• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trusting Your Intuition

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intuition is essentially running with an assumption. I definitely don’t do this with people, as in who to trust. I take face value and look to action. Doesn’t matter what I *feel* about them, although I am aware I have gut feelings. I tend to note it and place that in the background. Letting them present me with who they are.

But I do use intuition in situations and with things. Mainly with *timing*. The right time to act is intuitive to me.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Intuition is essentially running with an assumption. I definitely don’t do this with people, as in who to trust. I take face value and look to action. Doesn’t matter what I *feel* about them, although I am aware I have gut feelings. I tend to note it and place that in the background. Letting them present me with who they are.

But I do use intuition in situations and with things. Mainly with *timing*. The right time to act is intuitive to me.

Would you say relating to timing as in recognizing opportunities when they present themselves and sort of just leaping at them? I'm curious what you mean here if you'd be able to clarify.

I would say I certainly have an intuition with timing in the sense that I see opportunities present themselves that would better my position or gain me access to something that is right for me. This can relate to my career and finding ways to prove my abilities to the right people without doing so in an obvious and "look at me" sort of way, but it also pertains to more general areas of my life and somehow chatting up the right people or coming across open doors that seem to be just waiting for me to enter. It's never some thought out process either, where I am consciously analyzing a situation and making a direct lunge towards this or that, but it tends to be something more fluid and natural feeling when navigating the social dynamic (as it relates to timing). I could owe these sort of "chance" opportunities I find myself running into to luck of the draw, perhaps that's so, but there have been many times where I might do something out of what's ordinary for me, not really thinking of it, and that action sure enough, led me to better things. I can't say for sure what I'm even talking about, I'm sort of just thinking these things on the spot as I reflect on the relationship between my intuitions and as they relate to time.

Does the above at all resemble what you were describing or do you have a completely different experience?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
...and then some. Almost clairvoyant extent.

I guess, as crazy as it sounds, I know it's correct when it does not come from myself. I can tell, very easily when it is really my own inner thoughts or almost a well.. divine inspiration for lack of a better term.
The difficult thing is I have no control over it. If I try to call upon it, if I think about it, it will never come to me.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you say relating to timing as in recognizing opportunities when they present themselves and sort of just leaping at them? I'm curious what you mean here if you'd be able to clarify.

I would say I certainly have an intuition with timing in the sense that I see opportunities present themselves that would better my position or gain me access to something that is right for me. This can relate to my career and finding ways to prove my abilities to the right people without doing so in an obvious and "look at me" sort of way, but it also pertains to more general areas of my life and somehow chatting up the right people or coming across open doors that seem to be just waiting for me to enter. It's never some thought out process either, where I am consciously analyzing a situation and making a direct lunge towards this or that, but it tends to be something more fluid and natural feeling when navigating the social dynamic (as it relates to timing). I could owe these sort of "chance" opportunities I find myself running into to luck of the draw, perhaps that's so, but there have been many times where I might do something out of what's ordinary for me, not really thinking of it, and that action sure enough, led me to better things. I can't say for sure what I'm even talking about, I'm sort of just thinking these things on the spot as I reflect on the relationship between my intuitions and as they relate to time.

Does the above at all resemble what you were describing or do you have a completely different experience?

Yeah. I think it’s the *when* to act for me. There’s opportunities all the time but idk how to describe it. Other than you know those stories about snipers waiting two days for one kill shot? Sort of like that. I recognize opportunities all day long but won’t act until it feels right to act and I cannot tell you what that is exactly. I just know it when it’s there and when I do I go all in.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah. I think it’s the *when* to act for me. There’s opportunities all the time but idk how to describe it. Other than you know those stories about snipers waiting two days for one kill shot? Sort of like that. I recognize opportunities all day long but won’t act until it feels right to act and I cannot tell you what that is exactly. I just know it when it’s there and when I do I go all in.

SeNi at its finest. Its what makes people who jump off cliffs and surf the greatest waves survive where others would certainly die - and ladykillers recognize the moment to push and the moment to pull back and wait..wait for that perfect moment to make your move and cause that addictive thrill in their target.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SeNi at its finest. Its what makes people who jump off cliffs and surf the greatest waves survive where others would certainly die - and ladykillers recognize the moment to push and the moment to pull back and wait..wait for that perfect moment to make your move and cause that addictive thrill in their target.

Haha. This is why I have issues with patience/impatience because of this. I’m equally both but when I’m patient, I have tremendous patience and when I’m impatient I can often be too hasty. Definite push/pull dynamic with that and I haven’t exactly figured that out but it’s been something consistent.