• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Se AND Ne :ARE WE SURE OF OUR TYPES?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have been considering which of these I use the most as have come to the conclusion, as many here will have, that the type descriptions available online are inaccurate.

CONSIDERING THESE DESCRIPTIONS DO YOU STILL SEE YOURSELF AS ACCURATELY TYPED?

Have pinched these descriptions from psychologyjunkie, please chime in if you think they too are not accurate, I have my own concerns regarding some of them.

I have Italicise the parts which fit me personally and bolded the parts I identify most strongly with for each of the functions.

You are all welcome to do the same. I'd be interested in hearing anyones theories on this. Might be especially relevant to those who self type as NE as a primary function. It's really a path I am following to understand myself better but I do think it's important for progress to see what we can gleam from this holistically.

Se

Extraverted Sensors:
– Are adaptable and easy-going
– Are realistic and down-to-earth
– Are practical and matter-of-fact
– Are excited by adventure and thrills
– Live “in the moment” and prefer to focus on the here-and-now
– Are fond of concrete facts and are aware of details
– Learn best from hands-on experience
– Seek stimulation by experiencing life in a hands-on, immersive way
– Have a “live and let live” mentality
– Tend to be impulsive and trust their impulses
– Are fun-loving and optimistic
– Pride themselves on being bold, unconventional, and spontaneous
– Prize freedom
– See all the details around them

Extraverted Intuitives:
– Are always thinking of possibilities and what “could be”
– Focus on the future much more than the present
– Are original and independent
– Love to start and initiate creative projects, but struggle with completing projects
– Work in bursts of impulsive energy
– Hate routine
– Seek and trust inspiration and are willing to follow it anywhere.
– Tend to be enthusiastic and good with people
– Love to inspire and motivate others
– Find hidden patterns, possibilities, and potentials
– See so many alternatives that they can have trouble focusing on just one thing
– Are open-minded and slow to form premature conclusions
– See things in impressions and focus on “the big picture”

How the Extraverted Sensor Thinks:

Extraverted sensors are some of the most realistic personality types. They see things as they are and accept facts readily, making the most of whatever situation they find themselves in. Where the Ne-user sees what “could be” and is always striving to see potential, the Se-user sees what “is” and tries to enjoy and use what they can in the moment. They are extremely observant and aware of all the details of their physical world, and often know how to maneuver throughout life in a graceful way because of their awareness.
In language, Se-users are direct and concrete. They see little point in beating around the bush or rambling. They can quickly and practically evaluate situations and people to make sound estimations regarding their usefulness and abilities.

Se-users enjoy the world, their surroundings, and the people in their lives without feeling the need to change them. This gives them a very easy-going, live-and-let-live personality which others find enjoyable and freeing to be around. They believe in accepting everyone for who they already are, and they’re unlikely to push anyone to fit a particular mold. This doesn’t mean they never get irritated at other people’s differences, but they’re unlikely to dwell on it for long, instead focusing on how to make the best of who that person already is without alterations.

Se-users are very hands-on people, and tend to be kinesthetic learners as children. They learn best by doing, and would rather just get right into something and work with it with their hands than read a manual or spend a lot of time in intense study. They have remarkable physical knowledge and the ability to grasp how things work as they feel them physically.

While Se-users may not be the ones to grab a manual when they’re trying to fix something, they still love to collect facts. They are curious and excited by new and novel things. They often have a tremendous storehouse of facts on random subjects in their mind and they are always curious to know more.

Se-users thrive on experiencing new sensory pleasures; new food, scenery, people, activities, adventures. Se-users trust their impulses and believe in enjoying life to the fullest. They love physical enjoyment, from good food to quality clothes, music, artwork, and even the beauties of nature. They believe life is to be grasped and enjoyed, not changed or altered. They often make fun-loving companions, gifted storytellers, and open-minded confidantes.
New things that cannot be grasped or enjoyed by the senses are less interesting to Se-users; abstract ideas, theories, or existential conversations. Because Se-users are above all focused on what is real, focusing on theories and unproven, unseen possibilities can bore them.
Se-Users prefer to live without a detailed plan, and hate to be micro-managed. They thrive on freedom and taking care of problems as they arise. Because they are less focus on what things “could” be or how things “should” be, they are able to fully enjoy all the blessings of the moment. When it comes to a crisis, Se-users are the best types to have on hand. They are quick to find solutions and take in the details around them, finding rapid ways to alter their surroundings to solve a problem or get out of a precarious situation. They fully believe that they will find solutions as problems arise, and don’t waste time worrying about negative possibilities. Worry is deemed wasteful and useless to the Se-user. They thrive on being fearless, brave, and optimistic.

