• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it just me, or are ENFP's the largest extroverted group here?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
What do you mean "is it just you"?

Either it is or it isn't. You noticing wouldn't change that.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
What do you mean "is it just you"?

Either it is or it isn't. You noticing wouldn't change that.

I think he meant was it just his perception of it or not... other people might think its another group of Es.

T bomb deactivated.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think he meant was it just his perception of it or not... other people might think its another group of Es.

T bomb deactivated.

Trust me, you pulled the wrong wire.
My point was a cryptic one.
A simple glance through the members list would confirm or disprove the suspicion.

His perception has very little bearing on the actual figures.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Trust me, you pulled the wrong wire.
My point was a cryptic one.
A simple glance through the members list would confirm or disprove the suspicion.

His perception has very little bearing on the actual figures.

A simple glance at the member's list does not tell you everything. Not everyone has their type spelled out. Also, you would have to go through each person's statistics to see which ones were most active in comparison to others.

Perception has everything to do with it since not everyone lurks in the same areas on these forums.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
To end the random debate about "is it just me"

I would say ENFP is one of the largest, but I'm honestly too lazy to check.

Usehername

On a mission
A simple glance at the member's list does not tell you everything. Not everyone has their type spelled out. Also, you would have to go through each person's statistics to see which ones were most active in comparison to others.

Perception has everything to do with it since not everyone lurks in the same areas on these forums.

Nor does everyone experience thoughts in the exact same way and same order and same manner that Nocapszy does, as he tends to assume (and follows with calling people idiots who don't end up with the same conclusions or interpretations as he did).

I like you buddy, but we aren't all up inside your headz thinkin your thoughtz. Be more explicit with your thinking or don't be so harsh toward others.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Just as the title asks.

If so why?
This isn't scientific because not everyone reports their type accurately, but out of all the self-reported members listed, I found:
ENFP - 176
ENTP - 106
ENTJ - 46
ENFJ - 38
There are 18 ESTx and 20 ESFx types.

So your observation was probably correct. Out of all the Extroverted groups, the ENFPs is probably the largest.
Why? My guess is that it has something to do with the primary cognitive processes.

Out of all the INs and ENs, their first and second processes have no S function in them.
They're all thinking, intuiting or feeling.
S is a process that likes to observe real life.
Se seems to be the biggest deterrent to spending time on a forum.
Two introverted processes seem to trump S in some types.

These are only members whose whole type was listed - just to give a general idea.

INTP - 436 Ti Ne Si
INFP - 306 Fi Ne Si
INTJ - 279 Ni Te Fi
INFJ - 240 Ni Fe Ti
ENFP - 176 Ne Fi Te
ENTP - 106 Ne Ti Fe

ENTJ - 46 Te Ni Se
ISTP - 45 Ti Se Ni
ISTJ - 39 Si Te Fi
ENFJ - 38 Fe Ni Se
ISFJ - 33 Si Fe Ti
ISFP - 29 Fi Se Ni