil, or is it a reaction to the environment in which they were raised in? (from Neo-Genesis)

I guess I'll answer my own quetion. I believe that those who are evil don't necessarily do bad deeds, whereas those who do bad deeds aren't necessarily evil.

15. If you were a tree, what kind would you be, and what would you like hirsch to make out of you? (by Hirsch)

Redwood. Nothing. Why would you want to kill me?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lord of the Flies-because i like it
1984-because i like it
Forever(by judy blume) because i like it!
Smack(by melvin burgess) because i like the theme.
The Giver-because i liked it.

History,philosophy,psychology,theatre arts,literature

yes

yes!

this is embarassing. i daydream about being somewhere else, with someone else, in another world. I also daydream about conversations i will have in the future. I often take an upcoming event and daydream exactly what it will be like, or i will make up an imaginary event, like "what would happen if i had dated that person" and i will go through my whole life in a day dream with them. i'm weird.

Brady.

7. what do you think about the interconnection between humans and all that is? I believe our only true connection is that we are human beings. Most human beings can connect to a human being, because they are also human beings, but what about deeper connections?

I think the only one i've met in real life is Jeffster and i love Jeffster. I love his enthusiasm, and silliness.

i wouldn't really know what to say to be honest.

i don't go outdoors very often, if i do its usually against my will.

it looks like a mountain sitting upon a quilt.

Be yourself, don't worry about what other people think.

i dont really watch college football, so i dunno.

i dont think anyone is born evil.

i would be a weeping willow, ive always been drawn to those trees, they seem so sad.

16. What kind of restaurant would you like to own?
Some sort of buffet with all varieties of foods, because i have issues deciding.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the only one i've met in real life is Jeffster and i love Jeffster. I love his enthusiasm, and silliness.

:wubbie: Right back at ya, babe. :cool:

heart

heart on fire
I think this site puts what I admire most about ISFP's into words. It is talking about them as parents but really could also describe them as friends.:

ISFP - Introverted Feeling with Sensing

Different types find it difficult to understand the ISFP's low need for control or influence. Clearly, it is intended to allow others to grow more freely, although the ISFP's quiet, subtle style may never receive full credit.

Children learn that the ISFP parent is always near, very much in touch with the child's needs, and very supportive and loving of the child's development, but in a quiet and unassuming way. "Love" is not so much spoken as it is displayed--quietly, and in myriad ways. "Nothin' says lovin' like something from the oven" could be an ISFP motto. The cookies or dollhouse furniture or handmade sweaters are symbols that say, "I love you." An ISFP's child knows he or she is loved because in these kindly acts and gentle deeds, love is conveyed...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, heart, I like that one too. There's like 3 or 4 lines from "Please Understand Me II" that I think are just awesome as well, and this might be the one I like the best (at least right this moment):

"Drawn to the improvising side of tactical intelligence, Entertainers are the friendly, fond-hearted Artisans, those SPs who want to amuse or to charm others, and whose first impulse is to inform those around them by making or showing them something beautiful or exciting."

He's actually talking about both ISFPs and ESFPs there, but that sums me up like perfectly. I want to amuse and charm others, and more than anything what I like to do is make or show people something beautiful or exciting. Or preferably both. :D

heart

heart on fire
My ISFP friend's house is always so welcoming and she always has something good in the oven. :)

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
To Hirsch: I am curious if you would have answered any of the questions differently ere turning 35-40?

Yes. I mentioned in the forum previously that growing up and through my 20's my preferences were very ISTJ. I'm pretty sure I was not meant to be one...and circumstances simply pushed me into that set of preferences as a survival tactic.

I was a fan of Jane Eyre since I first saw the old film...another seminal film for my world view was titled "the Blue Angel" with Marlene Dietrich and Emyl Jannings...Of course it wasn't until my 20's when I realized I could actually read about these things...