How the Extraverted Intuitive Thinks:

Ne-users are driven by their inspirations and by intuitive visions of what could be. They have extremely active minds that are always giving them flashes of potential outcomes. Ne users are driven by intense bursts of energy and inspiration that push them forward like a flood, urging them to realize their visions. They find the world of possibilities and new innovations and adventures nearly irresistible in its pull. The only problem with this, is that once their vision is seen or believed in by other individuals they can often lose their interest in it and be driven by another new idea or possibility. While Judging types might consider the Ne-lifestyle fickle and ever-changing, it’s not to be looked down upon. Ne-users make sure that human inspirations are not wasted, that dreams see the light of day, and that possibilities are believed in. Walt Disney, an Ne-dominant personality type, conceived many more ideas than he ever built to completion, yet he was able to change the world and with his vision, and the help of other great minds, he was able to see many of his inspirations become a reality.

Ne-dominants lives tend to be a series of projects; they live from one possibility to the next. Being their friend is sure to inspire you and open your mind to innovative new ideas. The Ne-users imagination is boundless and intensely creative. Oscar Wilde, Alduous Huxley, Hunter S. Thompson, J.R.R. Tolkien were all Ne-users who saw their imaginative visions come to life in their stories. Unlike Se-users, who see what “is” and have a very realistic, down-to-earth view of the world, Ne-users are driven by what “could be” and are rarely satisfied at leaving things as they are. Everything must be improved upon, everything must reach imaginative new heights.

Ne-users are open-minded with their friends and loved ones. They enter relationships and friendships with a desire to be inspired and learn something new. They are slow to form conclusions or to judge anyone, and they’re always up for hearing a new perspective on something. They love discussing theories, plans, possibilities, and abstract ideas. They can enjoy a good debate and love long discussions about the endless opportunities and visions their intuition gives them.
Ne-users are sometimes idealistic about their partners in relationships. Because they are so focused on the potential of everything, they can try to motivate their partners to try new things or reach new goals. This can be a very positive thing, but it can also be a negative thing if their partner feels like they are always being pushed to grow and are never okay just as they are.

Ne-dominant personalities are known for being labeled ‘gifted’ in school. They tend to score above average on aptitude tests, but they perform middle-of-the-road in terms of grades.
ENFPs sometimes struggle in school, because they need something that sparks their imagination to keep their mind focused on their studies. Rote bookwork and repetition is incredibly boring and frustrating for them to live with. Their minds wander to more imaginative pathways if they aren’t being stimulated by what their teachers are showing them. For this reason they sometimes are mislabeled as ADHD because they can have trouble paying attention in class if their teachers are more focused on repetition, memorization, and cold hard facts.

Going by these descriptions I clearly self identify as Ne over Se. However does anyone disagree or want to improve on these descriptions. Alternatively does anyone think I am interpreting how I use these incorrectly. I understand I have been somewhat conditioned into thinking that Se is less suitable due to the bias of sites such as this one.

Last edited:

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Ne and Se can often seem similar. I think people especially tend to confuse ENFPs and ESFPs sometimes.
Reading this, I still identify more with Ne. Though I could see someone arguing that I have some Se qualities, I personally live in a world of possibilities and "What if?" questions. It's hard to explain, but if all the functions Ne is the one that clicks and resonates with me the most-which is what led me to figure out my type.

