Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default You must obey MY rules

Do Fi doms and auxes believe that their rules must be obeyed, but that others' rules can be broken at will?

Do Ti doms and auxes believe that their rules must be obeyed, but that others' rules can be broken at will?
    Likes Stanton Moore, Agent Washington liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

That more describes someone with low empathy, poor boundaries, & general emotional underdevelopment than it does an Fi-dom, or any other personality type/function stacking, I think.

(I didn't vote on the poll since "N/A" wasn't an available option)
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Yuurei, DulcetRefrain, Flâneuse liked this post

Yeah we totally suck and are completely inflexible. We also write checks that bounce often.
    ”The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.”
    Likes chickpea, Stanton Moore, Ghost, Galena, Bush and 3 others liked this post

Potential is My Addiction Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Do Fi doms and auxes believe that their rules must be obeyed, but that others' rules can be broken at will?
    Perhaps if someone is young and developing their Fi? Seeing how the world works around them, figuring out what is determined right and wrong externally and comparing that to how it sits internally for you and how it makes sense. Do those external values carry any legitimacy? That's what I suspect is what you see occurring, is that sort of personal value "exploration". It's not that others' values are ok to break, but that you're seeing how those values align with your own. But, not in a way that you are attempting to assimilate those values as your own, but that you are comparing values (internal and external) as a means to finding value in them.

Ok well...this is my process, perhaps Fi doms have a different internal experience and understanding of how their values are formed, but yes, I suspect that is what you're seeing, the development of values, but it isn't limited to Fi doms/auxs I don't think. With me though, I'm constantly "playing" with my values and poking them from different angles, but then, I lead with Ne so there's that.

The way I often think and explain what the value "play" feels like for me is akin to a kelp forest. It sways and flexes with the current, it shapeshifts but in subtle movements and gradually, but is anchored down to the bed below. They're both flexible and unmoving at the same time.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I am confused what you mean by the second statement.

Do I think some thingss would be better if people followed what I feel is ideal? sure. Is it obligated? mmm no.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

what rules? nobody has to do anything! and i don’t have to like them either!

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    what rules? nobody has to do anything! and i don’t have to like them either!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Perhaps if someone is young and developing their Fi? Seeing how the world works around them, figuring out what is determined right and wrong externally and comparing that to how it sits internally for you and how it makes sense. Do those external values carry any legitimacy? That's what I suspect is what you see occurring, is that sort of personal value "exploration". It's not that others' values are ok to break, but that you're seeing how those values align with your own. But, not in a way that you are attempting to assimilate those values as your own, but that you are comparing values (internal and external) as a means to finding value in them.

Ok well...this is my process, perhaps Fi doms have a different internal experience and understanding of how their values are formed, but yes, I suspect that is what you're seeing, the development of values, but it isn't limited to Fi doms/auxs I don't think. With me though, I'm constantly "playing" with my values and poking them from different angles, but then, I lead with Ne so there's that.

The way I often think and explain what the value "play" feels like for me is akin to a kelp forest. It sways and flexes with the current, it shapeshifts but in subtle movements and gradually, but is anchored down to the bed below. They're both flexible and unmoving at the same time.
    I'm not sure how to address this since I referenced rules not values. I know how Fi values work, the point at which values become rules is where my question starts.

And yes, to someone else, I was talking about an immature psyche that does not recognize self-contradictions and personal inconsistencies. Fi rules, without the flexibility you mentioned, are authoritarian. Immature values and rules are black-and-white, and so they lack flexibility.

The self-contradiction and personal inconsistency I'm referring to is requiring others to obey my inflexible rules while recusing myself from following the rules of others. I imagine there are three levels of maturation here:
    1. My rules aren't inflexible, and I am willing to compromise my rules with those of others.
    2. My rules are inflexible; your rules are questionable and subsumed by my rules until and unless you've walked a mile in my shoes.
    3. My rules, my way. There are no other rules, and I can't understand why there should be.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

Now to address your last paragraph, that's a great metaphor. I see that as an NFP or SFP trait which I have termed emotional chameleonism. But there is the undergirding of stability, of values that can never be questioned as if to say your values were formed by an omniscient intellect.