• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Perfect Video Game for Each MBTI Type

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello! My name is Spec, and you probably have no idea who I am. I am trying to do an article where I assign each type a video game, similarly to how there are articles comparing types to books, characters, board games, and even animals. However, in order to do this, I need to get some information on what the different types like. Here is how I would like this laid out.

1. Username
2. MBTI Type
3. Why are you this type? How do you use your functions in real life? (This section is to prevent mistypes)
4. Favorite Video Game Genres
5. Favorite Video Games
6. Why do you like these games/genres?
7. How do you think your favorite games relate to your MBTI type?
8. Other (optional)

Thank you for reading through this and please comment below!
~Spec

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm hoping to get this article done sooner rather than later, so some feedback would be much appreciated.

sindri

INFJ

Favorite single player games:
Journey
Abzu
Braid
The Witness
Luftrausers while listening to The Red Army Choir
N++ while listening to Wayne Dyer read the Tao Te Ching
FTL
Downwell
Fez
Redout

Favorite games with friends:
Scott Pilgrim VS The World The Game (God, Paul Robertson and Anamanaguchi in 1 game!! To die for)
Crawl

hope that helps :)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. yama
2. ESFJ
3. I'm a typology veteran so I guarantee you I'm not mistyped, lol :p So I'm just going to give the extremely short and unsatisfying answer of "because"
4. Open world RPG, puzzle, strategy, casual, survival/crafting
5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Diablo 2, Stardew Valley, The Forest, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon
6. Open world RPGs are nice because of the freedom, exploration, and immersion. Puzzle and strategy are fun as time killers. Casual games are just so relaxing and stress-free to play. And survival/crafting games are both fun for an adrenaline rush because of the threat of enemies as well as the accomplishment of watching your creations grow and improve. As you can see, I like a wide variety of games for multiple different reasons.
7. To be honest, I don't think they do. People probably just like the things they like because it's what they grew up with. If anything, I'd connect it to Si because Si is impressionistic, and my favorite part of games of my favorite genre (open-world rpg) have to do with immersion, and immersion is largely based upon impressions.