• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Differences between N and S

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=33869]Turi[/MENTION]

That "before your eyes" is Sensation but it is not the FACT but INFORMATION as you said.
INFORMATION =/= FACT Sensation is looking for real things and that's it.

You are incorrect in this conclusion, from a Jungian perspective.
I have quoted Jung to prove my point.

The 'information' Sensation observes, is "facts" - this is how "facts" are to be understood - actualities, reality, tangible, literal, concrete information.

ie hearing a bird, is a fact. That's Sensation - the sound is "the fact". Then Thinking is (if we're forcing functions here lol) what tells you what the sound was (a bird). Feeling then tells you whether you liked it or not. Intuition places mental imagery in your mind that might allow you to "see" the bird in your head, or imagine where it is up in a tree etc - possibilities arising from the "fact" - the fact being, the actual existence of the sound you heard.

If you're simply going to dispute this, I'm not interested in going further here - I genuinely want to be productive and useful to the OP and there isn't really any room for disputing what I've said. I've provided all relevant sources.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
The 'information' Sensation observes, is "facts" - this is how "facts" are to be understood - actualities, reality, tangible, literal, concrete information. ie hearing a bird, is a fact. That's Sensation - the sound is "the fact". Then Thinking is (if we're forcing functions here lol) what tells
I know all of this. All I said S is not about facts since informations are neutral by itself like a sound of bird. S everything percieve as fact (paranoia waiting) yes but it is not fact! You have to do something with information to make it facts from them like categorzing (Ti) or sorting (Te).

Аfter all, facts were once conclusions. ;)

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know all of this. All I said S is not about facts since informations are neutral by itself like a sound of bird. S everything percieve as fact (paranoia waiting) yes but it is not fact! You have to do something with information to make it facts from them like categorzing (Ti) or sorting (Te). Аfter all, facts were once conclusions. ;)
I completely disagree with your application of the word 'fact', it's just wrong for all of the reasons I provided in earlier posts.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I completely disagree with your application of the word 'fact', it's just wrong for all of the reasons I provided in earlier posts.
Information which is S thing is neutral like "There is a door!" , "She loves me" , "She told there is a dragon behind them" etc
Some of them are truths some of them are lies.
Same with N , some fantasies are visions and some are paranoia.
For S fact is what he/she sanses
For N fact is what he/she imagine
But T is function which cast out all nonsenses.

Flowerlike

MBTI Type
INFP

TURI, HELLO, WE ARE BOTH IN THE SAME BOAT AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM, HELLO OLD MATE