• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Studies showing college major and MBTI type

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I was wondering if there was a study and if anybody will post a link. thanks

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if there's a study but maybe we could put our own types and majors here? I'm an INTP film major.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I have a degree in Anthropology ( It's just an interest. I do not want to teach thus continuing the cycle of "Why Bother") I almost got a degree in law but it was expensive. Also I worked on a degree in Marine biology.

I suppose if you can take anything from this it's that I have many interests.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here are the people I know

ISTJ biochem
ENFP math
INFP art and computer science double major
ENFJ aspiring history (still in hs)
INTJ physics
INFJ accoutning
IXTP engineering

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP English with Youth Ministry

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a BA in sociology

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
istj/ixtp (IDK OK) - history + cultural studies (probably literary history at this rate, think history major that is technically interdisciplinary + history minor that is not interdisciplinary), professional nose digger, second major in stress and procrastination and internal screaming for 10 years

also fun fact, i consistently get told my proposals aren't concrete enough because i've got a boner for theory

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
THe only major that i've been that didn't remotely fit for me was computer science. I've been a film major (too shy though), a writing major (no job security) , cultural studies major (I enjoyed it but had a breakdown and then went to a school that didn't offer cultural studies so i considered sociology) I ended up in a social work major which i love and has been the best fit of all and I'm an INFP.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
THe only major that i've been that didn't remotely fit for me was computer science. I've been a film major (too shy though), a writing major (no job security) , cultural studies major (I enjoyed it but had a breakdown and then went to a school that didn't offer cultural studies so i considered sociology) I ended up in a social work major which i love and has been the best fit of all and I'm an INFP.

I admire anyone who can work as a social work for more than a year and not just hate all of humanity.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a BA in Journalism and an MA in Creative Writing. I remember that I've also considered acting, music and psychology.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here are some others I know:
ESFJ: Occupational therapy
ISFJ: Recreational therapy
ISTJ: Engineering
INFP: Music
INFJ: secondary English education
ENTP: Nursing
ISFJ: Nursing
That's all I can think of. Unless I've mistyped these people. The INFJ is the only one who actually has any idea about MBTI to my knowledge. Well, I tried to introduce the ESFJ to it, but she seemed kind of bored so I stopped. I just wanted insight on my type.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I recall correctly, Gifts Differing has some statistics on this, though they will be out of date now.

As for people I know:

INTP engineering
INTP nursing, then theology
INTP computer engineering
ENFP music (vocal), then ministry/theology
ISFP music
INFJ education
INFJ engineering, then MS in public administration
ISTP materials science
ISTJ physics
ISFJ audiology and speech pathology
ISTJ Foreign languages (became a teacher)
ESFJ English (became a teacher)
ESTJ electrical engineering, then management
ISTJ electrical engineering
INTJ physics (I know several of these, including myself)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Biochemistry, Psychology, Philosophy were all my attempts at a major.

I will just go under the label INFJ for simplicity.

But I’m a self-studying, minimum wage worker for music! :happy2:

Cuz #%*@ the education system, you’re their bitch for [at least] 4 years

Nah I quit college because I left the religion the college was about and my depression killed my grades for a couple of semesters. I’d finish college in another lifetime or several years down the road. Just wasn’t meant for me at this time

Eternal Harmony

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a BSc in Logistics (achieved lately in June 2014).

All I know is that when I studied abroad and hung around the fine art students, it was a glorious XSFP hell hole. :hippie:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I know is that when I studied abroad and hung around the fine art students, it was a glorious XSFP hell hole. :hippie:

I had that question, when you look at a group of art students or musicians just hanging out after the show or a group of painters (the question extends to more than just art)

But I have more reason to believe, they’re all mixed more than just one type. Have you met a group of people all the same type? Lol

I had that question, when you look at a group of art students or musicians just hanging out after the show or a group of painters (the question extends to more than just art)

But I have more reason to believe, they’re all mixed more than just one type. Have you met a group of people all the same type? Lol

Well, it's mainly pure speculation on my part. Many of the people I encountered seem to be either ISFPs or ESFPs with a few xSTPs and intuitives here and there. The majority were super laid back and down to earth like xSFPs would be. Idk, the atmosphere when I was there just screamed xSFP to me. :shrug: