User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Come on, N's, stop trying to control the narrative. Shut up and listen.
    ▵▵▵
    Likes Luigi liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by Dashy CVII View Post
    My mind is a galaxy. Yes, I agree with this post, I think it sums this thread up. Sensing vs Pe! U can has, but don't confuse: SENSOR: Sensors think Ns go off topic too much, especially N primaries, because Ns realize they can take anything to its broader context, then to a broader context, then craftily apply it elsewhere. PE TYPE: Pe types think Se-inferiors are dumb-asses because we always miss some important detail that happened, we slowly conceptualize over everything that happens in our lives, constantly lost in thought when we should be reacting. Not external percievers by any means, Ni types are slow AF: *constantly conceptualizing/reflecting on something while staring at something else (Se) but not noticing wtf is actually happening.* Ni types miss so much of reality, it's hilarious. Si primaries ime do the same thing but in reverse: *Wide reactive look like they're in the big picture of the moment, but in reality paying no attention, mulling over all about internal sensate life.* Yes, don't confuse N with Pi. Si types aren't lost in their minds thinking about the big picture.
    okay so this took me some time to figure out . For the longest I thought my previous boyfriend ISTP was thinking about big picture stuff but really he was thinking about if the weather was good for kite boarding or what was for dinner . I think introvertion gives the illusion of Ni/Ne processing for me because I can see wheels turning but there isn't any indication of what is happening inside, however once he became more comfortable with me I realized that some of the far out there subjects that I love were not on his radar. He likes things to make sense in a more concrete , data to back up way but he's not thinking about big broad open ended questions on the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    okay so this took me some time to figure out . For the longest I thought my previous boyfriend ISTP was thinking about big picture stuff but really he was thinking about if the weather was good for kite boarding or what was for dinner . I think introvertion gives the illusion of Ni/Ne processing for me because I can see wheels turning but there isn't any indication of what is happening inside, however once he became more comfortable with me I realized that some of the far out there subjects that I love were not on his radar. He likes things to make sense in a more concrete , data to back up way but he's not thinking about big broad open ended questions on the universe.
    What’s for dinner can be quite a perplexing question. So he wasn’t wondering what truly is at the center of a black hole because the term singularity is a fancy way of saying we haven’t got a clue. You took the mysterious out of tall, dark and mysterious. Poor guy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    What's for dinner can be quite a perplexing question. So he wasn't wondering what truly is at the center of a black hole because the term singularity is a fancy way of saying we haven't got a clue. You took the mysterious out of tall, dark and mysterious. Poor guy.
    I can't stop laughing, mystery went right out the window!
    I know, I know what's for dinner is right up there in importance as the meaning of life.
    I'm pretty sure I need another N function person , I am just literally surrounded by sensors who want to know what's for dinner and sports.. I want to discuss the loftier subjects and not see eyes glaze over.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

Potential is My Addiction Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    I can't stop laughing, mystery went right out the window! I know, I know what's for dinner is right up there in importance as the meaning of life. I'm pretty sure I need another N function person , I am just literally surrounded by sensors who want to know what's for dinner and sports.. I want to discuss the loftier subjects and not see eyes glaze over.
    What's the importance of contemplating over the meaning of life when you're dead? Obvious hyperbole, but nevertheless, it's all merely perspective at the end of the day.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    What's the importance of contemplating over the meaning of life when you're dead? Obvious hyperbole, but nevertheless, it's all merely perspective at the end of the day.
    Just you asking me this question is enough for me

Enneagram
    784 sx/so

Sensors and intuitives are not represntatives of two opposing hive minds each holding a unified perception of the other one.
    Sure you can have general tendencies like, for example in a negative context:
    sensors can be turned off by lack of pragmatism intuitives can often display, intuitives can see sensors as narrow minded and missing the big picture because of their focus on whatever is happening in the moment.
    Then you move on to specific sensing types and you discover some general trends in opinions about different intuitive types as well as differing opinions on the same intuitive types.
    In reality the divide isn't really that big, both sensors and intuitives have a sensing/intuitive function that they use respectively.
    The rest is colored by individual experience and prefrence.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Based off of a lot of the comments on here, it seems that many intuitives think that sensors don't really have a broad worldview and that sensors can't see things past the context that that thing is in. And while I can't speak for all sensors, it's not like I can't see past the surface. I constantly get distracted and off topic because I am thinking about how one thing relates to the other, which relates to something else, etc. One time I was too busy daydreaming that I almost ran into a car! I think one of the things that may be different for me as opposed to intuitives is that while I think from a broad worldview, my presence and decision-making is rather grounded. No matter what my broad thoughts are, I usually apply realism to whatever my thoughts or ideas are. Multiple times I have had to change my ideas because I heard that idea somewhere else and I unconsciously made it my own before going, "what does that remind me of?" and realizing that that idea has been already used.

This little post was a bit of a word fart, and in case it is incomprehensible, I'll just sum it up that sensors can also have a broad perspective, but it is usually utilized in a different way. So stop thinking that it's some intuitive-exclusive thing.
    ~Spec

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Introspector View Post
    I think one of the things that may be different for me as opposed to intuitives is that while I think from a broad worldview, my presence and decision-making is rather grounded. No matter what my broad thoughts are, I usually apply realism to whatever my thoughts or ideas are. Multiple times I have had to change my ideas because I heard that idea somewhere else and I unconsciously made it my own before going, "what does that remind me of?" and realizing that that idea has been already used.
    Doesn't sound like you're different from intuitives, but describing logic instead perhaps. Due to T/F being decision-making functions and not N/S, there is no decision an INTJ would make that isn't based on clear realism as to why. Perhaps what you're describing is more of a Te vs Ti thing, not N/S. Ie. Ti comes to decisions based on internal logic without necessarily any outside reason.

I believe the broad, generalizing, big-picture view is the essential definition of the N process, based on the MBTI test, and thus the inferior process of an Si primary.
    shhh

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dashy CVII View Post
    Doesn't sound like you're different from intuitives then. Seems that what you describe is logic. Due to T/F being decision-making functions, not N/S, there is no decision an INTJ would make that isn't based on clear realism as to why. Perhaps what you're describing is more of Te vs Ti thing, not N/S. Ie. Ti comes to decisions based on an internal logic without necessarily any outside reason.

I believe a broad, generalizing, big-picture view is the essential definition of the N process, based on the MBTI test definition. This would be an Si primary type's inferior function.
    Broad generalizing views are easy as shit. Si does that too, but the basis of both Ni and Si are different.

> Doesn't sound like you're different from intuitives then.

N and S functions can look similar depending on IQ and inclinations. It's the nitty gritty that differentiates from the phenomena. If u use Ni well, you should already know this.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken