• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] 7th function Myth

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The Trickster Role – The 7th function referred to as the trickster, or deceiving role, is a reaction against being controlled or put upon. It mirrors the eternal child of the tertiary function and is triggered when the tertiary function is threatened or bullied by the 7th function either through other’s use of it or by direct experience. It is considered a blind spot within the psyche and regarded as the weakest function overall – even weaker than the inferior function. Engaging it is an “all or nothing” affair – it is active only to be troublesome and mischievous but when it is, it can also provide comic relief

why is the 7th considered the weakest, like why is Ne easier for an ESP than ISP like if you have Se as dom wouldn't that be harder for you use Ne than Than an ISTP who depends Ti than Se because you literally see everything in Se terms than someone sees things those in less Se terms cause sometimes ISPs don't even use Se they use Ni

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
Looking at N-S and T-F as gradients, where a person is not completely "S" as much as falls on the left gradient of S--N, then it may make sense that being a Pe primarily focused on the moment will also subconsciously utilize some Ne here-and-there. N is still the inferior of S, but since Se-Ne are the functions most focused on the external moment, as external perception, Ne is about "what else is going on here:" the behind the curtain, the intuitive/big picture of the moment, the un-sensed of the moment, Ne is very attuned to the clues and cues of the moment.

ESPs not will be great at it though. Just like you can't have an INTP who's good at Fi, that's another type entirely, perhaps INxJ. An INTP might say they're great at Se, but they're really just great at Ne. In other words, sometimes Se and Ne can apparently do some of the same things, being external perception, but they have very different focuses with their similar processes. Knowledgable INTPs might even be lying to themselves in a way about being strong at Se, because Ne reads into things a lot, it is not pure sensing, and the level of changing their external world to mean something else is extreme. Ne is not "what if." It's "it is! until you can show why not," and that can at times be uncomfortable for Ni/Se types. I realize I do the same thing with my internal perceptions: raw facts are never so for the Ni type, they must be construed as abstract blocks and keys to new doors. Another example is, I am rather terrible at Si, but I must admit as a Pi type who ignores external perception, Si does come up and sneak up sometimes. I don't think INTJs are great at Si and it's definitely weaker than Se, but it's there.

My function strength I think is: Ni > Te > Fi >> Se > Ne > then Ti/Fe/Si. I originally wouldn't have put Ti so low, but as someone studious of JCF and Lenore Thomson, I now know that Te is where my thinking and logic comes from, it's thinking framed in an objective and consensual light.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're confusing two different systems here. In Beebe's system (the one in which the 7th function is called the Trickster), the 8th function (Demonic) is considered the weakest, not the 7th. In Socionics, the function that would be the 7th function in MBTI by stack correspondence (but is in fact the 4th function in Model A) is considered the weakest function and Point of Least Resistance. This is because of the lettering system in Socionics. For example, an ILI's PoLR would be Fe because Fe in dominant position has the letter combo EFj, and ILI shares none of these letters (ITp). People who claim the 7th function is also the weakest in MBTI are combining these two systems, even though they're very different.