User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Gut Feelings?

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It often seems to me as if "the universe" is confirming my intuitions. By this I mean that when I follow them and start acting upon them, things just work: I see a clear way forward, I get the resources or information I need, I overcome problems readily if they emerge, etc. It feels like I am swimming with the current, not against it.
    Exactly. And the thing is, if you get a feeling that you don't want to align yourself with, you just choose to detach from the outcome, and change the script in your head. That's a key point to handle negativity and self-defeating beliefs.
    I think this is one of the main points that comes into play in relationships. When we forge a connection, it is a freaking strong connection that transcends the space-time continuum.
    Likes Tilt, Abcdenfp liked this post

Socionics
    EIE Ni

To clarify, a lot of the gut feelings aren't negative... Just gave some negative examples. A positive example: the first time I met my ISTJ friend, I knew that I wanted to be friends with him. It didn't materialize until two years later but 2 years in, we are still going on strong. Just something about his demeanor and his overall energy even though he hardly said a word.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I have gut feelings, but I just dont trust them.

johari
    nohari
    Likes Tilt liked this post

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

When there's an actual 'truth' or set of facts, I'm all about "trust but verify." Sometimes that means playing devil's advocate. Sometimes that means making a quick decision but being open to changing it. Sometimes it means grinding through as much info as I absolutely can about the subject. Checking reality's pulse from time to time is a part of wisdom and growth, which in turn enables better decisions and reduces the dreaded confirmation bias.

Though that can only happen if there actually is a 'truth' that can be checked. There's no 'truth' in moving to a different city or making a hiring decision. There are many times when I've offloaded decisions to something external -- flipping a coin, drawing up a list of pros and cons, constructing a decision matrix, etc. -- but then wound up ignoring their conclusions and rolled with what I simply felt good about.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Tilt liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

Likes Xann, Bella the Cat liked this post

Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I considered that too but I remember from the old days of type c how people used to correlate Ni with gut instinct/predictions so I was exploring that from a different angle.

I consider Ni to be geared towards pattern recognition but from a subjective vantage point.
    Likes magpie liked this post