User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Since the early 90s, I've been fascinated by using iterative networks to represent the flow of complex systems. Here's an example of the Theorist (aka Rational/NT) temperament implemented as an iterative network. Such networks are likely possible for the cognitive processes, though they would inevitably reflect typical skills, behaviors, and contexts.

in the network, + signs indicate positive/promoting influence while - signs indicate negative/inhibiting influence. Because all the factors influence each other simultaneously, you can't "solve" the network by walking through it. There is a special algorithm that "iterates" it instead, like running a game simulation.

There is a specific methodology to follow to craft, explore, and verify these kinds of networks, so while it allows for a lot of creativity, it's not arbitrary.

Research and drawing the network is only part of the process. You can implement the network on a computer, simulate various starting conditions, and then "run" the network to see what attractors (patterns) develop.

There are researchers who model brain networks using this same kind of tool.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Darios pretty cool.
    Yama, Member of the Year 2017, The Most Liked Member, The Receiver of 10,000 Likes, First of His Name, The Unburnt, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, King of Meereen, Khal of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lord Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains, and Father of Dragons.
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream, highlander liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Scan my brain. Don't tell me about the cancer though, just the type. That's all that matters.
    Tell me about the cancer. Actually tell me I have no cancer and will never get cancer.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Tell me about the cancer. Actually tell me I have no cancer and will never get cancer.
    tell coriolis that i'm not an isfp
    Yama, Member of the Year 2017, The Most Liked Member, The Receiver of 10,000 Likes, First of His Name, The Unburnt, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, King of Meereen, Khal of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lord Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains, and Father of Dragons.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    tell coriolis that i'm not an isfp
    ok
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes Yama, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    xNTx
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

I've got another question but it's kind of lame.

I want to know what the percentages are for each type, from your studies - I'm hoping it can help dispell INFJ as the rarest type because I swear, everyone is an INFJ.

Enneagram
    4dw sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    I've got another question but it's kind of lame.

I want to know what the percentages are for each type, from your studies - I'm hoping it can help dispell INFJ as the rarest type because I swear, everyone is an INFJ.
    If anyone could tell me where this motherlode of INFJ's are.. that'd be great.

MBTI
    xNTx
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    If anyone could tell me where this motherlode of INFJ's are.. that'd be great.
    We basically flood the absolute shit out of every online typology community, all typology/mbti FB groups etc - we're supposedly the rarest type - outcasts, misfits, etc etc but everyone appears to type as an INFJ online.
    It makes me wonder where the hell all these like-minded people are, because I've never met anyone I've 'clicked' with in my entire life.

So I was hoping Dario has been like, keeping some stats or something, and would share with us the percentages of each type - or even just a list from most common to least common - just so we can compare his statistics to the official MBTI ones which unfortunately still has INFJ as the rarest type (due to INFJ males being rare - INFJ females, 5th rarest).

I know no one cares about rarity etc, I don't either, I'd just love to see what his percentages are so I can like ha! Knew it! Not the rarest! :/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    We basically flood the absolute shit out of every online typology community, all typology/mbti FB groups etc - we're supposedly the rarest type - outcasts, misfits, etc etc but everyone appears to type as an INFJ online.
    It makes me wonder where the hell all these like-minded people are, because I've never met anyone I've 'clicked' with in my entire life.

So I was hoping Dario has been like, keeping some stats or something, and would share with us the percentages of each type - or even just a list from most common to least common - just so we can compare his statistics to the official MBTI ones which unfortunately still has INFJ as the rarest type (due to INFJ males being rare - INFJ females, 5th rarest).

I know no one cares about rarity etc, I don't either, I'd just love to see what his percentages are so I can like ha! Knew it! Not the rarest! :/
    I type as INFJ, I have an INFJ older sister, my best friend as a child has typed as INFJ as an adult, and a friend from a Doctor Who fan club types as INFJ. My experience with all of them is that, as adults, we tend to not "click" in the way in which I'm assuming you mean it. There is no instant, deep connection, recognition, or understanding between us. All of them have been or are in social service jobs. They all care deeply about helping. I experience all of them as closed off in some way, which, I assume, is how I come across, too. There is some ease in conversations depending on the topic, but we can easily offend each other, too.

My experience was that I clicked with my childhood best friend as children but not so much as adults. I have no theories as to why that is.

As for rarity, if INFJs are 1% of the population and I know 3 confirmed in real life, with a possible 4th that I suspect is INFJ, then I need to know at least 400+ people in my life, which I do.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    xNTx
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I type as INFJ, I have an INFJ older sister, my best friend as a child has typed as INFJ as an adult, and a friend from a Doctor Who fan club types as INFJ. My experience with all of them is that, as adults, we tend to not "click" in the way in which I'm assuming you mean it. There is no instant, deep connection, recognition, or understanding between us. All of them have been or are in social service jobs. They all care deeply about helping. I experience all of them as closed off in some way, which, I assume, is how I come across, too. There is some ease in conversations depending on the topic, but we can easily offend each other, too.

My experience was that I clicked with my childhood best friend as children but not so much as adults. I have no theories as to why that is.

As for rarity, if INFJs are 1% of the population and I know 3 confirmed in real life, with a possible 4th that I suspect is INFJ, then I need to know at least 400+ people in my life, which I do.
    INFJs are 2.7% of the population according to official, current statistics - not sure why everyone keeps bandying the 1% statistic about.
    I find it incredible that you know 400+ people. Astounding. Are they friends/associates etc, or just people who you've met?

I've got like 70 people on my Facebook, and I swear, I could delete about 60 of them and they wouldn't even notice.. my circle of friends must be like.. 4.. including my wifes side of the family i.e people I'm sort of forced to be friends with then it goes up to like 20. lol.

Interesting that they've all been in social services jobs - I'm actually studying Counselling at the moment, and currently seeking employment doing social services of some sort right now, lol.

Thanks for the response.