User Tag List

View Poll Results: You must obey my rules, but I can ignore or break your rules

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    4 23.53%
  • False

    13 76.47%
First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 55

  1. #31
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    20,331

    Default

    Those who have the power make the rules, and those without power follow the rules.

    The international rules put in place just after WW II are being replaced with rule by China.

  2. #32
    Its time. Cassandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    The SFP types won't start small and then apply big. They start small and stay there. Solving the "big" issues doesn't interest them. When confronted with such a question, the SFP just shrugs and says there is nothing they can do about it so there is no point worrying about it. As for the NFP dealing with a big question, often there is a general answer but no specifics and no details.
    Thank you for completely dismissing my well thought out post.

    Let me try your style then:
    You are wrong.

    It seems you lack the understanding of FPs to make it past the stereotypical caricatures of mbti for now. And you dont seem interested in changing that.

    If you ever do want to explore, we ll try again, i guess

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    Mal, when did you change your MBTI to IxTP? Are you considering ISTP now as well?
    Before I answer that, I'd like to apologize for my brief responses sometimes. I work a lot of hours and don't spend a long time sitting at my computer. And I don't use my phone on this forum. As for IxTP, I've always scored exactly in the middle of S/N on the standard MBTI tests. And in the past I've had a few people here ask me to consider the idea that I'm a Sensor based on my posting style.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Thank you for completely dismissing my well thought out post.

    Let me try your style then:
    You are wrong.

    It seems you lack the understanding of FPs to make it past the stereotypical caricatures of mbti for now. And you dont seem interested in changing that.

    If you ever do want to explore, we ll try again, i guess
    I don't have time to do a lot of exploring at the moment. So I apologize for my brief responses these days. I'll give it some thought today at work.
    Likes Yama, Metis liked this post

  4. #34
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Keep in mind that there is a form of mastery that cones with it, mal.

    It takes time to tame the wild beast that is Fi. That means that it starts out as raw emotional information which a person responds to in sheer gut reaction. Over the years however, you learn to process that information and put it to use.

    But that means that you have to learn to analyse, balance out, utilise and execute different emotional states in a different range of scenarios(Se/Ne context).

    You may encounter someone who is NFP who has strong political opinions and values but who hasnt applied that same value at home with their roommates yet.
    It doesnt mean that they dont believe in that value or ser its worth. It may well be that they havent gotten to that level yet( i dunno about others but for me this shit trickles down. Its easier to start at a big abstract level with a vslue and see/testvits impact than it is to apply it on a small practical scale in my own life - i suspect its the other way around for sfps).

    So that means, they might not be aware of the possible application in their life in that particluar spot yet, or that they are aware but are still working out the kinks on actually applying those values in that sphere of influence, which may be made difficult by other emotional triggers that are still being sorted, for example.

    For me, for instance, i tend to take a very strong stance on not harming others and free will, yet there are several instances in my life where i dont bother to adhere to that rule when it comes to myself. Yet the rule wad borne out of a desire to not be harmed myself and to not feel the pain of others when they get harmed. Ironically, im still not able to fully implement that rule for myself because i was taught 'not to be silly' when i was in pain. That means that now, it is extra hard work to be consideratw of myself and an ingrained habit to just gloss over it when im too stressed and tired elsewhere to put in that effort.
    That is something im actively trying to undo now. Yet that value has been with me for 20+ years. It just was that massive of a project to internally align with it and work out all the kinks.


    I think it's that part that ironically drives especially Ti users nuts sometimes and looks like inconsistency and hypocricy. You can hold a value as Truth while falling short of it and striving to model your life after it (and finetuning it)

    Think of it as a blueprint by an architect. While that part is pretty mich clear and finished, The house itself is still being brought up to code, but meanwhile we still have to go on with our lives and ise the half finished stuff we have so far - to testdrive it and coz thats all we got for now
    I'll get back to this. I don't have a lot of time at the moment.
    Likes Cassandra liked this post

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    (...)don't want people to sit on my bed because their ass sat on a park bench and got germs all over it and I don't want those germs on my bed. I've had people deliberately ignore me when I tell them NOT to do something and it pisses me off so much I nearly throw them out of my house (...) The fact that they did it because they knew it bothered me and wanted to rebel against what they saw as my 'stupid' rules is what angers me the most.
    Likewise. Same thing. Get it completely. Only thing missing from this story is the part where they go to their friend and say, "Dude, guess what Yama did? Totally not cool."
    Likes Cassandra liked this post

  6. #36
    Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    I don't have a lot of rules, but the ones I do are absolute and anyone who breaks them is disrespectful. Like - I'm OCPD and I don't want people to sit on my bed because their ass sat on a park bench and got germs all over it and I don't want those germs on my bed. I've had people deliberately ignore me when I tell them NOT to do something and it pisses me off so much I nearly throw them out of my house. If I have a rule it WILL be followed or your ass is out of here.

    I'm still Extra Fucking Salty about the time one of my ISTJ friends licked my phone because they know I think it's disgusting. Literally almost threw them out. I had to remove myself from the room for a half hour to cool down and it was like two years ago but I'm still not over it. The fact that they did it because they knew it bothered me and wanted to rebel against what they saw as my 'stupid' rules is what angers me the most.
    It's got nothing to do with fi/fe, it's got to do with boundaries... .. ....

    also mal is super salty about someone/smthing again
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

    Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

  7. #37
    Its time. Cassandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    I don't have a lot of rules, but the ones I do are absolute and anyone who breaks them is disrespectful. Like - I'm OCPD and I don't want people to sit on my bed because their ass sat on a park bench and got germs all over it and I don't want those germs on my bed. I've had people deliberately ignore me when I tell them NOT to do something and it pisses me off so much I nearly throw them out of my house. If I have a rule it WILL be followed or your ass is out of here. I'm still Extra Fucking Salty about the time one of my ISTJ friends licked my phone because they know I think it's disgusting. Literally almost threw them out. I had to remove myself from the room for a half hour to cool down and it was like two years ago but I'm still not over it. The fact that they did it because they knew it bothered me and wanted to rebel against what they saw as my 'stupid' rules is what angers me the most.
    Exactly. How is it that hard to respect someone's wishes -especially if you were informed of their importance?

