• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Ethics comes from Si? o_O

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
The most ridiculous thought is that Ethics comes from Si. People don't understand that Si/Se is like a water and world is a cup. So what is the problem? Problem is people who don't see the world in 4 dimensions , who don' t see changes in the world and how these changes have a influence on people's lifes and what we have? We have people who think that Si is function who is responsible for ethics just because it is "traditional"! Do you know what is traditional values? Do you think this values have a connection with morality? Guess what , your values are not universal values (Fe)! There are people or civilization who think something is moral while you see it as disguise. Suppose you are risen in cannibalistic society you as Si user will defend this system because Si serve established system. If system provide moral decadence than Si will act that as well Se. Se will see in every system opportunity for growing.

Functions which are responsible for ethics are ethical or feeling function Fe and Fi. The only difference between them is how they get information for example inf Fe user don't like people in general but they want to be appreciate by them. They want to hear their thoughts (Ti) because if they don't want to admit they are care about what are people think about them! On another hand inf Fi user don't cere about it because Fi has strong inner values and according to that values they sort people (Te). So Fe user will search how people act to other people , set objective moral standards which make Alpha and Beta "childish" or "revolutionary". Fe is global , sympathetic, democratic and revolutionary while Fi is more concerned about feeling of individuate so Fi is individual , empathetic , aristocratic and traditional.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Whose thought was it?

For example SJ user are often describe as moral people just because they are referred as "traditionalists" but be traditional is not equal for morality. Be traditional means have a standards which are common in some society so if your society promote killing and raping THIS will be moral for Si but not for Fe or Fi. Same with Se. :)

Jaguar

For example SJ user are often describe as moral people just because they are refereed as "traditionalists" but be traditional is not equal for morality. Be traditional means have a standards which are common in some society so if your society promote killing and raping THIS will be moral for Si but not for Fe or Fi. Same with Se. :)

I think you've been speaking with people who smoke crack. (That's my way of saying their logic is horse shit.)

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think you've been speaking with people who smoke crack. (That's my way of saying their logic is horse shit.)

You miss the point.

So...

Let's we have system A and system B - generations

In system A is normal: drugs , killing , raping - anarchy in general
In system B is normal: laws , order , dictatorship -> totalitarianism in gereral

Si from system A will protect values of system A as something is normal.
Si from system B will protect values of system B as something is normal.

What does it tell about it? There is no morality with Si!
When you have a system which promotes decadence the only true rebel is when you begin to act contrary form the system!

And Se? Se will feel fine in both of system. They want to destroy the system but still use benefits from it.
Se from system A wants kings something to rule and Se from system B wants revolution. :D

THERE IS ONLY A SPINNING WHEEL.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Delete the thread. It doesn't matter.

It doesn't meter "Who?" because I can find a lot of people who can claim that.
I am here for "What is saying?". I am here to explain some things. This is what is matter.

Jaguar

It doesn't meter "Who?" because I can find a lot of people who can claim that.

If you can find "a lot" of people who would claim it, first, you would have to be able to claim "a lot" of people even know what the hell an SJ is.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
If you can find "a lot" of people who would claim it, first, you would have to be able to claim "a lot" of people even know what the hell an SJ is.

I didn't say that. I said SJ are describe as "traditionalist" and I want to prove that be "traditional" or have Si have not any connection for morality.
This is what is this thread is about! Just stay on the topic. I won't replay to next bs. :)

Jaguar

I want to prove that be "traditional" have not any connection from morality.

You want to prove something that anyone with a modicum of intelligence already knows. I see. Knock yourself out.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
You want to prove something that anyone with a modicum of intelligence already knows. I see. Knock yourself out.

Yes. It is important. People forget it often.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Is this a topic that has two sides, meaning, were you intending a discussion to occur here? To those familiar with MBTI, I don't presume anyone, if not most would think Si is a source for ethics. I will add that I do believe it has been helpful in developing my own value system, but I certainly wouldn't suggest my Si has been the source.

This post may be better suited in the Rant thread. All you may get here is a crowd of nodding heads, which, isn't a discussion.

rav3n

Morals and ethics are distinct issues with some overlap. Morals are internal values and ethics, external systems to control societal behaviours to ensure for a functioning society.

Si looks to the past to gauge right/wrong in the current.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ethics doesn't come from cognitive finctions ... the truth is a little bit more complicated than that.
Therefore those that want real answers should look into a neuroscience.