• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The first MBTI you typed as VS your real type....

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
What was the first MBTI type you ever scored on a test?

VS

What is your actual type. Is it the same, or different?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
On my first tests I tended to get mostly any of the NP types depending on my mood and the way the test was set out. I'd say I was semi correctly tested as ENFP as I did often get that on the test

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First tested - INTJ
Actual - I---

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Only ever tested out to be INFP/ENFP no matter the test.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Started off getting nothing but ENFP on tests. In fact, I still rarely test as my actual type (ESTJ).

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
INTP and INFP. Did them one after the other and dont remember which came first

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
First time I ever took an MBTI test was in High School psychology, and back then before I ever had any knowledge or context for anything related to type theory I tested as an INTP, and my teacher looked at me like I'd conjured fire from my bare hands, to which my response was "Why does any of this matter to me or what relevance does this have to anything..."

After actually developing a curiosity about the subject many years later, I tested again as INTP, and have consistently comeback as INTP overtime on various different tests besides two anomalies in which I tested as INTJ and ENTP.

Amberiat

Infinity
I randomly came across the 16personalities test a long time ago and took it for fun, got INTJ and after that I got interested in learning more about MBTI and after that enneagram, currently have no idea what my real type is for either of these after taking multiple tests and getting a bunch of different results.

Oh well, I'll find out someday I guess. :run:

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took the shitty hermeneutics test as my entry into MBTI. I believe I typed as INTJ. I remember that someone said the opposite type as me (ESFP in this case) was the type least likely to "believe" in personality tests.

I have gone through a ton of different confirmation biases towards myself in what type I am. That said, every scientifically validated and/or official MBIT test I have ever took typed me as INTP.

rav3n

INTJ was my mistype because I'm a somewhat misanthropic ENTJ. People tend to live up to my worst expectations or even in excess of that low bar. Luckily, some don't, hence the 'somewhat'.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ was my first test
Still tests as INTJ
Tested INTJ when therapist speculated INTP (but I don't blame her) Jung said INTx looks similar.
Sometimes, sometimes I think I'm ESFP.

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I used to consistently score INTJ, and I went with that for years but eventually decided that I'm an INTP.

Breathing

First tested as an INTJ on the infamous 16personalities. Researching information about the type and cognitive functions in depth made me realize that something was wrong. The first function that I easily grasped and related to was Fi, and things became much clearer after that. Pretty set on INFP, even though I'll go through periods where I'll really question my type just make sure I'm right.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have always tested as INTJ, including on the "official" MBTI, except for one online test that gave me INTP.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my first test at age 16 was INFX, and then over the years I was always close on the P/J axis, but identified as INFJ. I think I have always related to Ni and Fi, and so got the X. I feel pretty good about ISFP, with the additional consideration that I might have been INTJ as a child and so now am environmentally transformed into ISFP. I was a little more J when in school and religion because I was responsible and responded to the external pressure and structure, but it was always intensely painful and anxiety inducing for me, so I tend to feel much more like a Perceiver now. I'm extremely P-oriented with other people and my expectations of them have almost zero J in it, so I think that reveals my own inner ideals and that I prefer free, nonstructured P-type interaction with reality.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My first type was ENFP, not too far from my actual one.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First result of a real test was ENTJ, because absolutely every scrappy kid whose whose life consists solely of work and school within a quarter-life crisis is going to test that way

"Yeah I'm so determined and dutiful and productive, and totally into self-improvement, therefore that^"

In actuality I'm more balanced, for good and for bad. All of the tests will reflect that. If I had to pin down a function stacking, the first few would look like [MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION]'s I'm sure.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Initial: INFJ
Actual: ENFP
I almost always test as an INFP, ENFP, or INFJ in that order. I thought I was an INFP for awhile actually. I have gotten the rare, off the wall ESFP and ENTP typings, which I really cant see since I'm not much of a Se or a Ti person. Though I could see how I might act similar to both types.