• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Let's talk about Inferior Fi

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you mean?

I think this is what they mean.

Do you have any expectations about how inferior Fi operates?
What do you expect inferior Fi to look like?

Pity I didn't realize I asked the same question in two different ways. Oh well.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean what are your experiences with it?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think this is what they mean.

Do you have any expectations about how inferior Fi operates?
What do you expect inferior Fi to look like?

Pity I didn't realize I asked the same question in two different ways. Oh well.
I mean what are your experiences with it?

I struggle identifying the function within myself. When a see it in others, it's a process of elimination type of identification. Usually in the case of "well that's dominant Te therefore this is inferior Fi".

I suppose the image I'm seeing is a sudden outburst after a period of sharpness.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I struggle identifying the function within myself. When a see it in others, it's a process of elimination type of identification. Usually in the case of "well that's dominant Te therefore this is inferior Fi".

I suppose the image I'm seeing is a sudden outburst after a period of sharpness.

Hmm, when I get angry, and the anger escapes, my outburst is sharp. I don't know how you would separate the two. Do enlighten me.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can most readily see is when we get into more abstract discussions of the world and our place in it, what it all means and such. The struggles he tends to contend with is trying to find a path for himself, of meaning and personal value.

Just realized I presented my brother's inner struggle with Fi without a point of comparison being me. So in the most basic sense, he tends to struggle with figuring out his own path and meaning, sort of the bigger picture to it all that encompasses him (combining with that Ni of his). My struggles on the other hand, tend to circle around being able to see and understand my meaning and purpose in life, but feeling anxiety over not seeing it happen. I get twisted all up inside in periods of prolonged stagnation, not out of boredom, but because I see time as ultimately finite and I have limited amounts of it to realize my ideals. I don't always know HOW to get there, whereas my brother doesn't quite know the WHY.

I tried to present my inner struggles as it relates to Te for a better comparison per the topic of this thread. If I explained how my inferior Si can flare up and compared that to my brother's inferior Fi, then like uhh, what good is that? :p

AdmiralAndGirlsDesu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Inferior Fi, from my perspective, is one of the most troublesome positions because it has a hugely negative impact on one's ability to work out their true feelings, values, inclinations etc. One who does not understand themselves at the deepest level is really a tragedy, because the last thing this cold, unfeeling world needs is a LACK of self-understanding and self-confrontation in search of truths.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I'm intp and really inferior Fi is one of the most powerful show of love that you can feel ... maybe not in a social aspect but when you have a problem there is a few people that is gonna help you without any form of thinking at all .

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How inferior Fi manifests for him, and partially what he uses me for in his life, is that he feels his emotions just as personally and deep as I do (can only assume cuz I'm not him) but he has NO idea what it all means. He does the typical Te dom approach and ignores his emotions until he no longer can contain them, then, because they've gone on all this time without being identified and sorted, it comes out in harsh judgements of other people and how life is unfair and such. I could say being around this growing up and whenever he comes to me with issues today is such a drain, but he's my brother so I put up with A LOT because I love the guy.
I can relate to the highlighted.

The other way it tends to come out that I can most readily see is when we get into more abstract discussions of the world and our place in it, what it all means and such. The struggles he tends to contend with is trying to find a path for himself, of meaning and personal value. It's very easy for him to get wrapped up in checking off those life milestone boxes like going to Prom, getting married, go on some grand life adventure, I don't know, whatever society tells you is an important milestone haha. This differs from catering to other people or their opinions though as he really doesn't care a whole lot for pleasing others or what they think, but that he seems to view life as this construct just as anything else, like playing the game of life is parallel to working your way up the ranks of a corporation.
What causes him to want to check off these boxes? Why does he see value in them, as opposed to other things he might do with his time and energy? Doing things the way everyone else does because that's what people do seems more of an SJ tendency.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
What causes him to want to check off these boxes? Why does he see value in them, as opposed to other things he might do with his time and energy? Doing things the way everyone else does because that's what people do seems more of an SJ tendency.

I don’t know the specific reasoning behind this worry of his, I’d be curious to ask, but from what I gather after discussing with him on multiple occasions over this anxiety of his (he no longer has anxiety because of our chats, and partly due to life circumstances :D) is that he viewed the milestones more as “quantifiable” indicators for a life lived successfully rather than because it’s what others have told him is the thing to do.

He does that thing I’ve noticed in Ni users, where he blankets people into categories due to external patterns picked up over time, like, this guy looks homeless, so he’s probably actually homeless, a drug addict, irresponsible, etc., creating that whole narrative and atttaching it to observable instances that indicate the narrative may be present in that new situation.

Though, I wouldn’t rule out an ESTJ typing for him either, come to think of it.