User Tag List

123 Last

Deleted Account

Default What's the best way to type people?

I personally think a fluid interview is the best way to type someone, especially if in person or over the phone. Not to be confused with a free response questionnaire, which I think is good but not good enough.

What are your thoughts? Are you pro test? Can you preach for vibes?
    Likes magpie, Crystal Winter Dream liked this post

Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Personally, I combine my gut with some logic and observation of how that person behaves and/or what motivates their behaviour. Sometimes I have a intuitive grip that is correct about the person I am observing.
    ex Glados.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx

Thought process, how they present content.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    749 sx
    Socionics
    SNL None

Dom and inferior functions are pretty much inescapable, I think.

I look at Dom and Tert most of the time.

I think vibe is a shitty way to type people, as is looking at eyes, etc., because it's... hmm... There's a lot of other psychiatric conditions that may affect, uh, affect. You can't tell what type I am because I'm deadpan most of the time when I don't know the person I'm talking to. Unless I somehow have the spoons to put on the "game face", then I probably feel like an Fe user.

Talking complicates things because of mimic affecting the judgment regarding thought processes, but it's easier when the process of thinking is clear.
    Either infp or istj.

Enneagram
    794 so/sp

Id say overall the best way to type is to use your gut to guide you to a degree like looking at the overall archetypes this person shows like looking at patterns of what each type acts and thinks like like for instance I can type one off the bat as a tritype 794 by that general magical and upbeat yet deeply feeling air they tend to give off and then look deeper to see if they fit the core fears for each of those three types. My gut is usually right on at least two of the three types in their tri from my experience but I am pretty well versed so take that with a grain of salt. As for instinctual stackings I go by how they interact with others and how they relate to the environment around them. Like if I see someone who is very social and wants to get to know everyone yet has a odd distance from it all they tend to be So/Sp for instance.

For MBTI/Soconics I look for functions they demonstrate and then piece together what place it seems to be in their stacking.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    I personally think a fluid interview is the best way to type someone, especially if in person or over the phone. Not to be confused with a free response questionnaire, which I think is good but not good enough. What are your thoughts? Are you pro test? Can you preach for vibes?
    Aside from them taking a test I think the best way is by asking questions and observing their thought processes which comes across through their words. Also I do think There is something to this visual typing thing but I'm not as certain about that. Need to read that book

Different strokes for different folks, some people might find different methods optimal for thems, I don't believe there is one superior way. There might be for a person or subset of peoples, but I don't think everyone even comprehends type the same way.

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

and face typing.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Tests appear to ballpark. From there, my preference is to watch for patterns of focus.

MBTI
    NFTS
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

So many variables. I think typing others takes time and they must be relatively mentally stable. There are a lot of factors/type combinations that can complicate things. I think the Fauvres said that 20% of people are difficult to type for that reason. Someone else who also does professional typing said that they won't type someone with less than 2 hours of in-person or live streamed communication because of the ego influence.

I consider myself to be one of the difficult ones to type for various reasons.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