First 456

Quote Originally Posted by BrownSugar View Post
    Sounds like my ESTP boyfriend
    The popup guy or ubiquitin's post?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Sounds like TeNi

First two minutes:

"I know I'm right".

"If you don't use popups, you are an idiot".

Very "directive" (ENTP is "informative"; i.e. not quite as critical; has more of a "light and airiness" to them). So he's definitely an "In Charge" (Choleric) type (EST/ENJ) and seems more iNtuitive; but tertiary Se will also figure.
    Ti will be 5th place "backup"; making it possibly prominent, but still on the "shadow" side; that is why it would come off as "convoluted" (the exact term Beebe used in his book to describe likely INTJ Jung's apparent 6th place Ti). Its purpose is to support the dominant Te (which is coming off confident and effective), and Fi, likewise is supporting it, by him appealing to what he "knows" you must need. ubiquitin's example would be a more mature or conscious Fi (though it does start to get more "directive" on the bottom; what type is @ubiquitin?); the popup guy's Fi would be inferior; all the more so with Te likely overdriven; so Fi is still unconscious (and perhaps even less visible than backup Ti), but still the ego-syntonic flipside of Te; hence coloring the appeal to others' underlying needs (whether they think they want it or not).

Of course, the actual person could for all we know be someone reading a script (so yes, an ENTP might make himself talk this way, but then many other types could as well), but that script is definitely written by some kind of In Charge type, but it does seem to come "naturally" for him.
    He comes across like he's faking it, to me. As far as who wrote the script, don't know, could have been himself, but it's based on sales tactics that he could have learned by going to seminars and reading books on sales. You can see his eyes reading cue cards, though. He didn't extemporize the speech or really memorize it.

My guess is actually ESTP.

I think an ENTP would have memorized the script and then half improvised anyway, or would have just improvised and not bothered with a script. Any ENTP I know irl probably wouldn't want to bother with cue cards, especially for such a short performance. My bias, though.

ENTJ: I don't know as many irl as I do E*TPs, but the people I've met and thought were ENTJs usually had a more striking Fi side, like it was the hidden side of their Te face. IOW, they could get very touchy about their "personal rules" being disregarded or not being anticipated, and become very driving about it. This guy doesn't seem like that to me. He just seems like he's following the advice he's learned/read about. He's playing an ENTJ, maybe, but it lacks the Fi-backed "driving" feeling of an ENTJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

This is Fi in one brain.

Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Parody Parrot
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    I usually think of "salesman" as one of a few stereotypes of ENTP, as well as "inventor", "debater", "lawyer", "politician", and "Most Popular Math Teacher of the Year, Every Year".

What would you think of as the prime ENTP stereotype, @meowington?
    The smartass stereotype :p Goes for ENTJ too.

The ones you summed up are more fitting than salesman imho. As I consider ENTPs to be usually more intelligent and versatile than ESTPs. Which is most likely just a biased opinion.
    So : inventor/debater.

When I think of an ENTP, I think of Tyrion in Game of thrones (for me, one of the most loveable characters in history imo). Don't think I've been able to tell an ENTP in real life with absolute certainty. I really like my friends of whom I suspect their ENTPs. Very talented for jokes & stories too. Also, Bill Hicks comes to mind. Hardly a salesman...
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    The smartass stereotype
    NOW that's what I like to hear!

:p

Goes for ENTJ too.
    What. Those copycats.

The old folks did say imitation was the sincerest form of fuckery. Something like that.

The ones you summed up are more fitting than salesman imho. As I consider ENTPs to be usually more intelligent and versatile than ESTPs. Which is most likely just a biased opinion.
    So : inventor/debater.

When I think of an ENTP, I think of Tyrion in Game of thrones (for me, one of the most loveable characters in history imo). Don't think I've been able to tell an ENTP in real life with absolute certainty. I really like my friends of whom I suspect their ENTPs. Very talented for jokes & stories too. Also, Bill Hicks comes to mind. Hardly a salesman...
    I know some ENTP salespeople, so I'm biased more in the way of associating the two things, although most of the ENTPs I've taken the liberty of typing have been more the "Most Popular Math Teacher" or extroverted researcher sort of ENTPs.

I need to meet more ENTPs, actually.

In terms of the OP Fi my rules/your rules comment (or was it a question), one thing I like about ENTPs is that they'll usually be polite, but won't sweat the details a lot.

There might be more sensitive ones out there than the ones I know.