Thread: SF or NT?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Hopefully no TypoC member is stupid enough to pay money at that site.
    Be productive or don't post at all, I'm not advertising the site, I've subscribed for the weekly classes and am reporting what I'm learning - with permission, as well.

Won't tolerate any bs that's not relevant.
    What people do with their money is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    I'm not advertising the site
    Then take out the link.
    Who, if not you. When, if not now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Then take out the link.
    Denied, until formally requested by a moderator or administrator.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Denied, until formally requested by a moderator or administrator.
    please remove the link or I shall remove it for you... advertising is against the rules
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by miss fortune View Post
    please remove the link or I shall remove it for you... advertising is against the rules
    Link removed - I've kept the name in place though - is that okay?
    If I don't 'cite my source', it looks like I'm just stealing information and claiming it as my own, which isn't the case.

I want to share this information and acknowledge the source.
    Let me know what the rules are with regards to this because the information is brilliant and will be useful to the community.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Link removed - I've kept the name in place though - is that okay?
    If I don't 'cite my source', it looks like I'm just stealing information and claiming it as my own, which isn't the case.

I want to share this information and acknowledge the source.
    Let me know what the rules are with regards to this because the information is brilliant and will be useful to the community.
    you can cite your sources, but the link you posted went straight to a page asking for money... I hope you can understand from my perspective how that can come across as advertising
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

you can cite your sources, but the link you posted went straight to a page asking for money... I hope you can understand from my perspective how that can come across as advertising
    The link was just to their home page, they do have the prices listed right there, I get that.

It wasn't a link straight to like, credit card details or anything.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

The link was just to their home page, they do have the prices listed right there, I get that.

It wasn't a link straight to like, credit card details or anything.
    walks like a duck...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

walks like a duck...
    I'm just trying to share some good information with people - next time I won't link here, I'll just 'name-drop' and people can look for themselves if they want - or not - doesn't bother me, I'm not trying to hawk a product.

I'm legitimately trying to share some solid information with people, because the state the typology community is in at the moment is absolutely cancerous and is in dire need of change - people try to type via 'vibes', too much subjectivity, everybody is bias AF, too much semantics and wankfest regarding specifics, nobody is on the same page, people argue the same point from completely different contexts (i.e MBTI v Socionics definitions etc), ugh, it's terrible.

This isn't a dig at Typology Central - I barely ever come here, general swing at the typology community overall.

To that end, I'll lead the way and put my money where my mouth is, and be productive - here's two posts copy-pasted from PersonalityCafe, apologies if they appear sort of out of context:

--

I have since gained permission to share what I learn as well as permission to share screenshots.
    I have updated the OP with a screenshot of the basic checklist that is shown in the class, this is what we will be working with and fleshing out, I believe, in future classes.

There is a more advanced checklist as well, however it includes things we don't know much about yet.
    I'll post that here, as it's pretty much irrelevant at the moment:

The legend for this, I believe is as follows however we haven't been taught this, and I am putting information together I have gathered from the website, and basically just hoping it's accurate and not misleading in the future, if it's wrong I'll just come back and say "yo I fucked up".

Animals - I don't know the meanings of these:
    S - Sleep
    C - Consume
    P - Play
    B - Blast
    Combinations of the above letters = combinations of the above words/terms. Meaningless at the moment, I know.

I'm even more in the dark on these and am basically making it up:
    FF - Feminine Feminine?
    FM - Feminine Masculine?
    MF - Masculine Feminine?
    MM - Masculine Masculine?
    They're something to do with energy, I think - from the website under masculine and feminine - "Solid and shovey, open and moveable".

These are simple, and also in the basic checklist in the OP:
    Di - introverted decider (Ji).
    De - extroverted decider (Je).
    Oi - introverted observer (Pi).
    Oe - extroverted observer (Pe).
    OO - double observers (both P functions in middle of stack, I believe).
    DD - double deciders (both J functions in middle of stack, I believe).