Though I do think it's hard to generalize academic proficiency and "intelligence" based on type. These comments say that Ne types perform better on aptitude tests than gradewise. For me, it's always been the opposite. Then again, I have a tendency to panic with large high stakes tests ESPECIALLY when the teacher indicates how much time is left. That drives me nuts and has sent me into several mental breakdowns in the past. I always feel that any sort of test (whether it be standardized or an IQ test) has often underestimated me or didn't truly grasp my qualities—particularly the IQ test I took at about the age of 12/13. Then again, I think the administrator was a quack. You just don't tell someone "You're results indicate a potential learning disability" then never address it again, give no attempt at an explanation, and provide no possible suggested mechanisms to make learning easier. As it turns out, I'm fairly certain I do not have a learning disability. However, if a professional who is supposed to be helping a person thinks something might be an issue, that's an avenue that needs to be explored thoroughly in case it's actually a problem. Sorry, I got a bit off track.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
For example. Let's we have a girl who approach N type:
Se: "He is too complicated for me..." bye... Se>Ni
Ne: "Why must he to be so complicated!!!" :wubbie: Ne>Si

Another example is a sense of style..
Ne is a lot nerd in the sense of style and can be very forgetful (inf Si) while Se is obsessive about how he/she looks and value experience.
Ne is all about future and multiple possibilities (very aware of this since this is the most open-minded function) while Se lives in the present but attach to past... and have very narrow minded views in some point (thinks that knows what future bring Ni) and then suddenly change...(improvisation of Se)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For example. Let's we have a girl who approach N type:
Se: "He is too complicated for me..." bye... Se>Ni
Ne: "Why must he to be so complicated!!!" :wubbie: Ne>Si

Another example is a sense of style..
Ne is a lot nerd in the sense of style and can be very forgetful (inf Si) while Se is obsessive about how he/she looks and value experience.
Ne is all about future and multiple possibilities (very aware of this since this is the most open-minded function) while Se lives in the present but attach to past... and have very narrow minded views in some point (thinks that knows what future bring Ni) and then suddenly change...(improvisation of Se)

IMO the bolded Ne "oh complicated, let me figure this out, how interesting, how do I unlock the potential"

NB* See my sig

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The type descriptions actually helped me to decide that I'm an INTP rather than an INTJ (which I almost always score on online tests). I weighted the type descriptions in Myers and Briggs' book because the book is authoritative, but the online descriptions match it well.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The type descriptions actually helped me to decide that I'm an INTP rather than an INTJ (which I almost always score on online tests). I weighted the type descriptions in Myers and Briggs' book because the book is authoritative, but the online descriptions match it well.

Any excerpts from the book you wish to share on Se and Ne?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nNnnnnn I have like zero situational awareness, Ne it is

Did you have a look at the descriptions in the OP, an acute awareness of ones physical surroundings is part of the Se description but only part. I probably have an average awareness myself. But there are other parts I do and don't identify with.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Did you have a look at the descriptions in the OP, an acute awareness of ones physical surroundings is part of the Se description but only part. I probably have an average awareness myself. But there are other parts I do and don't identify with.

Ne traits fit me more, yeah

I can relate to both axes to an extent. I've typed as INFP at the very beginning when I first joined this site, and then not long after switched to ISFP after realizing I may actually be on the Se-Ni axis instead. I'm currently not identifying as any MBTI type due to not relating to certain aspects of the Se function, as I usually test very highly on both Si and Ne, low on Se, and average to high on Ni. I went along and bolded parts of both descriptions I related to in the spoilers here.

My issue is that I'm unable to discern whether I've become a more intuitive ISFP as I've grown older, or perhaps I was just a little more concrete than usual for a young INFP child. I know I've always been heavily idealistic and future-oriented since I was very young, but my younger self was also naturally fixated on a more concrete style of artistry than abstract. I became more experimental with conceptual ideas in my late teens, a reason why I think it may have been tert-Ni that was starting to develop back then. Plus I was always a visual arts person and not a writer of any sort. So it makes sense on paper to assume Se-Ni, though there are still many attributes from Ne-Si that I relate to as well. It's also probable that my enneagram type is the culprit for projecting a more intuitive than average ISFP in myself, being an e4 and all. It would largely explain why I don't relate to some of the Se-Ni descriptions.

