• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typing based on Writing Style/content

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what type this guy is, and I doubt he knows either. So this is a double-blind experiment.

What MBTI type writes things like this:
"Do you really think it’s a coincidence that most of the Caribbean, Texas and the Florida Keys were annilated by back to back storms all while Northern and Southern California have been in flames?

Please try and understand what is happening here on a macro level? We have officially entered a time of turbulence on earth and this is the only pathway to peace, empathy and unity within our race and love for our planet.

These events will soon be the norm in years to come. Once California has endured it, another region will be hit with another kind of event. It’s ok if you think I’m nuts, I’m putting this in writing and on record so we can look back at these posts in 2020 and fully understand that this is all part of a perfectly designed master plan, orchestrated to ensure that humanity will graduate into its next evolutionary chapter.

The water must boil before it purifies.
Yes even Trump plays his role in the acceleration of this planetary implosion. This is all by Divine Order, nothing is by chance and everything that’s happening is in accordance with God’s mater plan for humanity’s evolution and more specifically the evolution of our souls. Now it may be easier to understand what the 2012 Mayan calendar was all about. The ancients knew that this was the cosmic date that would forever shift all of us into another epoch and another paradigm.

“Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.” -Gospel of Thomas"

To make it easier, here is his list of accomplishments:
Co-founder at Impact Week Miami
Co-founder at Capponi Shear Construction
Founder at Global Empowerment Mission
Co-Founded at The Deck at Island Gardens
Founder & Principal at Luna Group Holdings, LLC
Business Owner at Luna Beach Bimini
Co-Founded at InList
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

Metis

ESTJ is a possibility. I've seen this spiritual/metaphysical pattern-seeking, where it isn't necessarily logical to read into something as a pattern, in ESTJs before. Maybe it has something to do with trickster Ni.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ is a possibility. I've seen this spiritual/metaphysical pattern-seeking, where it isn't necessarily logical to read into something as a pattern, in ESTJs before. Maybe it has something to do with trickster Ni.

But what trick is being played?

Digital Lion

That his intuition is correct > "correlation is not causation." Ni may be adept at spotting patterns and weaving a cohesive, singular forecast but without enough accurate information, incomplete or false conclusions can be reached. It's a "tricky" function with definite blind spots.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That his intuition is correct > "correlation is not causation." Ni may be adept at spotting patterns and weaving a cohesive, singular forecast but without enough accurate information, incomplete or false conclusions can be reached. It's a "tricky" function with definite blind spots.

Can it be a tricky function in the auxiliary mode too?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like an INFJ to me.

Digital Lion

Can it be a tricky function in the auxiliary mode too?

In the sense that Ni Doms tend to be more thorough and far reaching in their intuiting patterns and connections (and therefore more likely to consider the greater implications of their intuitions and form more airtight contingencies) and Ni Aux users less so (a la the ENTJ who is more concerned with using flashes of inspired intuition to act more urgently in the hear and now in moving towards a a vision), then yes. Ultimately, the greater the quality and depth of information a dom/aux Ni user has, the greater the likelihood that his intuitions are more "merit" based, if that makes sense. Or put crudely, if one ingests a lot of bad crap, and even with the most efficient digestive and excretory system, he will ultimately dispel a drawn out, cohesively sturdy, log of bad crap. Crap begets crap. lol

Metis

The ESTJ this post reminds me of was a scientist, and he used Si a lot, for work, for hobbies, for whatever, if Si is what you use to categorize things -- like birds, plants that you see on nature walks, etc. He was great at that; it was second nature to him. He was also religious, and he embarked on a project to collect natural proofs of a particular religious tenet. He was collecting examples of what he thought was a pattern, but wasn't. It was like, instead of using Si in a way that might make sense in a study of theology--for example, by comparing translations of religious writing, or studying the historical context of religious ideas--he was using Si in the service of a less concrete function, in a way that would be similar to divination, and his data was cherry-picked. The trick played was that he thought he could combine a "mystical" research method with a scientific and practical method, and by trying to do that, he lost the context and any utility of both, and negated the value of both. He thought he was being scientific, but he wasn't, and he also thought he was gleaning profound metaphysical information out of a natural pattern, but not only was he not gleaning that, the pattern didn't exist.

