• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types most likely to be unemployed

Lark

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
The majority of INFP's take ridiculous, frivolous college majors that don't get them any jobs. Then they get a dead end, entry level, unskilled job. Then they want to get a masters degree in something equally ridiculous and frivolous. This is what I learned from reading MBTI forums.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ignoring the blatant stereotyping in this thread, I'm assuming you mean unemployed on purpose.

In that case, I think INTJs would be most likely to be unemployed. (That's not a jab at the OP, but the stereotyping comment was.) Dom Ni and Inf Se could translate to unrealistic goal setting and unwillingness to shift gears mentally, Aux Te could make them demanding and uncooperative, and Tert Fi could encourage blind passion and oversensitivity. Granted it's anecdotal, but the INTJs I know irl all share a "Why be a wage slave when I can invest in my incredibly niche and unprofitable hobby?" type of mindset (with all varying levels of follow through).

Lark

The majority of INFP's take ridiculous, frivolous college majors that don't get them any jobs. Then they get a dead end, entry level, unskilled job. Then they want to get a masters degree in something equally ridiculous and frivolous. This is what I learned from reading MBTI forums.

And were, pray tell, did you learn your tact and communication style?

Lark

Ignoring the blatant stereotyping in this thread, I'm assuming you mean unemployed on purpose.

In that case, I think INTJs would be most likely to be unemployed. (That's not a jab at the OP, but the stereotyping comment was.) Dom Ni and Inf Se could translate to unrealistic goal setting and unwillingness to shift gears mentally, Aux Te could make them demanding and uncooperative, and Tert Fi could encourage blind passion and oversensitivity. Granted it's anecdotal, but the INTJs I know irl all share a "Why be a wage slave when I can invest in my incredibly niche and unprofitable hobby?" type of mindset (with all varying levels of follow through).

I think there is not much voluntary unemployment as largely I think of that as being independently wealthy or earning passive income of some sort.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
You couldn't even handle my job, and the turnover is incredibly high. Probably about as high as you get in your mom's basement. Wait? I thought that was my job?

Next.

Lark

You couldn't even handle my job, and the turnover is incredibly high. Probably about as high as you get in your mom's basement. Wait? I thought that was my job?

Next.

Types most likely to be Peter :newwink:

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Amusing thread title, but an example of how the wrong typology can be applied to the wrong question. I think there is a slight correlation between E-types and voluntary unemployment, because the existential identity issues of ego defences can trump the material existential issues of everyday life. Function stacks don't contribute to one's sense of identity to such a powerful degree. The IXXP's in our host's survey were quite possibly Enea 4s, 5s, and /or 9s, the three types who's ego defence structures (when neurotic) might interfere with or even override their desire to find employment.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If you count self-employment and freelancing as being employed, I suspect that fraction would go down considerably. It is hard for an INTJ to work for a boss or organization he/she doesn't respect. They are likely to strike out on their own and be their own boss, and will usually have the drive and the skills to succeed. I am in that sort of bad work situation right now and doing my best to get out in what may very well turn out to be a freelancing/consulting type arrangement.