Default Types most likely to be unemployed

top 3 <---LOL

1. ISFP
    2. INFP
    3. INTP

next 2

4. ENTP
    5. ESFP

least likely to be unemployed (as you'd expect)

E*TJ

So like yeah, the laziest & least practical/grounded people are the most unemployed.
    And the top 5 are all perceivers.

Personality type most likely to be unemployed - Business Insider

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    top 3 <---LOL

1. ISFP
    2. INFP
    3. INTP

next 2

4. ENTP
    5. ESFP

least likely to be unemployed (as you'd expect)

E*TJ

So like yeah, the laziest & least practical/grounded people are the most unemployed.
    And the top 5 are all perceivers.

Personality type most likely to be unemployed - Business Insider
    Whole lot of value judgements going on there.

Couldnt share that perspective to be honest.

MBTI
    INTJ

The majority of INFP's take ridiculous, frivolous college majors that don't get them any jobs. Then they get a dead end, entry level, unskilled job. Then they want to get a masters degree in something equally ridiculous and frivolous. This is what I learned from reading MBTI forums.

Deleted Account

Ignoring the blatant stereotyping in this thread, I'm assuming you mean unemployed on purpose.

In that case, I think INTJs would be most likely to be unemployed. (That's not a jab at the OP, but the stereotyping comment was.) Dom Ni and Inf Se could translate to unrealistic goal setting and unwillingness to shift gears mentally, Aux Te could make them demanding and uncooperative, and Tert Fi could encourage blind passion and oversensitivity. Granted it's anecdotal, but the INTJs I know irl all share a "Why be a wage slave when I can invest in my incredibly niche and unprofitable hobby?" type of mindset (with all varying levels of follow through).

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    The majority of INFP's take ridiculous, frivolous college majors that don't get them any jobs. Then they get a dead end, entry level, unskilled job. Then they want to get a masters degree in something equally ridiculous and frivolous. This is what I learned from reading MBTI forums.
    And were, pray tell, did you learn your tact and communication style?

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    Ignoring the blatant stereotyping in this thread, I'm assuming you mean unemployed on purpose.

In that case, I think INTJs would be most likely to be unemployed. (That's not a jab at the OP, but the stereotyping comment was.) Dom Ni and Inf Se could translate to unrealistic goal setting and unwillingness to shift gears mentally, Aux Te could make them demanding and uncooperative, and Tert Fi could encourage blind passion and oversensitivity. Granted it's anecdotal, but the INTJs I know irl all share a "Why be a wage slave when I can invest in my incredibly niche and unprofitable hobby?" type of mindset (with all varying levels of follow through).
    I think there is not much voluntary unemployment as largely I think of that as being independently wealthy or earning passive income of some sort.

MBTI
    NFTS
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

You couldn't even handle my job, and the turnover is incredibly high. Probably about as high as you get in your mom's basement. Wait? I thought that was my job?

Next.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    You couldn't even handle my job, and the turnover is incredibly high. Probably about as high as you get in your mom's basement. Wait? I thought that was my job?

Next.
    Types most likely to be Peter
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    IXTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Amusing thread title, but an example of how the wrong typology can be applied to the wrong question. I think there is a slight correlation between E-types and voluntary unemployment, because the existential identity issues of ego defences can trump the material existential issues of everyday life. Function stacks don't contribute to one's sense of identity to such a powerful degree. The IXXP's in our host's survey were quite possibly Enea 4s, 5s, and /or 9s, the three types who's ego defence structures (when neurotic) might interfere with or even override their desire to find employment.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post

If you count self-employment and freelancing as being employed, I suspect that fraction would go down considerably. It is hard for an INTJ to work for a boss or organization he/she doesn't respect. They are likely to strike out on their own and be their own boss, and will usually have the drive and the skills to succeed. I am in that sort of bad work situation right now and doing my best to get out in what may very well turn out to be a freelancing/consulting type arrangement.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Lark, Ghost liked this post