These are guesstimates but I believe this is regarding Demon and Saviour functions:
    De-F - feminine Demon.
    De-M - masculine Demon.
    S-F - feminine Saviour
    S-M - masculine Saviour.
    Demon functions, I believe, are not-favoured functions, weak spots i.e inferior function and either aux/tert depending on subtype - don't quote me on this, it hasn't been mentioned and I am fleshing this shit out myself here.
    Saviour functions, I believe are favoured functions, strengths i.e dominant function and either aux/tert depending on subtype, again, don't quote me on this, also not mentioned.

Modalities:
    T - Tester
    V - Visual
    A - Audio
    K - Kinesthetic
    Not mentioned yet.

I honestly don't know what Ct, Dg, S/T and W/T mean - not mentioned yet.

The bottom section of the checklist, I believe, would be unfilled - I think it's got a 'demo' ENTJ setup laid out.
    I don't know what 'Actv' means though I'd assume 'active' or 'activated' but don't quote me on this.
    'Anim' means 'Animal', I think - and they're mentioned above (S, C, B, P).

It's a totally incomplete rundown of the advanced checklist, honestly it's not a focus at the moment, literally mentioned for about two seconds, I just wanted to share it for y'all, and in sharing it I am basically forced into laying down the legend.
    A legend which I'd like to note has not been covered at all so far, and like I said, is pieced together by myself using information from the ObjectivePersonality website.

--

Something else I'll throw in here - I want to stress this is completely coincidental, it's actually derived from the 'introduction' video and not the first class, but I don't know where else to put it and some people might find it interesting.

So far, they've 'objectively' typed almost 2000 people, I believe - people are considered as being objectively typed when one person types them in accordance with the advanced checklist above, and another person does the same in a separate room, no communication - unsure how many times this occurs and between how many sets of partners before somebody gets 'logged' as a type - there are 512 types, so to get it 'right' and 'log' someone, both typists need to actually pinpoint the precise subtype, 1 in 512 chance, then.
    So for multiple people to get the same results considering that, well, something's being tracked.

Anyway, not the point - just setting the stage so to speak - the way people look, hair colour, eye colour yada yada - isn't tested for, at all, not one single bit - you can see the checklist above, nothing about physical appearance.

What they've noticed is some weird 'clumpings', the following is two snips from a screenshot:

They look kinda similar.

That shit isn't being tracked, tested for, it's not even a consideration, they're just finding that people are tending to clump in certain areas, specific subtypes - and this clumping really starts to shine when the possible number of types is 512* - before that, I believe it's not 'specific enough' to really suggest any patterns.

Of course, they need more numbers to really state there is a pattern - they stress this, it's just kind of weird.

There's also something else, one 'dock' (name for subtypes, I think), has atm, an over 50% LGBT ratio - the numbers are small, there's 8 people there - but 5 of those 8, are gay or bisexual - it's stressed they need at least 50 people objectively typed and logged into that very specific dock/subtype section to really suggest a pattern - it's just kinda weird.

There's another one whereby all three people they have objectively typed that have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome are found in the exact same dock.
    Again, the numbers are small - but of almost 2000 people, the only 3 that have EDS, are all in the exact same subtype.

I'd like to note and make it clear they are absolutely not pushing these patterns forward as 'truths' or a means of typing, they don't type via appearances or anything related to the above in the slightest - it's just some weird 'clumping' that seems to be occurring, that's kinda interesting.

*there's 16 types, but they found things that split this into 32, then another split to 64, then 128, 256 - 512 seemed to be the magic number where they could accurately objectively type people (re: their criteria) in double-blind situations and get it exact.
    Likes Luigi liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

It's intentional...
    what was the reason behind it then? i think it’s just perpetuating the NTs are deep, philosophical geniuses/SFs are simple, shallow materialists stereotype. you could easily find an NT doing an unboxing video, or an SF talking about something of substance