    I have that with people who find out Im arachnophobic. They ll like show me spiders in their hands and mimic spider movements on my body.

    It is funny how fast that stops when I icecoldly inform them that its their risk to take as Im not in control of my flight/fight reaction and i certainly wont hold back smacking them hard or kicking them wherever i can if they choose to provoke it.

    Apparently it ruins their fun that im that intense and dead serious about it

    It is one thing when someone's rules cause practical issues for the situation and the people in it - at that point you try to find a compromise everyone can sort of cope with - but to just blatantly provoke others for your own amusement/power trip gets you the door slammed in your face, with me.

    As much as im for looking at things from all perspectives and being tolerant of all views, your amusement does not thrump my discomfort - ever. And being that much of a disrespectful tool is just not something im inclined to accomodate.

    No matter how much you whine about my serious lack of a sense of humour. If thats what you call humour, you can keep it, basically -and whatever the hell you might consider friendship.

    We all have things that make us uncomfortable. It really shouldnt be that hard to keep that in mind and be respectful of thst with others, imho.

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Keep in mind that there is a form of mastery that cones with it, mal.

    It takes time to tame the wild beast that is Fi. That means that it starts out as raw emotional information which a person responds to in sheer gut reaction. Over the years however, you learn to process that information and put it to use.

    But that means that you have to learn to analyse, balance out, utilise and execute different emotional states in a different range of scenarios(Se/Ne context).

    You may encounter someone who is NFP who has strong political opinions and values but who hasnt applied that same value at home with their roommates yet.
    It doesnt mean that they dont believe in that value or ser its worth. It may well be that they havent gotten to that level yet( i dunno about others but for me this shit trickles down. Its easier to start at a big abstract level with a vslue and see/testvits impact than it is to apply it on a small practical scale in my own life - i suspect its the other way around for sfps).

    So that means, they might not be aware of the possible application in their life in that particluar spot yet, or that they are aware but are still working out the kinks on actually applying those values in that sphere of influence, which may be made difficult by other emotional triggers that are still being sorted, for example.

    For me, for instance, i tend to take a very strong stance on not harming others and free will, yet there are several instances in my life where i dont bother to adhere to that rule when it comes to myself. Yet the rule wad borne out of a desire to not be harmed myself and to not feel the pain of others when they get harmed. Ironically, im still not able to fully implement that rule for myself because i was taught 'not to be silly' when i was in pain. That means that now, it is extra hard work to be consideratw of myself and an ingrained habit to just gloss over it when im too stressed and tired elsewhere to put in that effort.
    That is something im actively trying to undo now. Yet that value has been with me for 20+ years. It just was that massive of a project to internally align with it and work out all the kinks.


    I think it's that part that ironically drives especially Ti users nuts sometimes and looks like inconsistency and hypocricy. You can hold a value as Truth while falling short of it and striving to model your life after it (and finetuning it)

    Think of it as a blueprint by an architect. While that part is pretty mich clear and finished, The house itself is still being brought up to code, but meanwhile we still have to go on with our lives and ise the half finished stuff we have so far - to testdrive it and coz thats all we got for now
    I have to think about that some more.

  9. #39
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've always been live and let live.i have a code i live by vut thats just for me no one els3, i expect others to have their own code that works for them. That being said how is that remotely like me forcing people to live by my rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    These types of rules come from Fi values, for example, valuing alone time. So the rule that results is something like "don't bother me when I want to be alone."
    Where mature Fi says "if that were me, I would want my needs met this way, so let me give him what he must want", primitive Fi (usually serving a more developed Te) says "if that were me I would want the positive result of these rules, and that person is unaware of his need; what's wrong with him for not doing what he needs, such as following these rules".
    It's like an "I know what's best for everyone" mindset. For mature Fi, this might come off [on the more negative tip] as well-meaning acts for people that can be mistaken and not appreciated. For less mature Fi, it might be rule-enforcing. I've even see it used to justify stuff like popup ads “Laws of the Universe”, “Objectivism”, and tough talk (or “Why I’m Critical of Secular Self-help”) | "ERIPEDIA" According to the guy in the video, if you use popup blockers, you have a “bad attitude” toward "finding a solution to a problem". He's doing something good for you; what's wrong with you for not wanting to endure the lesser discomfort of having popups crash you browser or system, potentially, for the greater good of seeing their product which would be useful to you? And thus, enforcing the "rule", that if you want to use our site, you must "pay" in one way or the other (as a non-popup ad on the side just won't catch your attention)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

    "PERSONALITY MATRIX" on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Personality...6272699654735/

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Where mature Fi says "if that were me, I would want my needs met this way, so let me give him what he must want", primitive Fi (usually serving a more developed Te) says "if that were me I would want the positive result of these rules, and that person is unaware of his need; what's wrong with him for not doing what he needs, such as following these rules".
    Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    According to the guy in the video, if you use popup blockers, you have a “bad attitude” toward "finding a solution to a problem". He's doing something good for you
    LOL That argument sounds more like full-fledged BS than genuine Fi or anything else.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-21-2017, 04:45 PM
  2. You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Studios Story
    By pure_mercury in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 10:37 AM
  3. I'm this, so you must be this
    By tovlo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO