User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Default Did you experience any internal resistance when you first discovered your type(s)?

How did you feel when you found your best matched type(s)? Did you accept it? Did you resist a little bit and then accept it? Are you still resisting it in some way?
    "My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature." - Claude Monet

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

I mean I was hesitant to actually believe I'm not an introvert. But I slowly realized that I'm actually not an introvert and ENFP fits me better than my previous typings of INFJ and INFP. I wouldn't call it resistant though.
    Likes Generalist, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    Rage Se

Quote Originally Posted by Generalist View Post
    How did you feel when you found your best matched type(s)? Did you accept it? Did you resist a little bit and then accept it? Are you still resisting it in some way?
    I'm not even sure if this is my real type lol. I sort of kind of accepted it at this point, though there's a part of me that still thinks that it's wrong and I have some sort of bias/misunderstanding that I'm not addressing. I resisted my mbti type because I assumed just because I could empathize with others and came across as a kind person that I couldn't be a Ti dom. With enneagram, I didn't really resist being a 6, just didn't see it initially. I resisted the 7 wing for awhile because of not relating to the id, but understand why it fits better that what I had previously typed.

I'm still resisting I think, but more in a "what if I'm wrong" sort of way rather than "6w7 sp/so INTP is the stupidest type to exist" sort of way.
    | 6w5 3w4 1w9 sp/so | Not enough personality to have a mbti/socionics tbh |
    | Nohari Window || Johari Window || Terrible Aesthetics |
    Likes Generalist liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    461 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Si

I've gone through all the enneagram types besides 2 and about half of the MBTI types, which I think is on its own a form of resistance. It's taken me forever to finally come to this MBTI and enneagram combination. While this is the most confident I've been in terms of finding something that I believe describes me and my contradictory personality very well, I feel some resistance to accepting it because it's uncommon. (I mean, ISTP 4w3 6w5 1w9 so/sp isn't something you see every day.) I worry that I'm wrong and deep inside typing this way just because it makes me feel unique. Or I'm being oblivious about my true personality. Or I don't understand typology enough to actually type myself. I don't really want people to look at my info and think that I'm being stupid for thinking that it's possible I'm this type.
    4w3 6w5 1w9 ~ sp/sx ~ Melancholic ~ Slytherin ~ Chaotic Neutral

pull me down again and guide me into pain
    Likes The Penguin, Generalist liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLI

For a while I resisted because I was sure that I was an Extrovert. Then again, I do so much reflection and thinking, that I may miss things happen around me. Crowds and public speaking are stressful for me, like loud noises. Looking at the functions, I lead with Si and although I have Te, I'm a lot less responsible and productive with my time than someone with dominant Te. I'm still resisting Te, but it's inadvertently. I realize that I need to be a lot more disciplined, but when I don't care, it's hard for me to accomplish anything without motivation. When this happens, the only way I get things done is to just (figuratively) kick myself into getting it done because failing to get it done is worse in the long-term. Otherwise, I like decorum and tradition. I'm down to earth and practical. I'm generally no-nonsense. My brain really is like a library. I don't like drama or manipulation. I believe everyone should asses themselves before pointing blame, and that everyone should always try hard to improve themselves, while also holding themselves to their own standards. With all that in mind, yes I'm accepting my type, and for the most part, I'm proud of it.
    ISTJ 1w9-5w6-2w1 sp/sx
    Likes Jaune Valjaune, Generalist liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Generalist View Post
    I did accept it, once I had read enough to understand it, as it was obviously the best match to me. When reading descriptions of other types, there were always one or two things that I could identify with. When reading the descriptions for my own type, there was hardly anything I did not identify with. It therefore stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLI

I can be very lazy and procrastinate a lot, though. That really makes me wonder if I'm ISFP. I know that I'm Fi, and probably a sensor. I'm definitely an introvert. That only leaves ISTJ and ISFP.

ISTJ 1w9-5w6-2w1 sp/sx

Xi Jinping Strikes Again Introspector's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Te

I first thought that I was INFP, but I always doubted that I was a feeler. Fast forward a year and my doubts were right.
    THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO THE FALLEN HEROES OF MUSIC

May They Rest in Peace...

MBTI: ISTJ (Si = Te > Ti > Fi > Ne > Ni > Se > Fe)
    Enneagram: 6w5-3w4-1w9 sp/so
    Socionics: SLI-Te
    Hogwarts House: Slytherin
    D&D Alignment: Lawful Neutral

~Spec

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Nope. Made perfect sense.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Strictly regarding MBTI, I'm feeling "divergent" as fuck and it irritates me.

Hyperbole. I know that I'm an ENXJ. 100% positive I use Ni+Se (in that stacking order) and 75% sure I'm an extrovert.

But of all the many ENTJ and ENFJ type profiles I've read, neither of them fit me in totality (to the degree that MBTI attempts to do so). I feel like their bastard mutant offspring. Most of the ENTJ character descriptions focus on some cold, hyper rational, emotionally stunted, corporate, business systems oriented archetype and the ENFJ profiles veer towards warm, super caring, super nurturing, illogical, co-dependent people wranglers. I'm somewhere in between these two messes. lol

But I concede that I'm a special type of manimal. IMO, the problem is that MBTI doesn't seem to account for how upbringing, traumas (and subsequent therapy which stretches development) and neuro-developmental disorders might influence or skew someone's type. What are all the uniquely fucked up in the world to do? lol

If being empathic (HSP) and picking up on external feeling tones is inherent to type, then I'm an ENFJ. But supposedly there are HSP INTJs. And if an INTJ can be an HSP, an ENTJ should be as well, right? Because that would account for why I can better read emotions (and react to them if so inclined but not necessarily, cause they still freak me out) while still preferring to orient in the world with a Te sensibility. OR, maybe being raised around Te hammer wielders pushed me to develop higher Te?

Ugh, irritating. I just want to experience the warm, calming sensation of "knowing" my type, just once. lol