• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP geek/nerd

Blackmagicwizard

Ok so one thing ive noticed with this type online is that there never really see a description of them being geeky.
Its usually active and sporty.

After taking THE official test and reading the cognitive functions i indentified with estp as the closest to me. I struggled against entp vs estp but entp just doesnt fit. The cognitive functions were spot on, the online profile description was fairly accurate but

The thing is im a huge geek.

I read and write fantasy.
I love jigsaw puzzles.
I play a lot of video games and tabletop
Mostly RPGs.
I know the lore of lord of the ring characters,star wars etc.
Im full of movie facts and trivia.
I quote movies through out my day.
I watch animal documentaries.
I sing loud randomly ,play bass and listen to metal. I love cheesy power metal and black metal. I listen to it almost everyday. Which in general the metal scene doesnt seem to have many STPs.
I am heavily into politics and love debating\arguing.
I read comics and love superhero stuff in general.
I have a horror/fantasy movie room.

Side note- im not much of a partier anymore and prefer going to concerts or hanging with my family as ive gotten older.

With that said i am active in the sense i work out 6 days a week.
I hike,camp,swim,run and surf.
I write horror reviews and top 10 lists

Is it posdible to be a geeky nerdy metalhead estp?

Also my ennegram is 8w7 possibly 7w8

Amberiat

Infinity
Is it posdible to be a geeky nerdy metalhead estp?

Of course, why wouldn't it be? ESTPs are also known for being versatile just like ENTPs, they might be inclined towards fast-paced physical activities because of their Se of course but it's totally possible and totally normal to be a geeky ESTP.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read fantasy novels for fun, am in love with Star Trek, almost exclusively watch horror movies and documentary series and have degrees in political science, sociology and spanish

and I moderate a typology forum :laugh:

entirely possible

Any type can get their geek on. I know aplha (macho) men who are secretly geeky/nerdy. They’re just too manly man to openly embrace it. I knew a model popular party girl who was a massive sci-fi nerd underneath. People wear many masks.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dont think being a geek/nerd is type related. ESTPs could for instance get into geek stuff as their Se craves the experiences and novelty and aux Ti will be curious on how things work and how things all logically fit together as well as tert Fe social connection.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
dom Se ESFP
quote-i-m-the-biggest-nerd-i-love-comic-books-and-stuff-like-that-i-don-t-have-any-friends-who-are-megan-fox-64713.jpg

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Difference between them:
ENTP are enormous risk takers about everything you can imagine and theoretic. dom Ne
ESTP are the most realistic type and insecure a lot more, calculating as well. Everything what they do is guided by impulses. inf Ni

derek

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yes! My ESTP friend shares all of these traits! His hobbies include the same exact things, but differently; he reads and writes history, he loves crosswords, he plays racing games, loves trivia, knows all characters of Homer's literature and ancient historical figures in europe, full of facts about both these things and planes, he prefers books but he doesn't quote much, watches historical and religious documentaries, he loves screaming haha and he's a huge metalhead as he can list off his favorite types of metal, he plays drums, he is heavily political and loves to debate and argue but his points tend to have some logical inconsistencies, he reads comics, he doesn't have a movie room, but his room is riddled with Greek wallpapers and maps, and it is almost a library of history and culture-based literature.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Booyashaka! :D Sensors can be geeks too!