User Tag List

Default Hey INFPs, does this T characterization make sense to you?

"Fascinated by all ‘T’ types" from Surviving INFP blog

The INFP blog author thinks:

with ‘T’ types, they have little hidden agendas when they are trying to move you to follow a certain regulation or rule they have created. If you comply and conform, you are no fun. They like to have a little thrust-and-parry to see if you are a worthy opponent and if they can get you to concede they are right.

When a fellow T talks to another T whom she has respect for, there is a little game of haggling and straight-forward questions which to a F probably sounds pretty rude.

That's an interesting assessment. It's pretty broadly drawn, and I don't know if any T types would be more likely to do whatever the author thinks is going on in the interactions being observed. I'm wondering if any other INFPs or other Fs get this impression about Ts as well.

Personally, I don't try to "haggle" or "thrust-and-parry" or get people to concede and conform to a hidden agenda. However, I will tease and taunt people just for fun--usually people I like, and who I think/hope will take it in the playful spirit intended. Or I'll sometimes feel shy and uncertain how to be sociable, so I'll make an attempt and it will fall flat and elicit that "O...kayyyy......" reaction. It depends on the situation and the other people and other circumstances. But I'm interested to think of whether either of these would come across to anyone as a social game, like the blog author believes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The portion of the blog you quoted reminds me more of NT's that I've had experience with than ST's. *shrugs*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Yeah, I really don't get that impression about Ts at all.

It's probably just the person's idiosyncratic impression.
    Likes Yama, Fay liked this post

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

The only Ts that I've been close to are STs, hence, I never felt about them this way.

However, a couple of years ago, there was an ENTJ boy in the team I was in charge of. I found him extremely intelligent, very responsible and a natural born leader. But I did notice something about him that matches the said description quite perfectly. I think, without being conscious of it, he did separate people into 3 categories:

"These people I like and respect and will be loyal to"
    "These people I kind of like but don't respect so much, so I'm just going to f*ck with them a bit here and there to have a bit of fun with them"
    "These people are my enemies"
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

with ‘T’ types, they have little hidden agendas when they are trying to move you to follow a certain regulation or rule they have created. If you comply and conform, you are no fun. They like to have a little thrust-and-parry to see if you are a worthy opponent and if they can get you to concede they are right.
    Sounds like the author has a bit of a prejudice against T types because of bad personal experiences.

When a fellow T talks to another T whom she has respect for, there is a little game of haggling and straight-forward questions which to a F probably sounds pretty rude
    Not really? I've never experienced this. A conversation between two people outside of myself has nothing to do with me and I find it obnoxious to get offended for someone else. The way some XTXX types have spoken to me has been hurtful without intention, but that was only when it was directed at me.

T is for trickster.
    ”The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.”

Lights in the distance Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    T is for trickster.
    Only when surrounded by E, N, and P.
    May you one day find the joy that you can't name for fear of breaking your own heart.
    Likes notmyapples liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am ENFP but some think I am INFP as well, who knows.

either way, I actually LOVE Ti users and tend to gel well with them, even though they do tease me to death. I love them and know they mean it with no harm. If something goes overboard I just talk to them. I don't get this impression at all.

After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?
    Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Winter Dream View Post
    I am ENFP but some think I am INFP as well, who knows.

either way, I actually LOVE Ti users and tend to gel well with them, even though they do tease me to death. I love them and know they mean it with no harm. If something goes overboard I just talk to them. I don't get this impression at all.
    I envy you, I really struggle with Ti users. My Fi really clashes with them.