So yeah, not sure where I am going with this exactly, but I suppose, depending on other factors, that it's very possible to relate highly to more than one type description, especially since I did see possible overlaps for each. Generally speaking, I think this is one of the better Se-Ni descriptions I've seen. I still wonder if I'm interpreting everything wrong myself though when going through these checklists, so I guess I can't really help there. Ime, there seems to be many different interpretations and opinions regarding type descriptions, thus making it hard to meet a consensus. I think in the end, it all comes down to what your own gut feeling is telling you.

BTW, I loved Betty Blue, assuming you are named after the French film.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't believe assigning personality traits to functions is a very good way of differing between type because of subjectivity. Practicality or independence can look very different depending on who you're asking and how they apply their own definitions to the words. A Te dom may consider themselves independent because of their critical thinking skills while a Se dom may consider themselves independent because of their nonconformity, but both will use the same word. Application is the only sure way to know what function you use.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't believe assigning personality traits to functions is a very good way of differing between type because of subjectivity. Practicality or independence can look very different depending on who you're asking and how they apply their own definitions to the words. A Te dom may consider themselves independent because of their critical thinking skills while a Se dom may consider themselves independent because of their nonconformity, but both will use the same word. Application is the only sure way to know what function you use.

So what would you consider a good measure of evaluation?

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I'm still Se Dom, this is a neat thread ^_^ Thanks

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I type as Ne dom so lets look.

Se

Extraverted Sensors:
– Are adaptable and easy-going - I am not very adaptable tbh
– Are realistic and down-to-earth - I am told I am very irrational actually.
– Are practical and matter-of-fact - probably no
– Are excited by adventure and thrills - no
– Live “in the moment” and prefer to focus on the here-and-now - Present? what's that?
– Are fond of concrete facts and are aware of details - okay I do like facts.
– Learn best from hands-on experience - I actually learn best by either books or watching someone else do it. XD
– Seek stimulation by experiencing life in a hands-on, immersive way - no
– Have a “live and let live” mentality - Depends. If living and let live allows you to hurt someone else no. Anything else yea its your life bro.
– Tend to be impulsive and trust their impulses - I am impulsive but I don't trust it lol.
– Are fun-loving and optimistic - Kinda?
– Pride themselves on being bold, unconventional, and spontaneous - no.
– Prize freedom - yea
– See all the details around them - not really.

Extraverted Intuitives:
– Are always thinking of possibilities and what “could be” - hell ye
– Focus on the future much more than the present - yep
– Are original and independent - Kinda? I don't know if I conciously think I am original but I am pretty independent.
– Love to start and initiate creative projects, but struggle with completing projects - ...*looks at my 15 stories*... yeah this seems really relevant...
– Work in bursts of impulsive energy - YES
– Hate routine - actually no I make routines. I hate when other people impose their routines to fuck with my routine. :D
– Seek and trust inspiration and are willing to follow it anywhere. - I don't trust myself easily so no.
– Tend to be enthusiastic and good with people - I am enthusiastic af but I suck at peopleing. XD
– Love to inspire and motivate others - yas.
– Find hidden patterns, possibilities, and potentials - Kinda?
– See so many alternatives that they can have trouble focusing on just one thing - yea
– Are open-minded and slow to form premature conclusions - Mmmm I think I jump to conclusions too easily sometimes.
– See things in impressions and focus on “the big picture” - yea

so as originally thought...I agree more with Ne. and I have little Se. :p

Extraverted sensors are some of the most realistic personality types. They see things as they are and accept facts readily, making the most of whatever situation they find themselves in. Where the Ne-user sees what “could be” and is always striving to see potential, the Se-user sees what “is” and tries to enjoy and use what they can in the moment. They are extremely observant and aware of all the details of their physical world, and often know how to maneuver throughout life in a graceful way because of their awareness.
In language, Se-users are direct and concrete. They see little point in beating around the bush or rambling. They can quickly and practically evaluate situations and people to make sound estimations regarding their usefulness and abilities.