It was sort of like this situation: In the book "Aurora" by Kim Stanley Robinson, one guy starts to think that the sun is trying to send him a message. He thinks he can read a pattern into the sun's pulses, but it isn't there. He tries to decipher what the sun is saying to him, but really, he's just been stuck in quarantine for decades and his mind is playing tricks on him due to the lack of human contact.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ESTJ this post reminds me of was a scientist, and he used Si a lot, for work, for hobbies, for whatever, if Si is what you use to categorize things -- like birds, plants that you see on nature walks, etc. He was great at that; it was second nature to him. He was also religious, and he embarked on a project to collect natural proofs of a particular religious tenet. He was collecting examples of what he thought was a pattern, but wasn't. It was like, instead of using Si in a way that might make sense in a study of theology--for example, by comparing translations of religious writing, or studying the historical context of religious ideas--he was using Si in the service of a less concrete function, in a way that would be similar to divination, and his data was cherry-picked. The trick played was that he thought he could combine a "mystical" research method with a scientific and practical method, and by trying to do that, he lost the context and any utility of both, and negated the value of both. He thought he was being scientific, but he wasn't, and he also thought he was gleaning profound metaphysical information out of a natural pattern, but not only was he not gleaning that, the pattern didn't exist.

It was sort of like this situation: In the book "Aurora" by Kim Stanley Robinson, one guy starts to think that the sun is trying to send him a message. He thinks he can read a pattern into the sun's pulses, but it isn't there. He tries to decipher what the sun is saying to him, but really, he's just been stuck in quarantine for decades and his mind is playing tricks on him due to the lack of human contact.

How do you know his type was ESTJ?

Metis

How do you know his type was ESTJ?

He took the official test, with his wife, and scored either ISTJ or ESTJ; I'm not sure. I've discussed this with another person who knew him well and studied MBTI. He seemed more extraverted.

I was just reading this: Jung’s Portrait of the ENTJ / ESTJ Types – IDR Labs
The way it describes Te is very different from the "Effectiveness" appellation, which calls to mind a paradigm more focused on logistical thinking and strategizing. In this description, Te is less tactical and is extraverted just because its focus is on objective phenomena, phenomena external to the thinker. "Objective," in this case, includes unprovable religious tenets, if they're tradition-based.

Thinking in general is fed from two sources, firstly from subjective and in the last resort unconscious roots, and secondly from objective data transmitted through sense perceptions.

Extraverted thinking is conditioned in a larger measure by these latter factors than by the former. judgment always presupposes a criterion ; for the extraverted judgment, the valid and determining criterion is the standard taken from objective conditions, no matter whether this be directly represented by an objectively perceptible fact, or expressed in an objective idea ; for an objective idea, even when subjectively sanctioned, is equally external and objective in origin. Extraverted thinking, therefore, need not necessarily be a merely concretistic thinking it may equally well be a purely ideal thinking, if, for instance, it can be shown that the ideas with which it is engaged are to a great extent borrowed from without, i.e. are transmitted by tradition and education.

(...)

So far as the practical thinking of the merchant, the engineer, or the natural science pioneer is concerned, the objective direction is at once manifest. But in the case of a philosopher it is open to doubt, whenever the course of his thinking is directed towards ideas. In such a case, before deciding, we must further enquire whether these ideas are mere abstractions from objective experience, in which case they would merely represent higher collective concepts, comprising a sum of objective facts ; or whether (if they are clearly not abstractions from immediate experience) they may not be derived from tradition or borrowed from the intellectual atmosphere of the time. In the latter event, such ideas must also belong to the category of objective data, in which case this thinking should also be called extraverted.

That might also be what I was calling his Si before.

In any case, that Te description seems to fit him, in general, and in the case of his religious-evidence project, it was like he was starting with two disparate objective phenomena (the evidence he was collecting from the natural world, and the religious tenet he accepted from his religious tradition) and trying to mesh them together into a coherent description of reality. Like this:

In accordance with his definition, we must picture a, man whose constant aim — in so far, of course, as he is a pure type — is to bring his total life-activities into relation with intellectual conclusions, which in the last resort are always orientated by objective data, whether objective facts or generally valid ideas. This type of man gives the deciding voice-not merely for himself alone but also on behalf of his entourage-either to the actual objective reality or to its objectively orientated, intellectual formula. By this formula are good and evil measured, and beauty and ugliness determined. All is right that corresponds with this formula; all is wrong that contradicts it; and everything that is neutral to it is purely accidental. Because this formula seems to correspond with the meaning of the world, it also becomes a world-law whose realization must be achieved at all times and seasons, both individually and collectively.

