• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scoring 50% left brain and 50% right brain?

noneya

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi all.
I know that the "left brain/right brain" thing is a myth in physicality but the test itself determines if you are more analytical ("left brained") or creative ("right brained").
I did several tests and all of them concluded that I was exactly 50% left and 50% right brained.
What does this say about me as a person? Is balance rare? One forum said that being 50/50 is one of the highest achievements in life; similar to that of being Buddha... however I wouldn't want to praise myself this much. So I'm genuinely curious.
Here was my favorite of the tests I took:
Left-Brain/Right-Brain Test
Im curious to see other peoples scores so feel free
thanks

Are you of the sacred order of the left hand dominant? I am. Perhaps it is because we are superior!

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got 75% right brained on this test. I'd guess ENxPs would be the most right brained and xxTJ the most left brained.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
42%. The test's definition of right brained sounds very Ne.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I scored 58%. I agree with the above that the obvious right-brained answers seemed very Ne.

I wouldn't take this test as anything more than a fun time passer. The whole right-brain vs left-brain theory has been widely disproved, I believe the only concrete basis for it is that our brains are cross-wired and control opposites sides of the body, and because the left side of the brain primarily handles literal comprehension while the right focuses on sensory perception, that started spiraling into the left vs right-handed debate which then turned into the left vs right-brained debate.

We're hardly the people to be critiquing the credibility of pseudosciences though.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I scored 58%. I agree with the above that the obvious right-brained answers seemed very Ne.

I wouldn't take this test as anything more than a fun time passer. The whole right-brain vs left-brain theory has been widely disproved, I believe the only concrete basis for it is that our brains are cross-wired and control opposites sides of the body, and because the left side of the brain primarily handles literal comprehension while the right focuses on sensory perception, that started spiraling into the left vs right-handed debate which then turned into the left vs right-brained debate.

We're hardly the people to be critiquing the credibility of pseudosciences though.

No, we are the people who should be critiquing it the most.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
No, we are the people who should be critiquing it the most.

Not really, unless we're going for irony. MBTI's validity from a scientific standpoint has been debunked for quite some time now.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Overall Result

Both your right and left hemisphere seem to have reached a level of perfect harmony - rather than trying to dominant each other, they work together to create a unique and well-balanced "you". Your spontaneous, impulsive, and free-flowing right brain creates an exciting and adventurous world, while your left brain helps you make sense of it and keep track of everything.

When faced with a problem or a tough decision, you're not only able to break things down and make an informed and sensible choice, but you're also not afraid to go with your gut when necessary. You tend to express your individuality both in words and actions, and although you're perfectly comfortable running on a schedule or planning things ahead of time, there are occasions when you love to throw in a little spontaneity.

Your balanced outlook and approach to life creates a desire in you to not only understand the world, but to also take it in your hands and mold it as you see fit. With both your right and left hemispheres working together to guide you, you are able to understand yourself and life in general from so many wonderful perspectives.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not really, unless we're going for irony. MBTI's validity from a scientific standpoint has been debunked for quite some time now.

That's why we should in my opinion though. Really mbti is just for fun, and so is the left and right brain stuff.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi all.
I know that the "left brain/right brain" thing is a myth in physicality but the test itself determines if you are more analytical ("left brained") or creative ("right brained").
I did several tests and all of them concluded that I was exactly 50% left and 50% right brained.
What does this say about me as a person? Is balance rare? One forum said that being 50/50 is one of the highest achievements in life; similar to that of being Buddha... however I wouldn't want to praise myself this much. So I'm genuinely curious.
Here was my favorite of the tests I took:
Left-Brain/Right-Brain Test
Im curious to see other peoples scores so feel free
thanks

Studies on patients with brain damage have allowed scientists to determine how each side of the brain controls different functions. The left hemisphere, for example, specializes in language skills and logic. The right hemisphere allows us to recognize shapes and faces and express and read. Most people are not likely to be strictly left-brain or right-brained - we use each side of our brain depending on the task we're dealing with. However, some theorists and researchers believe that there may be one side of the brain that we draw on more, which can in turn make the personality traits characteristic of that side of the brain to be more dominant than others.

How to read your results: If you score closer to the right side of the graph, your personality is more characteristically right-brain. If you score closer to the left side of the graph, your personality is more characteristically left-brain. If you score somewhere in the middle, you share characteristics of both sides of the brain.

Overall Result

Both your right and left hemisphere seem to have reached a level of perfect harmony - rather than trying to dominant each other, they work together to create a unique and well-balanced "you". Your spontaneous, impulsive, and free-flowing right brain creates an exciting and adventurous world, while your left brain helps you make sense of it and keep track of everything.

When faced with a problem or a tough decision, you're not only able to break things down and make an informed and sensible choice, but you're also not afraid to go with your gut when necessary. You tend to express your individuality both in words and actions, and although you're perfectly comfortable running on a schedule or planning things ahead of time, there are occasions when you love to throw in a little spontaneity.

Your balanced outlook and approach to life creates a desire in you to not only understand the world, but to also take it in your hands and mold it as you see fit. With both your right and left hemispheres working together to guide you, you are able to understand yourself and life in general from so many wonderful perspectives.

I see them more as metaphors that represent how a person is in touch with their inner masculine and feminine, and perhaps the dualities in a hermetic sense.

For instance, a person who is primarily a left brained individual is in touch with their yang side and is very logic oriented, structured, and physically inclined. On the other hand, someone who is primarily a right brained individual is someone who is in touch with their yin side and is very emotionally aware, compassionate, and creative.

I would say the idea is to encompass a balance of both in order to reach the ideal equilibrium. However I would take more of an intuitive approach in order to determine this. Think about how your primary cognitive structure is like and decide from there if you are more like one side or rather in the middle.

I remember hearing once that women who are tomboys and men who are more like roleplay/fantasy geeks have a higher likelihood of being in the middle or on the opposite end of the usual spectrum, as both are not into traditional feminine and macho men roles. I would even say they are progressive and ahead of the curve in some ways too. Furthermore, I think one example of someone who has a well-rounded grasp of both qualities is Wonder Woman. She's in touch with her femininity, yet is physically strong and knows her weaknesses, but is able to take advantage of her strengths as a woman too. She is methodical with enhanced strength and durability, but also compassionate and loving.

I'm sure this is bull to most people, but it's how it makes sense in my mind at least. :shrug:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got 75% right brained on this test. I'd guess ENxPs would be the most right brained and xxTJ the most left brained.
You are neglecting the N/S factor, which I think is important here. I got 48%, so very slightly left-brained. I would suspect many INTJs are toward the middle as well.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You are neglecting the N/S factor, which I think is important here. I got 48%, so very slightly left-brained. I would suspect many INTJs are toward the middle as well.

how am i 6% more left brained than you?!?!

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

If one wants to collerate this to type I have found this resource that states the types hypothetically from the most left to right brained.

NERDISM: Left Brain vs. Right Brain according to MBTI

According to this ENFP is the most right brained and ISTJ the most left winged.

Overall Result

Conclusion: Lefties are superior and my result is also the answer to life, the universe, and everything. :)