Se-users enjoy the world, their surroundings, and the people in their lives without feeling the need to change them. This gives them a very easy-going, live-and-let-live personality which others find enjoyable and freeing to be around. They believe in accepting everyone for who they already are, and they’re unlikely to push anyone to fit a particular mold. This doesn’t mean they never get irritated at other people’s differences, but they’re unlikely to dwell on it for long, instead focusing on how to make the best of who that person already is without alterations.

Se-users are very hands-on people, and tend to be kinesthetic learners as children. They learn best by doing, and would rather just get right into something and work with it with their hands than read a manual or spend a lot of time in intense study. They have remarkable physical knowledge and the ability to grasp how things work as they feel them physically.

While Se-users may not be the ones to grab a manual when they’re trying to fix something, they still love to collect facts. They are curious and excited by new and novel things. They often have a tremendous storehouse of facts on random subjects in their mind and they are always curious to know more. (this actually seems like a lot of INTPs I know of, the random facts on random subjects of choice, but they are Ne users)

Se-users thrive on experiencing new sensory pleasures; new food, scenery, people, activities, adventures. Se-users trust their impulses and believe in enjoying life to the fullest. They love physical enjoyment, from good food to quality clothes, music, artwork, and even the beauties of nature. They believe life is to be grasped and enjoyed, not changed or altered. They often make fun-loving companions, gifted storytellers, and open-minded confidantes.
New things that cannot be grasped or enjoyed by the senses are less interesting to Se-users; abstract ideas, theories, or existential conversations. Because Se-users are above all focused on what is real, focusing on theories and unproven, unseen possibilities can bore them.
Se-Users prefer to live without a detailed plan, and hate to be micro-managed. They thrive on freedom and taking care of problems as they arise. Because they are less focus on what things “could” be or how things “should” be, they are able to fully enjoy all the blessings of the moment. When it comes to a crisis, Se-users are the best types to have on hand. They are quick to find solutions and take in the details around them, finding rapid ways to alter their surroundings to solve a problem or get out of a precarious situation. They fully believe that they will find solutions as problems arise, and don’t waste time worrying about negative possibilities. Worry is deemed wasteful and useless to the Se-user. They thrive on being fearless, brave, and optimistic.

Ne-users are driven by their inspirations and by intuitive visions of what could be. They have extremely active minds that are always giving them flashes of potential outcomes. Ne users are driven by intense bursts of energy and inspiration that push them forward like a flood, urging them to realize their visions. They find the world of possibilities and new innovations and adventures nearly irresistible in its pull. The only problem with this, is that once their vision is seen or believed in by other individuals they can often lose their interest in it and be driven by another new idea or possibility. While Judging types might consider the Ne-lifestyle fickle and ever-changing, it’s not to be looked down upon. Ne-users make sure that human inspirations are not wasted, that dreams see the light of day, and that possibilities are believed in. Walt Disney, an Ne-dominant personality type, conceived many more ideas than he ever built to completion, yet he was able to change the world and with his vision, and the help of other great minds, he was able to see many of his inspirations become a reality.

Ne-dominants lives tend to be a series of projects; they live from one possibility to the next. Being their friend is sure to inspire you and open your mind to innovative new ideas. The Ne-users imagination is boundless and intensely creative. Oscar Wilde, Alduous Huxley, Hunter S. Thompson, J.R.R. Tolkien were all Ne-users who saw their imaginative visions come to life in their stories. Unlike Se-users, who see what “is” and have a very realistic, down-to-earth view of the world, Ne-users are driven by what “could be” and are rarely satisfied at leaving things as they are. Everything must be improved upon, everything must reach imaginative new heights.

Ne-users are open-minded with their friends and loved ones. They enter relationships and friendships with a desire to be inspired and learn something new. They are slow to form conclusions or to judge anyone, and they’re always up for hearing a new perspective on something. They love discussing theories, plans, possibilities, and abstract ideas. They can enjoy a good debate and love long discussions about the endless opportunities and visions their intuition gives them.
Ne-users are sometimes idealistic about their partners in relationships. Because they are so focused on the potential of everything, they can try to motivate their partners to try new things or reach new goals. This can be a very positive thing, but it can also be a negative thing if their partner feels like they are always being pushed to grow and are never okay just as they are.

