• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Theory and Mbti

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just say that larger intellect is much more harder to be handle with psychically functions then abstract functions. Do you know how many cases your ter Ne can produce? As many as your Si allowed so when you are under stress you probbaly think about numerous cases flooding into your mind try to logical justify inf Ti. It is like you have a books in your mind in order and then something appear and smash this order...so your Ti must start again to categorize all so your Fe can work normal. N does not have this problem. We have a much more dangerous problems like health for example so god bless intelligence is natural to us. ;)

People are way too complex for typology, especially MBTI, to explain so neatly. And since intellect doesn't correlate to / isn't caused by S or N or any other function, they don't have any such effect on how to 'handle' it. I certainly don't operate in such a cut and dry, MBTI-handbook manner when it comes to how I think.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
People are way too complex for typology, especially MBTI, to explain so neatly. And since intellect doesn't correlate to / isn't caused by S or N or any other function, they don't have any such effect on how to 'handle' it. I certainly don't operate in such a cut and dry, MBTI-handbook manner when it comes to how I think.

Like your Ne constantly says "Why? This can be interesting..." and your Si be like: "No no...stay in the course...stay in the course...":D
Intelligence is about curiosity for things around you, use logic to explain that and when you have a functions which opposes your mind (like your Ti who is suffocated like literally by ethics, order and curiosity this is how you get in trouble. Do you know how many clever ESFPs is out there? Many of them, you can be shocked and all of them's heads are one big mass because their intelligence is contradiction to their functions. It looks like you put Windows 10 on 2006 computer! :cry:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Like your Ne constantly says "Why? This could be interesting..." and your Si be like: "No no...stay in the course...stay in the course...":D
Intelligence is about curiosity for things around you, use logic to explain that and when you have a functions which opposes yours like mind (like your Ti who is suffocated like literally by ethics, order and curiosity this is how you get in trouble. Do you know how many clever ESFPs is out there? Many of them, you can be shocked and all of them's heads are one big mass because their intelligence is contradictions to their functions. :cry:

I don't actually think like that at all. I'm not mistyped, I'm just more complex than typology allows for. Not textbook. Anyone is capable of being curious about anything that interests them. It's just not type related. Perhaps the type of topics that interest them could have some weak correlation with it, but not curiosity itself. I definitely am not suffocated by ethics, order, or curiosity. This is the thing I hate the most about the application of MBTI and having my type listed - because it's not an accurate shorthand for me, who I am, or how I think or act, because it is too limited.

The interaction between my Si and Ne can be summarized better by "don't try to fix what isn't broken," aka don't fuck up a perfectly good system for no reason. I hate change for t he sake of change. If it isn't a practical or efficient change, then it's just a nuisance. I also would avoid generalizing intelligent ESFPs as all being unable to communicate their thoughts. No statement that generalized "all" of any one thing is correct, that's just impossible.

As for my Ti, it's quite picky and can even sometimes be mean. It constantly nitpicks definitions and cherrypicks the faults with what it examines as a way to bring to light any potential problems before they arise and work through them now rather than later. And since it is a lot more blunt and interrogative than my Fe, which is more 'bubbly', it always makes people think I'm mad at them.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Like your Ne constantly says "Why? This can be interesting..." and your Si be like: "No no...stay in the course...stay in the course...":D Intelligence is about curiosity for things around you, use logic to explain that and when you have a functions which opposes your mind (like your Ti who is suffocated like literally by ethics, order and curiosity this is how you get in trouble. Do you know how many clever ESFPs is out there? Many of them, you can be shocked and all of them's heads are one big mass because their intelligence is contradiction to their functions. It looks like you put Windows 10 on 2006 computer! :cry:
Intelligence is not determined by level of curiosity. I really don't see a correlation there. And no one is curious about everything. We are also all curious about something. Also, there is the framework of multiple intelligences. I think that's the best way to look at intelligence because there's really no one "true" way to measure it.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And in regards to the first post, a theory is not fundamentally true and is subject to further revision and even being discarded.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Intelligence is not determined by level of curiosity. I really don't see a correlation there. And no one is curious about everything. We are also all curious about something. Also, there is the framework of multiple intelligences. I think that's the best way to look at intelligence because there's really no one "true" way to measure it.

Only intelligent being as a child will seek, go around and ask: "What is it? "Why is that?" "How does it work?" while stupid just do whatever else!
Just look on the children. Look at the scientist on past. Look how they were looking. What do they think?
Rebellion is a great start for intelligence but not all rebels start it because most of them are just fools who follow trends or blindly follow command. ;)

Mole

Permabanned
And in regards to the first post, a theory is not fundamentally true and is subject to further revision and even being discarded.

This is true. Take the theory of Quantum Mechanics. We can now measure Quantum Mechanics to ten decimal places. This does not make it absolutely true, nonetheless it does make it very, very, very likely to be true. It means the chances of it being discarded are almost zero. What it means for the lay person is that the theory of Quantum Mechanics is as close to a fact as we are ever likely to get.