• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

HBDI to MBTI Conversion Matrix

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I just read my first ten pages on the HBDI.

Given that:

A = T
B = S
C = F
D = N

It implies that:

A, D, B, C = ENTJ, INTP
A, B, D, C = ESTJ, ISTP

D, A, C, B = INTJ, ENTP
D, C, A, B = INFJ, ENFP

B, A, C, D = ISTJ, ESTP
B, C, A, D = ISFJ, ESFP

C, D, B, A = ENFJ, INFP
C, B, D, A = ESFJ, ISFP

What do you all think?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
does it have application to the real world? if so, how?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Given that:

A = T
B = S
C = F
D = N

It implies that:

A, D, B, C = ENTJ, INTP
A, B, D, C = ESTJ, ISTP

D, A, C, B = INTJ, ENTP
D, C, A, B = INFJ, ENFP

B, A, C, D = ISTJ, ESTP
B, C, A, D = ISFJ, ESFP

C, D, B, A = ENFJ, INFP
C, B, D, A = ESFJ, ISFP

What do you all think?

I think you repeated theoretical functional order, excluding Introversion/Extraversion of functions, and substituted arbitrary letters for T, F, S and N in a patterned way.

This also resulted in flattening of IJ/EP variants and EJ/IP variants of types in such a way that it shows they are opposite expressions of the same basic thing.

What you did was obvious... the question is, to what end might you have done it? I have no clue.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Dear Athenian200

Are you at all aquinted with the HBDI? I am not saying that _I_ invented anything new. Only that this typology sort of seems to be a reductionistic version of the MBTI.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
im acquainted with HBDI. i agree with what you pair everything with. i understand what you did too. question is, what is the application? if this is just a simplification of MBTI, or if that is your goal, great, but if it has no application besides that then fine. the only reason we have systems like MBTI or HBDI is to describe something we dont understand. one cannot define what T is or what S is or N or whatever in the brain so we come up with a model to represent such processes.

i agree that it is "reductionistic", but personally i dont want to change a model that describes something we cant define pretty well. you could also be "reductionistic" by using the temperaments or the functions.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That's one step in removing function BS. Take it five more and you've got yourself a deal.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Dear Athenian200

Are you at all aquinted with the HBDI? I am not saying that _I_ invented anything new. Only that this typology sort of seems to be a reductionistic version of the MBTI.

Oh. Actually, I guess I'm not. :blushing: If that was your point, those are the letters used in HBDI to connote HDBI traits (and presuming it doesn't go into much more depth in differentiation of the traits in a way you failed to account for), and the MBTI letters are good approximations of them, then I would agree with you.

To be honest, I've heard of HBDI before, but I wasn't able to research it because all the information about it seems to cost money.