As for the "tree" reference...some of you may have heard of Barbara Walters, who over the years has done a number of highly publicized television interviews of celebrities and politicians, usually well recieved. During one of these she asked the guest (I cannot remember who) "what kind of tree would you like to be?" which I believe flummoxed the guest and baffled viewers. So as a sort of light-hearted joke I offered it here and since I am a furniture maker I added the tag about making something out of you. A cultural reference that I guess fell flat so please disregard.....

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

I don't really have any favourites, more of a fan of non-fiction anyway.

Geography, History, Woodwork, PE (for the last two not reading, doing.)

Not really

Not really

Ideas or trailers for new movies, being all-powerful, how good looking things/people are

Nature, the world around me.

Not too sure at the moment, something interesting to explore

I'm not sure if I know any in real life but online they seem a bit dreamier/floaty and we seem a bit more playful

Describe Se vs Ne to them I suppose

Surfing, fishing, snorkelling, kayaking, swimming, casual sports.

It's ugly, don't like the clashing colours and unnatural shapes, the top half is much nicer than the bottom.

Golden Rule is pretty good but not really no.

Errr Texas... :huh:

Probably a bit of both...

Wolfy beat me to it! A Kauri and get made into maybe a nice desk. :)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Dune Trilogy (great philosophy), Ender's Game Trilogy (great philosophy), Harry Potter Series (just an irresistibly cute fantasy world), Dostoevsky novels (great philosophy, depth of feeling in characters), Rebecca (just... something women can identify with)

English/Comp Lit

Yes

Loaded question. I like to understand things, but if it's indeed evil according to myself, then I don't want to know anything about it. Go to hell with your evil. :D

Things going on in my life. (gasp! closet sensor?)

The beauty of life. It's so good. You just have to know what I'm talking about.

We are driven by a desire for sex and security.

8. What's your impression of the other IxFP type?
I don't have an impression yet because I don't really know any on this forum.

Don't know.

10. What activities do you like to do outdoors? or What physical activities do you like to do?
Walking/Hiking, surfing, and skating.

11. - How would you describe this picture (briefly)?
It's fucking ghastly. Get it off my screen! :D

I have lots. Check out my blog for an idea. (No, don't I forget what embarrassing land-mines are lurking in there.)

13. Who do you think's going to win the Texas v. OU game?
Huh?

14. Do you believe that some people are born evil, or is it a reaction to the environment in which they were raised in?
There are no evil people, just fucked up people.

15. If you were a tree, what kind would you be, and what would you like hirsch to make out of you?
I would be eucalyptus.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

To this day, I cannot get myself to read anything more than Lord of the Rings. I can read that book over and over, but can't pay attention to other books long enough to read them.

Photography
Media Arts

Not fascinated, but aware of it.

Not at all, evil is bad, m'kay

The last time I had sex.
The next time I will have sex.
The dinner I ate last night.
The dinner I will eat tonight.

Honestly, people. I am always baffled and amazed at what people do. Not really their motivations for doing things, but what they are doing.

It is what it is. People come from dirt, and will eventually return to it. Enjoy being above it for as long as you can.

8. What's your impression of the other IxFP type?

From what I read here, they have a much better ability to imagine all the possibilities that I would never even think of. I have a good imaginiation when it comes to immediate things, but N's seem to be able to see all the potential outcomes, like Nick Cage in that movie "Next".

I would hand them a blob of clay. I would think that the S would start making something right away, while the N would imagine what it could be made into first.

10. What activities do you like to do outdoors? or What physical activities do you like to do?

Camping, hiking, biking, rollerblading.
I especially like swimming in really big lakes. Not the ocean though, ocean freaks me out with its bigness.

I wish they would break up the chunks of land more evenly. Whatever farmer has to plow that shit has to have massive anxiety.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

13. Who do you think's going to win the Texas v. OU game?

Whoever the underdog is.

14. Do you believe that some people are born evil, or is it a reaction to the environment in which they were raised in?

I honestly don't care where evil comes from, just keep it away from me.

