• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Estp geeks?

HorrorFan

I paid and did the test and got estp.
The couple of thing I find weird is that all these descriptions of estps is that no where do I see that they are nerds,geeks and not goofy.
I myself feel estp except for the fact that I'm a avid fantasy/sci fi reader,MTG and d&d player,gamer, and I love fantasy and sci fi lore. I'm a movie buff and I quote movies all the time for fun or just because. I have useless movie trivia and facts stored in my memory.
The other thing I've been called goofy by those close to me. I like just making people laugh, joke and prank people. I sing to my baby daughter in weird funny voices to get her to laugh. I sing out loud in general for a rise and its fun. I play air guitar still cause I enjoy it. (I play music and listen to music most of my day) but I nerve see estp descriptions as goofy.
Can estp be goofy and geeky or even artsy for that matter?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Yes they can. A lot of professional performs are ESTPs - it's something the type is quite well suited to. You only have to look at the life styles of certain rock stars to see almost too much Se at work. ESTPs often make good front men/women. I suspect of lot of costume wearing, make-up covered metal head hamming it up on stage are ESTPS. Ozzy Osborne springs to mind, though ~I confess I haven't studied his life in details. Quite possibly Jack Black too.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most estps I know - perhaps with the exception of e8s - are easy going, funny (though a bit crude), jovial, funloving etc. All these qualities give them a slight goofy appearance. I wouldn't use the word goofy but they tend to goof around with people they are comfortable with - or perhaps when not feeling threatened/judged/insecure.

Also all those stereotypical interests you've mentioned - video games,, fantasy sci fi etc - can be enjoyed by any type.

I've been called goofy by those close to me.

Have you done an enneagream test? Perhaps you are a 7w6. 7w6 ESTPs are rare. The w6 - as opposed to w8 - could give one a 'goofier' vibe and interest in those nerdy/goofy subjects :).

HorrorFan

Most estps I know - perhaps with the exception of e8s - are easy going, funny (though a bit crude), jovial, funloving etc. All these qualities give them a slight goofy appearance. I wouldn't use the word goofy but they tend to goof around with people they are comfortable with - or perhaps when not feeling threatened/judged/insecure. Also all those stereotypical interests you've mentioned - video games,, fantasy sci fi etc - can be enjoyed by any type. Have you done an enneagream test? Perhaps you are a 7w6. 7w6 ESTPs are rare. The w6 - as opposed to w8 - could give one a 'goofier' vibe and interest in those nerdy/goofy subjects :).
I got a 8w7. I think I get a 8 mainly because I hate being controlled. I don't feel like the dynamo all the time as I'm happy just being at home with my wife and kid hanging out over going to the bar and partying.
As much as I consider myself a geek I also did a lot of sports growing up and still love sports. As I am very competitive I feel I have to be the best at everything I do even if its video games

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got a 8w7.
As much as I consider myself a geek I also did a lot of sports growing up and still love sports. As I am very competitive I feel I have to be the best at everything I do even if its video games

Oh that's interesting. Then again, my father is a 8w7 ESTJ and he is quite jovial/fun loving though at most times he is annoyingly pushy and aggressive. But he is jovial. I from what you've said about E type and my father's E type, guess I have to take back the below quoted text I said earier.

Most estps I know - perhaps with the exception of e8s - are easy going, funny (though a bit crude), jovial, funloving etc.

Maybe your instinctual variant is so/sx.

But anyway my point is - a person from any type could have all the interest you've mentioned though it's not often seen in ESTPs or e8s.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of my best friends since high school is an ESTP, and we game together regularly still. I met him wearing a Zelda T shirt... don't discount anything because of stereotypes.