• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jung, Freud & WW II

Mole

Permabanned
To start to understand mbti we ask where was Jung during WW II, and where was Freud?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My loose guess is that Jung was with pedophillic priests doing astrology, and Freud was studying enlightenment in a prototype of a global electronic village in Australia.

Mole

Permabanned
My loose guess is that Jung was with pedophillic priests doing astrology, and Freud was studying enlightenment in a prototype of a global electronic village in Australia.
Quite right.

Mole

Permabanned
Where you you during WW II?
We came as close to absolute evil as we have ever come in the Shoah in WWII. As a response to this evil we wrote and ratified The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The Declaration is the basis of our public morality.

However 57 Islamic nations, the OIC, have publicly and openly rejected The Universal Declaration. of Human Rights in favour of Sharia, and continue. to mow us down in our streets, particularly at Christmas.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure what to make of this pile of nonsense.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm not sure what to make of this pile of nonsense.

Well, why not ask, why did Jung break off his training Analysis with Freud?

And why did Jung never qualify as a Psychoanalyst?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Well, why not ask, why did Jung break off his training Analysis with Freud?

Thanks for asking!

Jung broke with Freud in large part because he thought Freud wanted him (and others) to treat Freud's theories as a kind of religion, rather than having an appropriately sceptical and open-minded scientific attitude toward them.

As Jung explained:

There was no mistaking the fact that Freud was emotionally involved in his sexual theory to an extraordinary degree. When he spoke of it, his tone became urgent, almost anxious, and all signs of his normally critical and skeptical manner vanished. ...

I can still recall vividly how Freud said to me, "My dear Jung, promise me never to abandon the sexual theory. That is the most essential thing of all. You see, we must make a dogma of it, an unshakeable bulwark." ... First of all, it was the words "bulwark" and "dogma" that alarmed me; for a dogma, that is to say, an indisputable confession of faith, is set up only when the aim is to suppress doubts once and for all. But that no longer has anything to do with scientific judgment; only with a personal power drive.

This was the thing that struck at the heart of our friendship. I knew that I would never be able to accept such an attitude. ...

When ... Freud announced his intention of identifying theory and method and making them into some kind of dogma, I could no longer collaborate with him; there remained no choice for me but to withdraw.​

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ yeah I pretty much stand with reckful for that

Besides you don’t have to like the theorist to enjoy the theories

Mole

Permabanned
Level 1 : Jung was a fantasist like most of us here. And being like most of us here, Jung was charismatic - no wonder we are attracted to him - Jung mirrors who we are.

Level 2 : Jung wrote his fantasies extensively into a personal diary, his followers hid his diary in a locked safe for more than 70 years. They deliberately deceived the public for more than 70 years.

Level 3 : After 70 years hidden, independent psychiatrists examined Jung's diary and found he was psychotic.

Level 4: In his Training Analysis Jung formed a father fixation with his analysand Freud. But being psychotic Jung was unable and refused to have his father fixation analysed by Freud. Instead Jung terminated his training analysis with Freud and transferred his father fixation to the Fuhrer, and freely and without coercion Jung followed the orders of the 2 IC of the Fuhrer, Reichmarshall Hermann Goering.

Level 5: By contrast, Freud the Jew was driven out of his home, driven out of his country, and made a refugee, and his extended family was murdered by the Reichmarshall.

Level 6: In a time when powerful women are calling out sexual abuse in the entertainment industry, we know Jung sexually abused his female patients.

Level 7: Like Jung we value our fantasies more than reality.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
To whom it may concern:

Mole has been making these same allegations about Jung's cooperation with the Nazis for a long time, and I've called him out — and pointed him to sources that correct him — more than once. (More in this post and the posts it links to.)