15. If you were a tree, what kind would you be, and what would you like hirsch to make out of you?

Palm tree, with my branches blowing in a hot summer breeze, preferably on Key West.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's your impression of the other IxFP type? (from SciSki)

They seem to be easy to get along with, but I don't knowingly know enough of them to have much of an opinion about them that is not based in theory. In theory I think they would be good friends for doing things with, but not so good for long theoretical and philosophical conversations. :)

If someone asks you what clues to look out for in deciding if someone is ISFP or INFP, what would you say?

From the responses in this thread - Ask them if they think a lot about good and evil and the roles of those aspects of humanity in shaping past, present and future. If they say yes, they are probably not an ISFP. :)

What activities do you like to do outdoors? (from Placebo)

Walking/Hiking

I used to enjoy Biking and Swimming when I was younger, but don't do those very often anymore (no good/safe places to bike without lots of traffic anymore here (used to be several great dirt race tracks when I was a kid, but those have been replaced with housing developments now :( ), and too self conscious of my shape to do much swimming)

How would you describe this picture (briefly)? http://www.norcalwater.org/images/ncwa_painting.jpg

It looks like a puzzle that may also need color adjustments and may or may not actually be able to make a real picture if rearranged. The top portion looks good, but the bottom ugh, it makes me want to chop it up and see if I could put it together to make it look a bit easier on the eyes.

Do you have a personal philosophy of life? if so what is it?

Find the path thats right for you and follow it.
Be true to yourself - but to do that, you must first seek to understand yourself.

Seek to understand yourself and pay attention to how you feel about things. Reflect on those feelings and use it as a compass to help look for paths that could lead to inner peace, happiness and fulfillment. If you are doing something that makes you feel uncomfortable, try to analyze the situation and find what value conflict is causing it and see if you can either avoid that situation or find a way to go about it that will be acceptable to your values.

Let you feeling and intuition be your guide, learn to listen to them and eventually they may help you see things that would otherwise be overlooked.

Who do you think's going to win the Texas v. OU game? (from Jeffster)

I have close to zero interest in athletic competition, but my guess would be that there is some other team(s) that will benefit more from the potential outcome than the actual teams playing.

Do you believe that some people are born evil, or is it a reaction to the environment in which they were raised in? (from Neo-Genesis)

I believe that some people are born without a conscience which is not quite the same thing as being born evil, but it does give them a very high probability they will do things in their life that would be considered evil.

For those born in good health, I think we are all born with the potential for both good and evil, but environment we are raised in has a huge impact on that. I'd like to believe that for most, there is a natural gravitation toward goodness, but it is counterbalanced by the selfishness of human nature and it is learning to temper those selfish desires that make the difference between good and evil with most people hovering around a neutral point with moments of both in moderation.

If you were a tree, what kind would you be, and what would you like hirsch to make out of you? (by Hirsch)

A pine tree, and I'd if I had to be made into something, a walking stick so I could still travel and not be stuck in one location all the time.

What kind of resturant would you like to run?

A restaurant that specializes in potatoes.
International House of Potatoes! :)

arborvitae

MBTI Type
ISFP
- Gone With The Wind - Scarlett O'Hara is an awesome character. I mean, she's pretty much an awful, greedy, manipulative person...but the author manages to make you love her anyway.
- The Divine Comedy - I just kinda like the world and atmosphere it portrays
- Stranger in a Strange Land - Religion and philosophy in a way I manage to understand.
- Books by Terry Pratchett - They make me laugh
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles - I like books that make me feel an emotion.

Anatomy and physiology :nerd:

Not especially

Not especially

Sex, food, babies...I'm pretty simple :)

6. what fascinates you most?

Hmm, I'm not sure yet.

I really like how it was described in Asimov's short story "The Last Question"

EDIT to add :

They seem to be pretty daydreamy. I definitely have a lot in common with INFPs, and sometimes think I tend towards that type. I think a lot of them see something of themselves reflected in me, and form an attachment because of this. But then sometimes it feels like they project their own personality traits on me, if that makes sense.

INFPs frequently seem to be attracted to fantasy/mythological art...