Ne-dominant personalities are known for being labeled ‘gifted’ in school. They tend to score above average on aptitude tests, but they perform middle-of-the-road in terms of grades.
ENFPs sometimes struggle in school, because they need something that sparks their imagination to keep their mind focused on their studies. Rote bookwork and repetition is incredibly boring and frustrating for them to live with. Their minds wander to more imaginative pathways if they aren’t being stimulated by what their teachers are showing them. For this reason they sometimes are mislabeled as ADHD because they can have trouble paying attention in class if their teachers are more focused on repetition, memorization, and cold hard facts.

I think reading this I am obviously Ne > Se.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will bold what I relate to most, but will have to comment later.

Se

Extraverted Sensors:
– Prize freedom

Extraverted Intuitives:
– Love to start and initiate creative projects, but struggle with completing projects
– Hate routine
– See so many alternatives that they can have trouble focusing on just one thing
– See things in impressions and focus on “the big picture”

Extraverted sensors are some of the most realistic personality types. They see things as they are and accept facts readily, making the most of whatever situation they find themselves in. Where the Ne-user sees what “could be” and is always striving to see potential, the Se-user sees what “is” and tries to enjoy and use what they can in the moment. They are extremely observant and aware of all the details of their physical world, and often know how to maneuver throughout life in a graceful way [lol] because of their awareness.

While Se-users may not be the ones to grab a manual when they’re trying to fix something, they still love to collect facts. They are curious and excited by new and novel things. They often have a tremendous storehouse of facts on random subjects in their mind and they are always curious to know more.

Ne-users are driven by their inspirations and by intuitive visions of what could be. They have extremely active minds that are always giving them flashes of potential outcomes [actually, I get flashes of potential outcomes from the past as much as the future] . Ne users are driven by intense bursts of energy and inspiration that push them forward like a flood, urging them to realize their visions. They find the world of possibilities and new innovations and adventures nearly irresistible in its pull. The only problem with this, is that once their vision is seen or believed in by other individuals they can often lose their interest in it and be driven by another new idea or possibility. While Judging types might consider the Ne-lifestyle fickle and ever-changing, it’s not to be looked down upon. Ne-users make sure that human inspirations are not wasted, that dreams see the light of day, and that possibilities are believed in. Walt Disney, an Ne-dominant personality type, conceived many more ideas than he ever built to completion, yet he was able to change the world and with his vision, and the help of other great minds, he was able to see many of his inspirations become a reality.

[Actually, I have tuned out in class due to them taking too long to get around to the main points/facts, spending too much time in tangents and abstractions that it's clear we will not be using again. My sense of this has proven to be pretty accurate. If I can steal my headspace back, the temptation to do so is hard to resist, but in a way I do agree with those who would reprimand me for this - that this tendency is amoral and purely self-oriented. There are more reasons to be present than whether the content is necessary to myself, and I should look out for and consider them where I find them. You could say that I prefer and have confidence in my function that determines which information resonates with me and my goals, and that it is strong but is immature in the absence of a more human supporting function.]

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what would you consider a good measure of evaluation?

You will get the most unclouded results by educating yourself on the Jungian cognitive functions and self-evaluating. It is very easy to mistype when relying firsthand on dichotomies or stereotypes.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You will get the most unclouded results by educating yourself on the Jungian cognitive functions and self-evaluating. It is very easy to mistype when relying firsthand on dichotomies or stereotypes.

Nothing works better than introspection.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Lol yes, but which ones? and which ones fit best? do any of the Se descriptions fit you at all?

According to Jungian functions, Si fits me the most, followed by Te. [MENTION=35569]notmyapples[/MENTION] has a point.

According to MBTI, I would be an INTP, because it relies on personality trait descriptors.

Extraverted Sensors:
– Prize freedom

Extraverted Intuitives:
– Love to start and initiate creative projects, but struggle with completing projects (Me af)
– Hate routine

– See things in impressions and focus on “the big picture” - or the long view

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The jungian cognitive function descriptions vary wildly from the mbti ones. could you post them?

Be good to contrast these.