Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default The Golden Pair

Why do some people consider the INTP and INFJ relationship to be so ideal?

INFJ-INTP Relationships & Compatibility: Part I

INFJ-INTP The Golden Pair – Boy Sosa

Myers-Briggs(R) and Relationships - Why INFJs and INTPs Fall For Each Other - Psychology Junkie

4 Reasons Why INFJs and INTPs Are Highly Compatible with Each Other

My wife is convinced I am INTP and she is INFJ, so I decided to research this matter.
    You and whose army?

Blogs:

Apeiron

Dr. Anaximander's Used Music Bin

phallus impudicus

I think I recall reading that many think that this is a better deal for the INTP, presumably because the INFJ will "boost" the INTP's inferior Fe, but the INFJ will not receive the same in regards to Se.

I do think this is a fair match though because of shared Ti (and I suppose Fe by default), and also complimentary (as in opposite) intuitive views.

I could see the INFJ getting irritated with the INTP over inferior Fe and PoLR Se stuff though, in theory at least.
    Likes Doctor Anaximander, chickpea liked this post

The golden pair? I had some snarky innuendos I was going to use.

But, I’ll just show myself out.
    ”The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Dunno. Why is INTJ + ENFP considered a natural partnership? I don't see it in a romantic relationship at all. BFF's more likely.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes chickpea, Yama liked this post

phallus impudicus

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Dunno. Why is INTJ + ENFP considered a natural partnership? I don't see it in a romantic relationship at all. BFF's more likely.
    I don't think the stereotypical ENFP and INTJ are a good romantic match necessarily. Picture the whimsical and hyper ENFP 7 So/Sx and the serious and withdrawn INTJ 5 Sx/Sp as a couple. Even though they are complimentary instinctual flows, I just don't really see them lasting very long (in theory) because they'll constantly be moving in opposite directions.

But, if you took an ENFP 4w5 and an INTJ 5w4 with complimentary instincts, I think it could work quite well.
    Likes Tiger Owl liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I don't think the stereotypical ENFP and INTJ are a good romantic match necessarily. Picture the whimsical and hyper ENFP 7 So/Sx and the serious and withdrawn INTJ 5 Sx/Sp as a couple. Even though they are complimentary instinctual flows, I just don't really see them lasting very long (in theory) because they'll constantly be moving in opposite directions.

But, if you took an ENFP 4w5 and an INTJ 5w4 with complimentary instincts, I think it could work quite well.
    Yes I can see this. I've heard plenty of people say I shouldn't be with an ENFJ 9w8 either. I think many types can have fine relationships. Mental health is far more of a predictor of success than anything else.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I’m a 9, my wife is probably a 4 or a 6w7
    You and whose army?

Blogs:

Apeiron

Dr. Anaximander's Used Music Bin

phallus impudicus

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I’m a 9, my wife is probably a 4 or a 6w7
    Is she Sp-first? If not, I can't really see confusing a 4 for a 6w7. The envy in So and Sx 4s is pretty obvious to close intimates. It's less obvious with the Sp (countertype) but I think you'd still see a fair bit of sensitivity and occasional brief periods of "woe is me."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

I thought the formula was INxJ and ENxP (each x with opposing preferences)

While I thought to find some INTP women attractive. I don’t often see them as “the one”. I often think of being with INTP women as I think this could be a really cute relationship only then tend to find out she has this ocd tendencies and hate how I do everything so non-sensical. I’m like well it works right? (Aux Je) then she’ll be like no, the process matters just as much too! (Dom Ji)

Oh and an INFJ clashing with the inferior Fe. Ooh that can be tough.

So in theoretical terms. It actually may proven to be more difficult because she may enjoy the Fe I might give and may even turn her on. Too much of her shadow function being used turns her the wrong way and she can be so irrational contrast to the dominant thinking. Eh.....

And on the INFJ’s part they have secret wish fulfillment with their Se that their INTP will have to tell them to look elsewhere.

But this is all theoretical so I wouldn’t say they’re the golden pair (ENTP’s would be more optimal).

Imo I think INFJ and INTJ’s would be the golden pair but that’s just a speculation not even founded by experience.

So that’s my take.
    Likes highlander liked this post

LARK + any type, is a recipe for awesome if I'm honest.