I enjoy sailing, swimming, hiking, camping...I'm pretty open to new outdoor activities.

http://www.norcalwater.org/images/ncwa_painting.jpg

The bottom half is very jarring. The angles of the fields make it seem like the planes stick out oddly and unexpectedly.

I have two goals - become a better person through experiences, and improve the world for other people. Kinda cliche, I know, but it works for me.

HOOK 'EM HORNS!
:banana2: (try to imagine that the banana's thumb is folded across his palm)

Also, I totally only replied to this thread to rub it in the face of any OU fans out there.

I don't know the life story of every "evil" person out there, but it certainly seems like there are plenty of people who turn out crazy and dangerous in environments that produce good people.

Hm, I think I would like to be a cypress. And if I were a tree, I wouldn't want anybody to cut me down and turn me into furniture or whatever. Sorry, Hirsch :(

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD

I cannot for the life of me make it through reading a book. The last time I finished one was 4 years ago and that was a requirement while I was in school.

2. your favorite subjects from school that you would actually read for
pleasure.

I didn't enjoy much of school but if I had to choose I'd probably read more into World History/Cultures.

It's not something that stands out to me, there are many more interesting things.

Not particularly.

My escapist ones, anything involving me not being where I am right now.

Human perception.

That sounds to me like it is digging into metaphysics, something I like to not think about much.

The way that they apply their ideas instead of just pondering them makes me jealous.

"I'm the worst person to ask, I am still unsure of myself."

Long walks through unknown areas, I also greatly enjoy swimming and anything in or on the water.

The upper half is very pleasing to the eye, which is a direct contrast to the bottom. Perhaps the artist wanted to show the difference between the natural landscape and that which has been altered by humans, but he or she didn't need to be a dick about it. That stuff hurts my eyes.

No philosophy.

I'd say Texas, because everyone I know from Texas takes the game so damn seriously.

It is most definitely a reaction to the environment, but every person reacts differently to various things.

Some old growth Acacia Koa made into a wonderful acoustic guitar.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'll address two.

I am very interested in the subject of human evil and have studied it through reading, talking to others and observation.

I believe everyone has to decide for themselves what the purpose of life is. For me it is in growth to my potential, working for the positive, and taking joy from the gifts of existence.

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ

Hmm... haven't read much fiction lately and much of what I've read when I was younger doesn't feel so influential anymore. Of the little I've recently read, The Sheep Look Up by John Brunner stands out.

History. I would cut my history class to read my history book. The history teacher at my high school was also the school band conductor. Most often he would be off organizing field trips for the band rather than teaching class. The students would fool around and play cards. I saw no point in going.

Yes. Maybe. Is there a duality or can't they blur?

Not sure, can't really say.

ACCESS DENIED

It changes from day to day.

I believe that humans are a part of all that is, belong to all that is and are in no way special or entitled to do as they please with this world. Our culture tells us that our "superior intelligence" allows us to do whatever we will and that our ingenuity will overcome any obstacle. I think it will bite us in the ass in the end. We foolishly look to control the world, rather than look to build a relationship with it.

If I've run into any of them, I haven't identified them as such.

I think the ISFPs would be the ones wearing a cape and tights with an 'S' imprinted across the chest.

10. What activities do you like to do outdoors? (from Placebo) or What physical activities do you like to do?

Hiking, gardening, and (foolishly) walking late at night. I take martial arts, but only make it to class every couple of weeks. The combination of physical activity in a social setting really drains me, and other activities take precedence. Maybe if the class were smaller I'd make it more often.

Heinous. It's been entirely taken over, invaded and put to human use. Entire eco-systems cleared and replaced with monocrop farms.

ACCESS DENIED

Who's gonna win the what now? OU? Oregan University?

I think it's a reaction to the environment they were raised in and a society that's poorly suited to dealing with it.

I would be a California Live Oak, because I belong where I'm at. You wouldn't make anything out of me because I can take a long time to grow and am often small and gnarly. I'm of better service if left alone and my acorns are used as food. In my old age I enjoy falling on people named Hirsch.