He wasn't Ni-dominant by any means. He didn't have (or at least didn't express, and I don't believe that he had) personal intuitions about the meaning of religious and metaphysical things. He just wanted intellectual agreement between two different points of view through which he viewed reality.

Should the repression succeed, it disappears from consciousness and proceeds to unfold a subconscious activity, which runs counter to conscious aims, even producing effects whose causation is a complete enigma to the individual.

(...)

There are a few painful examples in science where investigators of the highest esteem, from a profound conviction of the truth and general validity of their formula, have not scrupled to falsify evidence in favour of their ideal. This is sanctioned by the formula; the end justifieth the means. Only an inferior feeling-function, operating seductively and unconsciously, could bring about such aberrations in otherwise reputable men.

I'm not suggesting that he was deliberately falsifying the scientific process. He took a mental shortcut in this case.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He took the official test, with his wife, and scored either ISTJ or ESTJ; I'm not sure. I've discussed this with another person who knew him well and studied MBTI. He seemed more extraverted.

The way it describes Te is very different from the "Effectiveness" appellation, which calls to mind a paradigm more focused on logistical thinking and strategizing. In this description, Te is less tactical and is extraverted just because its focus is on objective phenomena, phenomena external to the thinker. "Objective," in this case, includes unprovable religious tenets, if they're tradition-based.

In any case, that Te description seems to fit him, in general, and in the case of his religious-evidence project, it was like he was starting with two disparate objective phenomena (the evidence he was collecting from the natural world, and the religious tenet he accepted from his religious tradition) and trying to mesh them together into a coherent description of reality. Like this:

He wasn't Ni-dominant by any means. He didn't have (or at least didn't express, and I don't believe that he had) personal intuitions about the meaning of religious and metaphysical things. He just wanted intellectual agreement between two different points of view through which he viewed reality.

I'm not suggesting that he was deliberately falsifying the scientific process. He took a mental shortcut in this case.

I don't have much time right now. But what do you mean by "He seemed more extroverted"?

Metis

I don't have much time right now. But what do you mean by "He seemed more extroverted"?

Likewise; I'll try and get back to this.

Also, I'm not suggesting that ESTJ is the probable type for your example. I'm saying that I don't think you should rule it out or relegate it to the "highly unlikely" category just based on the idea that it's not considered a very "mystical" type.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Are you saying that Nietzsche made predictions about the future based on cherry-picking the evidence?

I won't call it "cherry picking evidence" so much as riding a spiritual spaceship on top of Ron Hubbard (?)'s lap, if that makes sense.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The person you're describing (whatever the personality type) has internally conflicting ideas that he feels he must resolve thus attaining intellectual intuition (i.e., God's method of cognition). If not INTJ, then ENTJ - the same as the person in my OP (I believe). I forgot to add that your posts helped to convince me.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
How was Nietzsche spiritual?

Just... reading that stuff........

Innocence is the child, and forgetfulness, a new beginning, a game, a self-rolling wheel, a first movement, a holy Yea.
Aye, for the game of creating, my brethren, there is needed a holy Yea unto life: ITS OWN will, willeth now the spirit; HIS OWN world winneth the world’s outcast.
Three metamorphoses of the spirit have I designated to you: how the spirit became a camel, the camel a lion, and the lion at last a child.—
Thus spake Zarathustra. And at that time he abode in the town which is called The Pied Cow.

The creating body created for itself spirit, as a hand to its will.

That said, I did not imply Nietzsche was spiritual, rather that he used a certain style found in religious texts. And as a result, both sound nuts.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Innocence is the child, and forgetfulness, a new beginning, a game, a self-rolling wheel, a first movement, a holy Yea.
Aye, for the game of creating, my brethren, there is needed a holy Yea unto life: ITS OWN will, willeth now the spirit; HIS OWN world winneth the world’s outcast.
Three metamorphoses of the spirit have I designated to you: how the spirit became a camel, the camel a lion, and the lion at last a child.—
Thus spake Zarathustra. And at that time he abode in the town which is called The Pied Cow.

That said, I did not imply Nietzsche was spiritual, rather that he used a certain style found in religious texts. And as a result, both sound nuts.

Perhaps it just needs someone to explain it.
Nietzsche’s three metamorphoses – Philosophy for change

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I know that your point wasn't that it needs someone to explain it, but that it sounds religious, or mystical, and over-the-top with symbols.